Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    edited June 2018
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lana - sorry. His wife is deceased. His Sister was on her way. She is here, now. Nothing has been discussed about house. I don't know if she doesn't want to do it in front of me... or, if there are other things brewing....I just don't know what to think....
  • arniedog74

Yes. "She" is the sister. Guess I should have clarified. Sometimes, I don't type all that I mean.... sounds good in my head...hehe
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Such winds yesterday and this morning. Temps in low 80's - dont worry they say 100 by weekend.....

Groceries then home to cook - sweet potato shepherd's pie adding sauted mushrooms in for a little more chew.

My morning weigh in "as is" is down 6 to 8 ounces from last week so at least movement down. Will keep walking more - wont make Saltine's stats, but it is all towards the good.

BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member
    [/quote]

Yes. "She" is the sister. Guess I should have clarified. Sometimes, I don't type all that I mean.... sounds good in my head...hehe[/quote]

Dawn - It was Me who read it wrong and couldn't see it the way you meant it. Sometimes my brain gets stuck looking at something one way, and I can't see it a different way, you know?
    Our thinking is SO complex compares to a few words in a message on this board.

By the way, how is your knee doing?

Sara - glad that you are seeing the numbers head in the right direction. Walking is hard when the temps creep up.

Time for more coffee!

Lana

238.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

• Tilliesmommy1
    NSV - went looking in bakery for a single serving of something - could find two but not one - or they were prepackaged overprocessed "junk". So I figured I would have a protein bar later instead.

Sweet potatoes in oven, will make 6 meals out of shepherd's pie - will freeze 2 - so 3 meals for lunch and a nourish bowl and one meal at cafe.

Found shredded rotisserie chicken on sale, not bad as that also means I would not have buy a whole chicken to make chicken salad. Wandering at a grocery store usually means more junk food, but not today!!

BBL.
  • izenzo
    izenzo Posts: 57 Member
    Happy Father's Day to any fathers following this thread.

Yesterday it was my swim day. My hubby went to the gym with me. I was able to get an extra 10 minutes to my laps. That got me up to 40 min of laps. That's almost back to where I was prior to knee replacement.

My adult son who is also trying to lose weight has dropped 23 pounds in a month. He has really committed to this lifestyle. Making it work has been a challenge as he works 3rd shift. I am so proud how he has worked it out into a do-able lifestyle for himself.
  • arniedog74
    edited June 2018
    Lana - good WI... it's ok...I don't always get the words out right... my knee is better... bruised and tender, but it's better than expected...

Sara - great NSV! I was getting sucked into snack aisle at Dollar General... put back all but one, crackers and cheese... it's not real... but, better than all the chocolate I was looking at...

Izenzo- great job on swimming... glad you have hubby support and your son, that is impressive. Having all on the same page really helps us with our journey...

I am so close to my Scentsy goal for the month. I still have a ways to go with fundraiser. I'll be keeping it open until I reach that goal. Thanks for all your support!

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Waves to all and thanks for get well wishes. And to those who suggested I pass it on to someone else....hubby now has it so we’re both sick. :(

On to a busy work week - good luck to everyone!

Best,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    MONDAY

Good morning, Scale down .8 - enjoying the moment and walk on.

Tess- iced or hot herbal tea. Good movies and let the "schedule of the world" go away. Hope you feel better.

Got my shepherd's pie into the fridge / freezer last night so 5 meals waiting. 100 plus temps by end of week so I also have the making for turkey wraps.

With the temps so hot by weekend and air quality in the toilet, I will probably have to walk my extra minutes indoors. Edited - I am thinking I can also get more walking in before the HEAT strikes so I get my total weekly minutes/steps in.

Lurking from work - wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Waves to all and thanks for get well wishes. And to those who suggested I pass it on to someone else....hubby now has it so we’re both sick. :(

On to a busy work week - good luck to everyone!

Best,

Tess

Oh, no, Tess! DH has it? Yick. I hope he can get rid of it very soon.

Lana

• LanaCabana537

Sara -

****** CONGRATULATIONS !!! ********** Great weigh in today.
    I hope that sends you off with more motivation to keep it going!
    Chip away at the walking whenever and wherever you can.

