Question for women who have lost weight

If you were big-busted, did you get smaller? Right now I've lost twenty pounds, and I feel like it's mostly in my mid-section, which is great! But I only have about another 25 to go until I reach my goal, and my shirts look ridiculous because my top is so much bigger than my middle...

Anything I can do? Does everything eventually even out?

(Also, should I hold off on buying new bras until I'm done losing weight?)

Replies

• AmandaEdwards1
    AmandaEdwards1 Posts: 46 Member
    A LOT of weight come from my top--- Im losing weight again and starting to feel my boobs go down. When I had my initial weight loss before baby I went from a DD to a B cup. Plus side is that my tummy gets pretty small, too. My weight hangs onto my butt and thighs.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Yes, but it takes longer.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    my boobs were big before i got big. they werent mostly fatty tissue like alot of heavier women, took me getting quite small before they shrunk. .Although alot of weight carried in my upper arms made them saggy and tube sock like long before they shrunk -.- Their still D34 but they dont look it anymore...Down from DD38....Cant decide if im sad about it or not lol
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    I've lost almost 80lbs (got another 30-40 more to go) and mine have gotten smaller with the rest of me, but in proportion to the rest of me they are huge. I am only just now able to put my arms down by my side without bouncing into side bust. I went from a 38-40DD/D to a 32G and I still have a pudge layer around my ribcage and loooots of bust.

If they don't shrink, I am going to have a consult for reduction to something manageable. I want to be able to run and jump without feeling like I have to strap myself in armor lol.
  • Pascal56
    Pascal56 Posts: 53 Member
    Mine got smaller but I'm still a 32E. I think I look more proportional though, except as always for my thighs, where my body really likes to carry weight. 🙄
  • cct204
    cct204 Posts: 181 Member
    I lost 40lbs and went from a 38DD to a 36D. I agree about the genetics comment. And what kind of workouts you're doing to keep your chest toned.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    edited June 2018
    I've gone down in back size (Was 40-42D) but cup size is around the same (38D-E). I guess I am slightly more perky these days too on account of the strength training I do (rather than the weight loss).
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I went from 38DD to 34C - I was big busted for my small/short frame, I still feel I'm busty but I do prefer my smaller size. (30lbs lost)
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Cup size stayed the same but band size went down
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Each woman will have a slightly different experience so it's not a one size fits all type of thing.
    I have breast implants and my breasts still shrunk somewhat with weight loss. It depends on genetics, fat distribution and there's a lot of variables. You won't really know until you get there.
    Look at it like this though- you can always pay to have your breasts look however you wish. So don't sweat it.
  • LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    I started at 40FF, -53lbs later i'm 36E still with 30-40 to go. God knows how small i will end up!
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    FrumMama wrote: »
    If you were big-busted, did you get smaller? Right now I've lost twenty pounds, and I feel like it's mostly in my mid-section, which is great! But I only have about another 25 to go until I reach my goal, and my shirts look ridiculous because my top is so much bigger than my middle...

Anything I can do? Does everything eventually even out?

(Also, should I hold off on buying new bras until I'm done losing weight?)

Yes. Band, as well as cup size, have gone down.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Mine were very large. I lost 96 pounds and I think it was not until the last 20 any came off my boobs. Now I am a 36C/36D (depending on manufacturer). Band size went way down too but that happened before cup size changed much.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    It’ll happen, be patient. 38DD to 32C. But it wasn’t until the last 25#
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I would think it would depend on your genetics and where you carry extra fat. I lost weight pretty evenly overall.

My huge bust which caused my upper back to ache when I was overweight/obese became a comfortable not too large and not too small size after I lost weight.

I lost a lot in the band, a little in the cup size and regular strength training kept/keeps the girls perky.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    so far no change but the band size