Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

What healthy food will you absolutely, never, ever eat?

Raw tomatoes. I don't care of they are home grown, best tomatoes ever. I'm not eating them.

I will eat pico de Gallo (weird and irrational) and other tomato products. Never raw tomatoes.

Same! And I get upset if they put tomatoes on my sandwich after I've asked for no tomato. You can still taste the slime!

Yes!!! Tomatoes are sliming up the place.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Oh, gosh, I forgot about avocados. Yeah, not doing those either. No avocados. No guacamole. I'm pretty sure there are some people who think I can't be a true Texan if I don't eat guac.

I used to not like tomatoes either, but I actually really like them now. A perfectly ripe tomato, sliced and sprinkled with salt & pepper - yum!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I love pretty much all vegetables, including brussels sprouts and beets. Cooked kale is tasty, but raw, it has the texture of tree leaves. I don't eat them either. Avocadoes are slime.

Quinoa is OK, but I wouldn't choose it on purpose when there are so many other grains I like better.

All of the healthy stuff should be preceded by an adult beverage or followed by a piece of cake.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Since we are on the topic, and it's Friday, and I don't feel like working...

Mine is brussel sprouts. I've tried. I've done the roasting thing. Ew. Nope. No, thank you. Not in any way, shape, or form.

@quiksylver296
    Sweet Potatoes. Don't like them.
  • VUA21
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    :joy: That is soooo not what I meant. Dangit - apparently my mind isn't in the gutter enough to catch that before I wrote it. And, now I see my typo is immortalized twice too. :neutral: That's what I get for posting in a hurry before a meeting.

Too bad, you already said it!!! Hahahaha
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »

Mine is brussel sprouts. I've tried. I've done the roasting thing. Ew. Nope. No, thank you. Not in any way, shape, or form.

@quiksylver296

I can't comprehend! I <3 sweet potatoes! I'm already looking forward to Sunday, steaks on the smoker, and a baked sweet potato with butter and brown sugar.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

@quiksylver296

I'm an adult-onset sweet potato eater. Hated them as a kid, but I adore them now.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

@quiksylver296

I'm an adult-onset sweet potato eater. Hated them as a kid, but I adore them now.

'Adult-onset eater' I like that! I have several foods I'm that way with.
  • VUA21
    Options

@quiksylver296

I can't comprehend! I <3 sweet potatoes! I'm already looking forward to Sunday, steaks on the smoker, and a baked sweet potato with butter and brown sugar.

That's okay. I love tomatoes, so if we're ever at a cookout together, I'll give you all of my sweet potatoes, and I get your tomatoes.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with kale if it's buried in that stupidly named superfood salad. Otherwise bleh.
    No brussel sprouts for me. Also no avocado or guac. No cauliflower, broccoli or a whole raft of veggies. And eggs. They make me puke.

My wife likes all of the above.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm okay with kale if it's buried in that stupidly named superfood salad. Otherwise bleh.
    No brussel sprouts for me. Also no avocado or guac. No cauliflower, broccoli or a whole raft of veggies. And eggs. They make me puke.

My wife likes all of the above.

Do you say this so we'll question your wife's judgement, or so we won't? :tongue:
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Kale (and collards) are delicious if picked after a frost when they are sweet, cooked a long time, and seasoned with bacon grease. Raw? Might as well eat straw.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I lost over 40lbs while still eating Burger King several times a week. Value menu for the win! (smaller portions and super cheap) I eat everything tbh. Nothing is off limits. If I want ice cream I get ONE friendly’s Dixie cup sundae and I am satisfied with that. I refuse to eat fake ice cream aka halo top. I was craving a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich this morning, so I made one and it was delish! And it was only 345 cals o:)

Kale and avocados are disgusting. Especially the latter. I will never understand the hype.
  • BlessedMom70
    BlessedMom70 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I will eat an entire pint of Enlightened at the end of the night if I have the calories.
  • rosileem
    rosileem Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Following because I need you people lolol! And I need friendly reminders that I can eat “normally” (see: like I’m not a bear who stores everything for hibernation O.o) as long as it’s portion wise and in moderation. Plus I’m a lazy cook and I like cheese