Lana

ugly # - today One word: cupcakes
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Happy Monday all! It’s been a busy few days of helping family members move, anniversary, and bbqs. Eager to get back on track now that things aren’t so chaotic. Eating well and need to drink some more water today. I’ll check back later. Hope all are well!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,686 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Thank you all... lots of things I didn't consider, but good to have in my pocket. I honestly don't know anything about a will. I do know, he put SO's name on a few items, but said it would be with sisters permission. I could be wrong, but he probably didn't think his sister would cause any issues. It is his home he bought with his late wife about 4 years ago. She is supposed to be here any time and wants to have dinner with us... she has never done that before, so I'm kinda worried about that...we shall see... after all this family stuff, I'm very thankful for being an only child and terrified just as well...

Tess - good vibes your way!

Sara - I would like to see kindness monster as well...

Lana - back in the 30's! You go girl!

Not sure what is up for tonite... I'll be back at some point and tell you if I need some bail money...hehe

I always wanted to be part of a large family. My Mom was an only child, my Dad had 6 brothers and sisters. I have one sibling. As I've gotten older I have seen large families completely torn apart when it reaches the time of dividing property, reading wills, etc. One of my Aunts, when she passed everything was written very clearly in the will and was going to be divided equally between the 6 children. It still ended up being a massive fight where siblings didn't speak to each other for more than 2 years. The two executors wouldn't even wait for 2 weeks for one son to get home for a burial service after the cremation. It was awful and still 8 years later not resolved 100%. I am grateful now it is just my brother and I.

I know how difficult it is not to worry about what might happen, but I have found worrying about the what if's ruins today. A lot of the time what you have worried about, or played out in your head never actually comes to fruition. Take some deep breaths and know that everything will work out exactly the way it is meant to.
  • LanaCabana537

Waving hellos to Eryn and Snowflake~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Snowflake - thank you. After seeing how my family is after Gpa passed, I don't expect the best and, hope it doesn't end up the worst.

Cousin passed away this morning. SO is actually doing well. He says, it's a bit of a relief, knowing Cousin is no longer suffering and is in a better place. Tomorrow may be different, as I will be back to work and he will be alone. The sister is gone and not sure when she will be back. No services for awhile, she's not ready. Nothing else has been said about house, other than her telling us to make it our own. I guess, the best thing is just go about our business and when the time comes, she'll talk to us.

• arniedog74
    Waves to all... woke up with terrible headache, so just relaxing... have a good evening... stay cool!
  • izenzo
    izenzo Posts: 57 Member
    B) hi everyone

Well, not to be outdone by his older brother, my youngest is now onboard too. Nothing like a little brotherly rivalry. This is gonna be a fun summer, crazy, but fun.

Today was my trainer workout. She killed my upper body today. It felt good, but boy it was a killer 30 minutes. I followed this with taking my crazy coonhound to the vet for his yearly vaccination . Probably not such a great idea after arm workouts. I was exhausted once I got him home.

We have 3 dogs, all rescues, ranging in age 14 yrs, 5 years, and almost 2 years. They all celebrate their birthday in August. It makes life easier and no jealousy. The oldest is starting to show his age. I talked with the vet when we brought in the youngest today. She prescribed the older an anti inflammatory and some pain meds since he's been slow getting around. Gave him meds with dinner. Well, if these weren't like magic pills! He was running a bit in the yard with his younger fur brothers tonight. It made my heart smile. It will be worth every dollar if these help make his golden time enjoyable. I also found out that my vet will make a home visit when the time comes. That also makes things better. We had worried about that. This way he doesn't have to be further stressed at that point. It will probably make his fur brothers grief a little easier, rather than them thinking we go rid of their brother.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning, got extra walking in yesterday so that when it gets too hot my week of walking ends up being "the same".

Izenzo - sounds like you have a great Vet. Wonderful that you have your family all on the same "plan". A little rivalry is motivating.

Alarm woke me up, so going back to sleep before walk may not be so difficult.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • serenissima14
    serenissima14 Posts: 10 Member
    Hey all. Glad to find you! Simple goals here : walk (5x a week) and log (every day). Thanks for the inspiration.