Struggling to get my full macro intake

nwhitehead12
nwhitehead12 Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hi I’m new to all this and would just like a bit of advise. I’m trying the macro diet and I’m struggling to intake all the fat protein and carbs that has been advised. My percentage intake for the day is all correct so not sure if this is still ok or I need more as I’m struggling now as I’m always full. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    I'm not sure I totally understand your question. Are you saying that you aren't getting your planned gram amounts per macro? Like, your plan says that you should get 60g of fat per day, but you're getting less than that? But that your over percentages are on target? What about your calories? Conceivably, your calorie count is also low, no?
  • nwhitehead12
    Sorry for not explaining properly but yes that’s what I was getting at. And yes my calorie count is also low. Will the diet still work if the percentages are still on target ?
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    Any diet will work if you are in a calorie deficit, but you do need to worry about eating too little. The minimum amount of calories for a woman should be 1,200, as long as you aren't dipping below that, and if you feel good, and you are in a deficit, I wouldn't be too concerned.

I did take a look at your diary, your calorie allowance is really high. Is that a number that MFP gave you or did you enter that manually? What are your current stats and what is your goal? What are you doing for exercise? What is your lifestyle like, are you sedentary or active?
  • nwhitehead12
    I got it from a macro calculator online (healthy eater) I thought they were all way to high. I’m wanting just to shift half a stone not much as all my BMI is all healthy range. I train 6 times a week. Mostly metafit,metapower also now started spinning to.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    I would suggest maybe entering your stats in to MFP and see what kind of calorie allowance it gives you. With 1 stone to lose, you probably shouldn't try for more than a .5 to .75 lb per week loss.
  • nwhitehead12
    Great all try that. Thanks for your help