***Diary of a Mad OMADder***

Replies

• Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member
    I have a little OMAD ritual. In the hours before the feed, I locate and then arrange all the cooking implements, utensils, plates, non-perishable ingredients, etc. that I will need. Does anyone else do that, or is it just me?
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I do, but just with my food...mostly because it helps me remember to take pictures :D:D:D
  • Eddy_65
    I do, but just with my food...mostly because it helps me remember to take pictures :D:D:D

That reminds me. Gotta upload pics one of these days.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Eddy_65 wrote: »
    Body weight stable at 174. That's okay. The main goal is getting control of eating, and I think I can keep this up.

My maintenance plan (for now, anyway) is a 5:2 split, with OMAD during the week and Two-MAD during the weekends, or something similar. It will be fluid, but never again out of control. I'll still count calories, too, as I think it's important to monitor intake. Splurges when I really feel like them, but not too often, as I know from experience how they can take over and become the default.

Good plan, Good luck :)
  • Eddy_65

Good plan, Good luck :)

Thank you!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Yes, building the positive eating habits and ritual is of utmost importance.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I should probably build a ritual. I usually find myself having waiting JUST a bit too long, and my "ritual" is more like feeding time at the zoo.
  • Eddy_65
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I should probably build a ritual. I usually find myself having waiting JUST a bit too long, and my "ritual" is more like feeding time at the zoo.

Hoo boy, I know how that feels ... :/
  • catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    You have it in the bag!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited June 2018
    I have a little OMAD ritual. In the hours before the feed, I locate and then arrange all the cooking implements, utensils, plates, non-perishable ingredients, etc. that I will need. Does anyone else do that, or is it just me?

It's nice to have rituals like that. Shows you are nailing down balance. I'd say you..."got this"!
  • Eddy_65
    You have it in the bag!
    It's nice to have rituals like that. Shows you are nailing down balance. I'd say you..."got this"!

Thank you both. I appreciate it!
  • Eddy_65
    Weigh-in this past Tuesday. 78.35 kg, or 172.7 lbs. That's a little over a pound lost since previous weigh-in two weeks ago. That's fine.

Strength levels (as measured by resistance used during physical therapy sessions) have remained constant, or even improved for some exercises. That's good, too.

I figure I'll keep a closer eye on the latter metric. If strength or endurance starts to level out or decline, I'll look to increase calories slightly or have fewer OMAD days per week.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Some weeks you will lose more than others, you are doing great :)
  • Eddy_65
    Some weeks you will lose more than others, you are doing great :)

Thanks!
  • EstrangedTiger
    Weigh-in this past Tuesday. 78.35 kg, or 172.7 lbs. That's a little over a pound lost since previous weigh-in two weeks ago. That's fine.

Strength levels (as measured by resistance used during physical therapy sessions) have remained constant, or even improved for some exercises. That's good, too.

I figure I'll keep a closer eye on the latter metric. If strength or endurance starts to level out or decline, I'll look to increase calories slightly or have fewer OMAD days per week.

Good deal!

On a personal level, I do eat more food on weight training days - seems to aid with recovery. Heavy weight days are more like 2MAD with a liquid meal.

Also, have been amazed at how fasted training, overall, makes me feel more powerful with greater endurance. Has to be the whole attribute of increased testosterone, HGH and a more steady energy source in fat.
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    @EstrangedTiger I also train fasted and 100% agree with you!
  • EstrangedTiger
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    @EstrangedTiger I also train fasted and 100% agree with you!

Fasted training is against “conventional wisdom”, which was not rooted in science. Seems that fasting protects muscle. The human body is amazing. Bro science out, real science in.

Yes, I’m a little peeved at training and eating incorrectly for decades. :D

• Eddy_65
    Thanks for the responses. Sorry for the late replies, as I've been away. Anyhow, latest weigh-in has me at 169.0 lbs. Target weight reached, more or less. Maybe I can try to tweak body comp now.

When I first started intermittent fasting, I was at 198 lbs., and trust me, it was not all muscle. I'm not missing those lost 30 pounds. Just moving around has gotten so much easier.
  • Eddy_65

Good deal!

On a personal level, I do eat more food on weight training days - seems to aid with recovery. Heavy weight days are more like 2MAD with a liquid meal.

Also, have been amazed at how fasted training, overall, makes me feel more powerful with greater endurance. Has to be the whole attribute of increased testosterone, HGH and a more steady energy source in fat.

Yes, I can feel a difference, too. I seem to have much more energy before and during the session.

• EstrangedTiger
    edited July 2018

Good deal!

Yes, I can feel a difference, too. I seem to have much more energy before and during the session.

Congrats on reaching your target weight!

The energy is just better overall in life!