Did anyone Try This product? Does it work?

2»

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    The body does not need to be "kick started." It does not stop losing weight because it's used to what you've been doing. It does not need a "shock" to get it started unless you are in cardiac arrest.

If you are not losing weight as you expect after you've given it a few months, then you are not in a calorie deficit. Period. You are eating more than you think you are and/or overestimating your exercise calories.

You are close to your goal and also fairly short. This means your deficit is very small, your margin of error for tracking your calories is very low, and your pace of weight loss is going to be slow. It took me about 8 months to lose the last 10 pounds; I am just under 5 feet tall and maintaining at 110-115 lb. You need to be patient and also be very, very accurate and meticulous about your logging.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I must be getting cynical, because when I saw the headline "Did anyone try this product? Does it work?" I answered "Almost certainly not," before opening the thread.

Thinking the same thing. I don't know if it is cynical or just a programmed response from the number of these threads that pop up.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    I appreciate all the time you put in and provided feedback which I am very familiar with. I only wanted to see if anyone uses this product and likes it.

I wanted to take a break of what I have been doing for 3 years now on MFP and being VERY Successfull in doing it. My body is so used to what I programmed it to do and holding on to the last 10 lbs eventhough tried intermittent fast which worked for a while and now it is back to a plateau. It's just a little shock with deficit to kick start things again.

100% unnecessary and can be harmful.

A calorie deficit is all you need.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    I mean if you really want to lose water weight, you don't need to spend a *kitten* load of money on magic tea. You can literally do it by yourself by cutting carbs, drinking a ton of water, and cutting your calories down even further, that's all they are doing, and charging you for it all the while making you think it's their magic drink that is doing it. But if it where me, I would just follow everyone else's advice on here! I always see this with my 8 million friends on facebook that are BB coaches, how they had a crazy weekend of eating a piece of cake and having two glasses of wine, and need to do their three day refresh, that only cost $70 plus the actual food you have to buy.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    :( I am so frustrated these last 10lbs are so slow to lose! I need to workout twice a day LOL. Thank you all :)
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Just say 'Nay' to poop tea.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »

LOL
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »

th?id=OGC.2f225f1fb87ec1c0ddb5ccf79107217e&pid=1.7&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fi1.wp.com%2fwww.literallydarling.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2016%2f04%2ftumblr_inline_n2jmz4txnc1rhu5zk.gif%3fresize%3d500%252C208&ehk=admYl94Ka%2baJH8eymk2YUw
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Now I'm having flashbacks to the Alli thread :joy:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited June 2018
    I appreciate all the time you put in and provided feedback which I am very familiar with. I only wanted to see if anyone uses this product and likes it.

I wanted to take a break of what I have been doing for 3 years now on MFP and being VERY Successfull in doing it. My body is so used to what I programmed it to do and holding on to the last 10 lbs eventhough tried intermittent fast which worked for a while and now it is back to a plateau. It's just a little shock with deficit to kick start things again.

Why, then, are you considering something that DOESN'T work? I would think the answer is to re-double the efforts that have produced proven results.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member

This is just a laxative and it's not going to kickstart anything, just possibly give you diarrhea :disappointed:

Try taking a two week diet break, eat at maintenance, ease off the workouts, just coast. Then get back on the horse and understand you will be expecting to lose @ 0.5lbs per week, which can really easily hide behind water weight fluctuations so you might not see the scale move for 3-4 weeks sometimes. It just is what it is. Hang in there!