adding workouts to MFP from fitbit info

shirlsmarie
shirlsmarie Posts: 2 Member
hey guys!
I know that MFP gets my step information from my fitbit but do i need to manually add my other workouts in MFP to get the correct break down of calories used?.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    No. If you have a HR-based Fitbit model it will take care of everything. Even if it's without heart rate capabilities, it's best to log your non-step based exercise in Fitbit to not mess with the calorie adjustment (plus their database looks a bit more accurate than MFP's).
  • shirlsmarie
    shirlsmarie Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2018
    Ok thank you!
  • implosionofme
    implosionofme Posts: 3 Member
    I like to log in MFP so it shows my exercise in my newsfeed. In order to not mess up your fitbit calories burned. Wait jntil fotbit autologs, say a 30 min walk… once it logs your walk note the time started, minutes, and cals burned… if you enter the walk in MFP exact same time, burn, minutes walked in a couple minutes fotbit will replace the auto logged walk with the MFP walk… no double entries in fitbit , and keeps calories burned accurate/same.

If I want to log something in MFP that I dont want affecting my fitbit(weightsor yoga for me) , log it as a strength activity in MFP it wont change anything on your fitbit.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    I like to log in MFP so it shows my exercise in my newsfeed. In order to not mess up your fitbit calories burned. Wait jntil fotbit autologs, say a 30 min walk… once it logs your walk note the time started, minutes, and cals burned… if you enter the walk in MFP exact same time, burn, minutes walked in a couple minutes fotbit will replace the auto logged walk with the MFP walk… no double entries in fitbit , and keeps calories burned accurate/same.

If I want to log something in MFP that I dont want affecting my fitbit(weightsor yoga for me) , log it as a strength activity in MFP it wont change anything on your fitbit.

You can always make a post to your wall saying the same thing
  • janzindler
    janzindler Posts: 4 Member
    I successfully synced today!!! I've been waiting since Friday but it's all caught up
  • heateris
    heateris Posts: 2 Member
    janzindler wrote: »
    I successfully synced today!!! I've been waiting since Friday but it's all caught up

Jealous.
  • NARudy
    NARudy Posts: 33 Member
    It would be nice if MFP did sync the exercises from Fitbit, since they have events and contests that relate to logging exercise here. My FitBit is the tool I use to track my elliptical, jogging and biking with more precision than I could do without it, and it makes no sense for me to port that info over to MFP manually after each exercise (two+ a day) when it could just be brought over.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    NARudy wrote: »
    It would be nice if MFP did sync the exercises from Fitbit, since they have events and contests that relate to logging exercise here. My FitBit is the tool I use to track my elliptical, jogging and biking with more precision than I could do without it, and it makes no sense for me to port that info over to MFP manually after each exercise (two+ a day) when it could just be brought over.

That is Fitbit's decision as to what to sync - it's optional.

Garmin and Apple Health, and I believe Samsung - all send the workouts across.

Garmin also chose not to sync meal summaries back, merely daily total, so many options available that MFP provides.

It's the 3rd party that decides how much money to spend on the effort to develop their side.

Besides, why does MFP have to contain the workouts if "Fitbit is the tool .. to track" the workouts?

If it's really about your friend's list seeing the workouts - just make a wall post with more useful info about it anyway.

Where are the challenges that go off your Exercise Diary on MFP?
    Which frankly can be totally bogus and made up, so I'm doubtful.