What’s your “weird” exercise habit?

Every time I go to the bathroom I run in place for a minute and do 10 squats. I have no idea why I started this, but I’ve been doing it since I was 15.

What’s your “weird” habit?

Replies

• acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Fun question! I'm a huge football fan and whenever my team plays, I do pushups for the number of points they score in a game. Last year they were pretty prolific on offense, and there were some days I had to do over 40 pushups.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    I kind of click my heels a few times when I'm trying to amp myself up. Also when I start hurting (during a workout) I jump around doing a silly little dance, even if it's my arms that hurt I'll kick my legs out a few times jumping back and forth after each set. I have no idea where it came from, and I don't consciously think about doing it, I only really realize I'm doing it when I notice other people are watching me looking ridiculous.
  • NewChapterInMyLife
    NewChapterInMyLife Posts: 757 Member
    All i know is it's physically impossible for me not to dance if i jump on my trampoline. It just naturally happens. Lol.

With weights, i can't do music, i need silence.

I can't stand wearing workout clothes for home workouts- I'm in my bra and underwear.

For walking, i make a note mentally of one interesting sight or experience per walk even if it's something really tiny like a bug flew at my face.

For swimming, i just trance out and have total bliss and oblivion. But when i backstroke or backfloat, i look up at the night sky and feel utter peace.

I do most my exercise at night, can you tell?

• generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    edited June 2018
    I do a tree pose while I brush my teeth. My PT told me to start because I have a separated joint and it helps but it's also nice to keep my brain busy lol.

If I'm going to be doing a tough workout or out in the heat, I'll psych myself up by googling 'female workout motivation' and read all the inspiring quotes or before/after pics for a few minutes and then I'm ready to GO.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    When I go for walks and I'm stopped at a traffic light, I go through 8 reps of walk in place, 8 reps of heel digs, 8 reps of toe digs, 8 reps of side leg lifts, then cycle back and forward through it until the light changes. (Usually does in the middle of the first heel digs or toe digs, but some lights are longer than others).

Before warming up for strength training, I sit on a stability ball and read a chapter of a book I keep handy for that purpose.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    If at home I also like to work out in my undies & sports bra. Why dirty up workout clothes if I don't have to?

I like to put on upbeat music and dance like a buffoon while cleaning my house. (I have no sense of rhythm) It makes it more fun, and adds more activity to my day. I also try to remember to do squats while loading the dishwasher.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Don't really have anything like that...except maybe I always put my right cycling shoe on first
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Glute activation .. when I'm standing, walking, cooking, brushing my teeth, before bed etc.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    ^^
    Haha I do this..well when walking/cooking/etc. ☺️
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    If at home I also like to work out in my undies & sports bra. Why dirty up workout clothes if I don't have to?

I like to put on upbeat music and dance like a buffoon while cleaning my house. (I have no sense of rhythm) It makes it more fun, and adds more activity to my day. I also try to remember to do squats while loading the dishwasher.

Me too! Except I don't need a sports bra yet! Also I go barefoot while lifting most of the time. Actually I pretty much just go barefoot most of time period.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    ^ My doggie makes my kick boxing and yoga sessions a little extra!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    I do squats while waiting at the microwave. At home it's not a problem, but at work, people give me and odd look.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited June 2018
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Glute activation .. when I'm standing, walking, cooking, brushing my teeth, before bed etc.
    Just for my curiosity, is there a benefit to doing that at random throughout the day, or do you just do it for fun?? Lol. Isn’t that for warming up before you do squats? (Or other lifts)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I don’t have any weird habits like these. Interesting post.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Just for my curiosity, is there a benefit to doing that at random throughout the day, or do you just do it for fun?? Lol. Isn’t that for warming up before you do squats? (Or other lifts)

I do it more intensely before my sessions. But it's helpful to learn how to feel the glutes and I like to make sure they are always working, so I do it throughout the day. Daily activation helps me feel them working during all my sessions, especially exercises that used to be more quad dominant for me like squats and lunges.
  • kettiecat
    kettiecat Posts: 159 Member
    I use an interval timer while cleaning the house, every two minutes I do 30 seconds of squats/butt kicks/lunges/calf raises/stretching