Did anyone Try This product? Does it work?

On top of being in deficit I want to try this below.

Flattummyco

https://flattummyco.com/pages/how-it-works

Replies

• Amy8Lyn
    Amy8Lyn Posts: 27 Member
    Basically these teas are fancy laxatives, which means it will help "clean" you out but not help lose fat. Long term laxative use can wreck havoc on your system. If you have issues getting things "moving" I suggest the tea called "smooth move" its only around $6. I would not use something like that more than once a week MAX, if you have continued issues I would take a look at your fiber intake to help.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,145 Member
    Ex-Lax is probably cheaper if you're going to go the diuretic/laxative route.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Another useless gimmick that will not amount to any real weight loss. As others have mentioned you just need to stick to a calorie deficit to burn fat.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yep, garbage. First, there's no way for a shake or a tea to go through your digestive system and specifically target your midsection. As far as
    meal replacement shakes, they're only effective if you plan to drink them for the rest of your life. What happens when you stop drinking the shakes and haven't learned a thing about portion control or maintaining your new weight?

Instead, you can use MFP to learn how to eat smaller portions of food you like to eat (and chew) and do it FOR FREE. No need for shakes unless you really like them. You can lose weight eating the foods you've always eaten.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I'm going to assume from your username that you started in 2015 - asking about laxatives in 2018 leads me to believe you didn't really try the MFP way which is to weigh and measure your food and count your calories so you can eat in a reasonable deficit, and settle in for the long haul. Healthier and more likely to have lasting effects than any quick fix.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    I appreciate all the time you put in and provided feedback which I am very familiar with. I only wanted to see if anyone uses this product and likes it.

I wanted to take a break of what I have been doing for 3 years now on MFP and being VERY Successfull in doing it. My body is so used to what I programmed it to do and holding on to the last 10 lbs eventhough tried intermittent fast which worked for a while and now it is back to a plateau. It's just a little shock with deficit to kick start things again.

With 10 pounds to go, you need to get accurate with your calorie counting. Do you own a food scale? How do you calculate your exercise calories, if you exercise?

I am not new to this and I am very accurate and own all tools :)

But poop in your intestines is not the problem. How tall are you? What is your goal weight?

I am 5' 1.5" and wanted weight goal 121lbs
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I was 20 pounds overweight forever. It took me a year to lose 20 pounds when I diligently started tracking my intake. I got accurate with a food scale. I was overfilling my measuring cups and not picking the right correct entries from the database. I now know what a medium apple looks like, I was eating extra large. A third cup of oatmeal is not heaping, but a scant 1/3 cup. Don't get me started on raw almonds, a handful is 12 almonds and not a fist full.

Either take a diet break and eat at your maintenance calories for a few weeks or just get more accurate. You can do this :D
  • hellonew2015
    I was 20 pounds overweight forever. It took me a year to lose 20 pounds when I diligently started tracking my intake. I got accurate with a food scale. I was overfilling my measuring cups and not picking the right correct entries from the database. I now know what a medium apple looks like, I was eating extra large. A third cup of oatmeal is not heaping, but a scant 1/3 cup. Don't get me started on raw almonds, a handful is 12 almonds and not a fist full.

Either take a diet break and eat at your maintenance calories for a few weeks or just get more accurate. You can do this :D

Yep!! good job on your loss :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    The last few pound are a *kitten*. I'm there as well. Progress is glacial :lol: Agree that you have to be incredibly accurate in logging and activity allowances. Any kind of quick fix product will most likely result in a temporary dip, at best. Consistency, accuracy, and patience are what is really called for in your case.
  • hellonew2015
    pinuplove wrote: »
    The last few pound are a *kitten*. I'm there as well. Progress is glacial :lol: Agree that you have to be incredibly accurate in logging and activity allowances. Any kind of quick fix product will most likely result in a temporary dip, at best. Consistency, accuracy, and patience are what is really called for in your case.

Amen :) - a little dip would be nice though haha