Biggest dieting pet peeve

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    When Facebook friends they to sell me on their wraps/teas/shakes/coffee/waist trainers and other magic potion bullsh!t that obviously doesn't work. The before and after photos are always fake AF and the people trying to sell me on the crap are always overweight. Like if that shiz worked you'd be skinny Karen.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    When Facebook friends they to sell me on their wraps/teas/shakes/coffee/waist trainers and other magic potion bullsh!t that obviously doesn't work. The before and after photos are always fake AF and the people trying to sell me on the crap are always overweight. Like if that shiz worked you'd be skinny Karen.

the photos are real but many of them are stolen from people who lost it the old fashioned way.I know of one woman who had hers stolen and she was pregnant in the before and the after was her after she worked out for more than a year and got into shape. so yeah the pics are real and they will steal anyones pics off social media. one \reason I dont post before and afters anywhere
  • ptuck196
    ptuck196 Posts: 208 Member
    People who go on and on about how they no longer eat meat. Enough already. Why do you have to broadcast it at every event ??
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Anyone that tells me what I should or shouldn’t eat.

This.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    kballsocc wrote: »
    Seeing all those KETO, Intermittent Fasting, “What I eat in a day” videos on my YT feed. Go away with your trendy bs!

Just to touch on that I HATE videos like this with these self professed “experts”. I mean unless you have a nut allergy what’s wrong with eating regular “processed” peanut butter in moderation?! Has anyone actually DIED from eating Jif? I hate “natural” peanut butter too. It’s too oily, messy and hard to spread.

https://youtu.be/5vc0gJmrXgU
    https://youtu.be/58qEvpzQPGU
    I used to religiously watch her channel until I realized most of her “advice” was straight up BULL******** she did one of those “what I eat in a day” vids and it was kind of disturbing how little she ate. Her cooking vids were bad too. She would always tell her viewers to buy expensive brown rice bread and crackers, because wheat and white flour is “bad for you”. Where do these people come up with this s?$&??? lmao.

Life isn't worth living without JIF.
    I've visited some family and friends and they seemed buy more weird natural pB (not the good kind). One time there was so much oil in the pb it was soupy and I might have well just put peanut in oil in my oatmeal. Another time the natural pB was so CHALKY it couldn't spread, it tasted so bad! I now show up to relatives houses with my own small jar of creamy processed JIF peanut butter.

lmao!! That’s cute :smiley:
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Sneaky snake brain disconnects. The brain hears everything you say and knows everything you write about yourself. Speaking in general because I have said these things to myself i.e. Lard@$$ looking for friends, won't you join me on the journey from lard@$$ to fit. Trying to get fit by calling yourself names like chunky mama or big fat daddy is a hook in the jaw. Only wanting friends that are in your weight range is another hook.

Has that changed everything for you then?

There are things we say to ourselves that we would never dream of saying to our best friends because they wouldn't speak to us again. You are your own best friend.

Throwing everything up against the wall doesn't make everything stick. Tracking food is easy. Reframing the way you see or think about yourself for the rest of your life - there's no such thing as the finish line with that. Practice, practice, practice long before you arrive at your optimum set point.

Weight loss challenges. Have those changed everything for you then? They are alot like cramming for a test. Cramming gets you by and you may pass with flying colors but how much do you remember from cramming.

If dieting and challenges really worked, you would do one diet, one time and be fixed for the rest of your life.

Self-sabotage is real. Draw a line in the sand and don't berate yourself. Embrace exactly where you are right now. Waiting for life to happen before you get there is throwing giant month hunks of your life away.

Do not dress how you feel about your weight. Go get in the shower and blow the stink off. Stinkin' Thinkin'. Put your face on or shave, spruce yourself up before you head out the door. Hold your head high with your lion tamer's confidence when you walk into the room. Don't grab your rolls or slap yourself saying just look at what you've done to yourself. Don't think of yourself as less than because it's contagious just like fear.

Think Winston Churchill here.

Fear can spread like a wildfire through children or adults. Don't be scared. Be prepared.

Own it. Now. Everything you've done and where you are today but spruce yourself up. Tracking and releasing weight is easy. Eating it all back is so easy. Starting over and over is not easy.

Makes mistakes with the wrong lessons = experience. Embrace all ages and people groups. If you're a grandma why do you need to be with only grandmas. However you've defined yourself there are lessons to be learned from all the weight releasing veterans and champions and moderators here.

Don't limit your thinking. Open. Mind. Insert. Possibilities.

You'll have a much better chance of getting there and staying there.
  • Diatonic12
    edited June 2018
    Yaaaassss. What I have cabbaged onto from others here is priceless. Strong men and strong women. Fighting the the fight, out there on the frontlines, take the blows and jabs, sucker punches and counter punches, swift uppercuts and potshots taken from across the bow. Weight knows no boundaries. It's like those old no smoking sections in an eating joint. You think that ciggie and cigar smoke knew where the dividing line was and stopped right there. Hi-larious.

Looking for only extra special 30 years olds and Ooo, by the way, do you think my 35 year old hiney will get me by while I'm out there on the trail looking for men? What happens when that thang turns 50 or 60 or 70 or 80? Will I still be relevant, will anyone give a rat's @$$ about me? Only if you start using your head besides something to part your ears with. There is more to life than the outer shell and looks and belly selfies. Start hanging out with a different crowd and broaden your horizons.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    People who tell me they're satisfied with one square of chocolate. *kitten* liar. :lol:

@81Katz I can be satisfied with one square of chocolate, never had much of a sweet tooth. Now, 4 chips....NOPE!!! Not even close.

Same here.... Had one caramilk square last night. thats all I need not a big chocolate person or sweets.
    Cheese/Chips is a different story.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    People who tell me they're satisfied with one square of chocolate. *kitten* liar. :lol:

@81Katz I can be satisfied with one square of chocolate, never had much of a sweet tooth. Now, 4 chips....NOPE!!! Not even close.

Same here.... Had one caramilk square last night. thats all I need not a big chocolate person or sweets.

Saw my roommate take one small spoonful of nutella put the jar away to satisfy a chocolate craving whereas I would be seeing how much nutella one could fit on a spoon, which is why it is easier for me not to buy it.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    kballsocc wrote: »

Saw my roommate take one small spoonful of nutella put the jar away to satisfy a chocolate craving whereas I would be seeing how much nutella one could fit on a spoon, which is why it is easier for me not to buy it.

Haha nice! :o:D
  • Diatonic12
    Catchphrases. You got this. We got this. Nobody knows what we've got. No one.

No one knows how we connect the dots. Close the loop. Hit the ground running. Herd cats or wrestle weasels. No one knows what's on our radar or what fell off the radar. No one knows if we're on board or off the board. Don't assume someone has got this when they may really need a hand up.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    The word 'cleanse'. . That's my pet peeve..
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    I absolutely CAN’T STAND when people type “loosing weight” instead of “losing weight.” I’m a spelling-snob.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I absolutely CAN’T STAND when people type “loosing weight” instead of “losing weight.” I’m a spelling-snob.

Me to.
    There driving me crazy.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    The whole low carb trend is annoying. People are always shocked that I eat carbs. Yes, of course I do because carbs are great.
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    People that point out in front of strangers that something is not on my diet plan (when usually I have it figured in). Like, sorry the restaurant staff does not need to know about my diet.