! - This is a Diet-neutral Forum! - !

arguablysamson
arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
edited April 2018 in Social Groups
As of late, we keep getting hit with low-carb / keto approaches to OMAD. That is totally fine, but it may give the impression that this is the ONLY way to go with OMAD--and it isn't. In fact, I think it's not the best idea, personally. However, that changes - and may change - from person to person. Fair enough.

This is just a note to all new and current members that OMAD and its results can be achieved through any type of diet. Do not assume allegiance or alliance with any diet plans or diet plan gurus.

Intermittent fasting does not belong to anyone or group, and the same is true of OMAD. No one can proclaim a monopoly or any sort of "corner market" on its principles. In the same vein as that, this is an ideologically neutral forum, which means no militant insistence on any eating philosophy (veganism, etc.)

All eating plans are welcomed and encouraged so long as they are sustainable. As with the YT channel, the idea is balance and wellness, not dogmatism.

Just a note.

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited April 2018
    Noted humbly. I can seem preachy (and be confusing) when discussing exciting and new subjects.

Will be sure to preface experience tales with - “what works for me” - as often as possible.

• HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Thanks for stating this. As a newbie to OMAD (but not IF), I have noticed that it "seems" connected mostly to ketogenic diets. Thanks for clarifying! :)
  • DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Well said! I am confident any way of eating OMAD will get one to their weight loss goals, as long as they are consistent and stick with it. I am only interested in ketogenic diets for treating other things. My weight loss is cruising right along just fine on OMAD alone! keep up the good work! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    Outstanding replies.

There are so many success stories on this forum, with different approaches.

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I've seen success here with eating meat only to eating vegan only. Also standard omad to a wider eating window. I like that we can experiment and share. Sustainability (and feasability) is what matters!
  • Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member
    I like the flexibility to have what I want (within reason, of course -- I'm not going to parse out my daily calories with candy bars, and would certainly regret trying).

Some days, I'll do low carb, other days high carb, still other days vegetarian. Some people do better with more regimentation. However, as a born contrarian, I know I'd eventually rebel and abandon ship. It's just a matter of time. OMAD, however I want to define it, is something I'm sure I can stick with.
  • EstrangedTiger
    Eddy_65 wrote: »
    I like the flexibility to have what I want (within reason, of course -- I'm not going to parse out my daily calories with candy bars, and would certainly regret trying).

Some days, I'll do low carb, other days high carb, still other days vegetarian. Some people do better with more regimentation. However, as a born contrarian, I know I'd eventually rebel and abandon ship. It's just a matter of time. OMAD, however I want to define it, is something I'm sure I can stick with.

Absolutely! I go with my feelings for the day. Lifting days require more carbs, for instance. Love vegan days!

Yeah, I tend to be rebellious, as well. OMAD is actually a perfect example. The more family resists, the harder I dig in my heels!
  • Eddy_65
    Absolutely! I go with my feelings for the day. Lifting days require more carbs, for instance. Love vegan days!

Yeah, I tend to be rebellious, as well. OMAD is actually a perfect example. The more family resists, the harder I dig in my heels!

My family already thinks I'm "out there." This would be another log on the fire, for sure.
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    IM SEEING GREAT RESULTS JUST FOLLOWING THE OMAD BASICS IN MY OWN WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
    ONE MEAL! ONE PLATE! ONE BEVERAGE! ONE TIME!
    AND THE NICE THING ABOUT IT IS I LOST 31.8 LBS WITHOUT EXERCISING AMAZING! BUT I WILL START EXERCISING WHEN I DO GET CLOSER TO MY WEIGHT RANGE. 150 LBS TO 165LBS.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    IM SEEING GREAT RESULTS JUST FOLLOWING THE OMAD BASICS IN MY OWN WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
    ONE MEAL! ONE PLATE! ONE BEVERAGE! ONE TIME!
    AND THE NICE THING ABOUT IT IS I LOST 31.8 LBS WITHOUT EXERCISING AMAZING! BUT I WILL START EXERCISING WHEN I DO GET CLOSER TO MY WEIGHT RANGE. 150 LBS TO 165LBS.

Awesome!!! :)
  • KatsNewYear
    KatsNewYear Posts: 47 Member
    So glad you are saying this because trying to stick to one plan can be stressful enough, but trying to incorporate two things is way over my head. I am doing OMAD only for now and then just working on tweaking my eating habits to my betterment as I go.
  • runnah262
    runnah262 Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2018
    I started OMAD on July 25, 2018 the day after I under went foot surgery I have be unable to exercise and cannot bear weight on my foot for a total of 6 weeks, I have been doing OMAD and have successfully lost 10 pounds in the first 16 days eating a variety of foods, I had 1 splurge day on this past Friday and got right back onto OMAD on Saturday and I feel so great I love this it is so less stressful of having to burn off a ton of calories in the gym being a cardio bunny. This lifestyle has helped me tremendously through the recovery of my surgery and helping me lose the weight!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member

My family already thinks I'm "out there." This would be another log on the fire, for sure.

When they see you lose weight, they won't think it is way out there!
  • arguablysamson
    blambo61 wrote: »

Totally true.
  • Eddy_65
    blambo61 wrote: »

Totally true.

You know what's interesting? I'm under 170 lbs. for the first time since college, and people who are used to seeing me at 190-200+ lbs. haven't called me out on it yet. No "you look too thin" or "have you lost weight?" comments.

I take that to mean that I've lost it the "right" way. I feel good, and I don't look gaunt or malnourished.
  • As of late, we keep getting hit with low-carb / keto approaches to OMAD. That is totally fine, but it may give the impression that this is the ONLY way to go with OMAD--and it isn't. In fact, I think it's not the best idea, personally. However, that changes - and may change - from person to person. Fair enough.

This is just a note to all new and current members that OMAD and its results can be achieved through any type of diet. Do not assume allegiance or alliance with any diet plans or diet plan gurus.

Intermittent fasting does not belong to anyone or group, and the same is true of OMAD. No one can proclaim a monopoly or any sort of "corner market" on its principles. In the same vein as that, this is an ideologically neutral forum, which means no militant insistence on any eating philosophy (veganism, etc.)

All eating plans are welcomed and encouraged so long as they are sustainable. As with the YT channel, the idea is balance and wellness, not dogmatism.

Just a note.

THANK YOU for finally bringing my mind peace with this, Joe! Enough was enough of the black and white pro keto dogma.
  • Eddy_65
    One thing that stuck with me from the videos is that we do best by eating what is around us. Some people do fine on a restrictive diet. I don't, and I think that most don't. I believe that this causes people to overthink weight loss, and gives ammunition to the "95% of diets fail!" folks.

I've found that cravings generally sort themselves out after a while, and keeping trigger foods out of the house, or at least at a minimum, helps as well.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    This is the second time in 3-4 years that I have tried OMAD. The first time i tried it I came from a Low carb eating regime and tried to combine low carb with OMAD. This time I’m getting a fair share of carbs. Both approaches have worked for me but I feel more satisfied when I do OMAD with carbs. So that means it’s more sustainable and enjoyable for me to do OMAD with carbs.
  • arguablysamson
    Abm4n wrote: »
    This is the second time in 3-4 years that I have tried OMAD. The first time i tried it I came from a Low carb eating regime and tried to combine low carb with OMAD. This time I’m getting a fair share of carbs. Both approaches have worked for me but I feel more satisfied when I do OMAD with carbs. So that means it’s more sustainable and enjoyable for me to do OMAD with carbs.

This is what most people find to be true, IMO.