WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Replies

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Janet, you need to get your doctor. It sounds like you have a concussion.
    (((HUGS)))
    Dana in Arkansas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    going to go out and meet friends for a drink... and will be back ,i always always wear earplugs, as it gets so loud,,,,
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    My friend with pneumonia is on the way to recovery. She was able to stay out of the hospital. Thanks for all the prayers.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    I am ready for this weather to end, too hot and humid and no AC. Possible thunder storms tonight. There are things I need to do outside but it is just too hot. If sweating makes you lose weight I should lose some today. Went this morning to get groceries. I got some fresh raspberries and cherries. Yum!

Katla - Hope DH's injury is not serious and he feels better quickly.

Allie - Good luck on your closing.

Carol - Try putting your hands in a sink of warm water. You can squeeze sponges or just open and close your hands into fists. Also try spreading fingers apart and then bring them together. This could give you some relief from the arthritis pain.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,750 Member
    Well, I can already notice my chest doesn't feel as tight, using the inhaler. I slept better, and woke up at a reasonable hour. My heart races a bit right after I use the inhaler, but settles down ok. The doctor yesterday said using the nasal spray will help shrink my nasal tissues. The fact that my wheezing happens mostly at night, led him to deduce that my sinus stuff was dripping down my throat irritating it. Makes sense! So clearing up the sinuses will make my wheezing go away. I can literally open my mouth while lying in bed, and hear squeeks, bubbling, and just strange noises. I don't know if I'm afflicted by paranormals, or what! My neck doesn't seem so tight this morning either. I don't wish to moan and groan about my ailments, but I think I kinda just did!
    I am not one to take medicines, not focus on myself so. I just expect to wake up and do. This whole experience of being self aware, of things I am feeling, is new to me. That part of getting old sucks!
    My eldest son and I texted yesterday, and I was sharing factual information about my doctors appointment, and he came back with a, "How serious is all this" ? I said its just worrisome, and I think its all connected. My ears, my sinuses, my throat. My husband asked me if I told the doctor about my lack of sense of smell. My nose literally doesn't work. I cannot smell food, nor the cedar in the sun room, or scents of flowers. I don't even think about it. One more question to put on my list for next time. Or send him an email.
    Well, time to be somewhat productive today!
    Hugs to each and every one of yas!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington

I have the same issues because of the allergies. This RV park is in an area that is over 6,000 feet above sea level and I believe is affecting my breathing as well. Using my inhaler before bed and during the night if I wake up with breathing issues helps me tremendously so I can get the sleep I need.

As for the shots, I have been going 10 days between shots (14 is the max) to follow the plan without interruption. I am hoping this bottle of 'stuff' will last until we get back to our home-base and allergist for refills.

Not doing so well with exercising at this RV park. Not much room or area to walk. Leaving next Wednesday and have reservations at a much nicer park through the 4th.

RV Rita in Grants New Mexico on Rte. 66 for another week.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Mmmmm
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    :)
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    stats for the day, another over 1k burn

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.51min, 131mhr, 13.9amph. 1.5mi= 71c
    apple watch- 65c
    ELIPTICAL- 30min, 137mhr, 126ahr, 2-4 to 5.5 alt., weight loss program, 2.92mi= 238c
    apple watch- 270c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn sta- 49.15min, 125ahr, 148mhr, 14.4amph, 11.8mi= 473c
    apple watch- 470c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.46min, 151mhr, 127ahr, 9.14min mi, .5mi= 60c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.14min, 9.15min mi, 124ahr, 149mhr, .4mi= 55c
    apple watch- 50c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.11min, 130ahr, 157mhr, 9.6amph, 2.5mi= 183c
    apple watch- 147c

total cal 1080
    rode to work again from the gym
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    :)Katla, it has been awhile since we traveled in an RV but even then we found that we could get more information online than in a book. One website that has lots of listings is Good Sam. There are many others but the names aren't coming to mind right now.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Got my driver’s license renewed today then drove DH to eye appointment. Since his eyes were dialated I had to driv home also.
    DGS has appointment with his surgeon in the morning so we hav a final decision on the cruise. That will leave me about a week and a half to get ready. I have lots of lists.
    Janetr- go to dr. May be nothing but could be something. Take care of you.
    Suebdew in TX
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Katla, there is an APP you can put on your phone called RV Parky. When you open it, it finds your location and shows you a map with all RV parks near you. It also will show you all Walmarts close and gas stations you may choose to see. When you click on a park it shows you that park's information such as rate per night, reviews from patrons, telephone numbers, etc. We use it constantly.

Janetr OKC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Ok up Way past my bedtime but boy did I have a blast.....just got home,in jammies and in bed.
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 838 Member
    Just a quick post today.
    Michele, hubby and I got ourselves into a roommate situation many years ago. The guy was someone hubby worked with. He had been living with his folks to get debts settled and when he said he was ready to move out, we assumed he had settled his debts. Yeah, not so much. Creditors phoning all the time. Anyway, the point of the story.... Because we had kind of panicked (okay, I panicked!) about not being able to find a place when we moved into the place we shared, we decided that we would move in with my in-laws til we could find a place. We were there for about 6 weeks. It was about 5 weeks too long..... And we didn't have any critters! They did, but that's another story. Anyway, we were both very happy when we were able to move into our own space. I sincerely hope that Pete and Denise do okay, but it doesn't sound like a very good idea to me!
    Have set the alarm on my phone for 8 p.m. to remind me to go brush my teeth. It has been working, but it's only been a few days. However, today was wi and I am down 1.8 from when I last recorded on MFP, which was about 3 weeks ago. Most of that has come off in the past few days. I was annoyed with myself for gaining so wasn't doing the check in. Hopefully I'm back on track! Life does seem to be settling down a bit. Cleared up a few things with our older son and daughter in law. Still some other things to settle, but it will have to wait. In the meantime, I am trying to just let it all go. I don't need the extra aggravation! lol
    Hugs to those who need them, congrats to those celebrating, get well wishes to those who are under the weather for whatever reason, and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island, who is so grateful for air conditioning as it's HOT here!!!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member