My wedding ring is gone

grammagrape
grammagrape Posts: 27 Member
It fell off last night in bed. I noticed as soon as I got up. I found it in the covers. You know, at first thought--while I was still groggy from waking up and putting it back on my finger-- I wondered how the ring had gotten bigger.

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    lol, maybe put it on a chain until you are done and then get it resized. I'd hate for you to lose it permanently while out and about.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    I found these ring resizers on Amazon. They really help a lot. I'm not sure if it will let me share the link, but I will try. If not they are called Ring Magic Ring Safety bands. They are small plastic bands that wrap around the rings to keep them in place.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/f.html?C=2KVQPKQSS2V7N&M=urn:rtn:msg:20180309151147cf15e1ba6fad4801b0a622346610p0na&R=2ZJIQP0NK61VA&T=C&U=https://smile.amazon.com/Ring-Resizer-Magic-Safety-Medium/dp/B011W6BACM/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_dz_U_0pQOAbZAVT2KY_tt&H=6XVR9CLA8B1OCYLISIRFGJFTB98A
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    I finally cracked and bought a temporary set off of amazon for $16 because I was scared I was going to lose mine like that! I figure I'll resize my real ones once I'm at a stable goal weight, and this is just temporary to protect what's important to me.

At least you found it back! Could have been a lot worse!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    This has been a worry with me recently, too! I'm just glad you didn't lose it.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    It fell off last night in bed. I noticed as soon as I got up. I found it in the covers. You know, at first thought--while I was still groggy from waking up and putting it back on my finger-- I wondered how the ring had gotten bigger.

You could also switch fingers if your spouse doesn't mind.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    I've been using these. I'm about due to replace them with bigger ones. Talk about things they don't tell you about weight loss!
    https://smile.amazon.com/GWHOLE-Adjuster-Silver-Polishing-Cloth/dp/B01M0OX3EW/ref=sr_1_4?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1520625502&sr=1-4&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=ring+size+adjuster
  • drbeanie2000
    drbeanie2000 Posts: 81 Member
    My goal is to lose enough to have my wedding ring actually fit again, instead of my having to take it off multiple times a day and massage the deep line that it leaves!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    I have an eternity ring so the sizers don't work very well. I bought a very thin 1mm ring from Etsy in a smaller size and just wear it in front of my eternity band if it's cold or I'm doing something especially likely to take it off.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    You can get a ring guard from a jeweler. They apply it inside if your ring band and it can self adjust through a few sizes. About $10 when I got mine.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    My first attempt at weightloss was 15 years ago (I regained some but not all ;) ) and sadly I lost my wedding ring about 2 weeks before my silver wedding anniversary - slipped off my finger and into a drain. :( The worst part is that I had only fairly recently had it stretched - it was that act that made me determined to lose weight! Fortunately I had not had my engagement ring adjusted and wasn't wearing it at the time. My present to myself when I get to a weight I'm happy at is to ask my hubby for a replacement.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    thank goodness you found it!
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Glad you found your ring. I lost mine in a dumpster when I was taking some cardboard boxes to the recycling center. I'm wearing a cheap ring I bought online until I get to my goal weight. The posters here are providing good advice on your options until you get it resized.
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Before I was ready to resize, I started making it a habit to take my rings off at night, and before any time my hands would be wet (shower, dishes, swimming). Just to keep from losing them.
  • YadaYadaYada64
    YadaYadaYada64 Posts: 50 Member
    Lost mine today. Worn it every day for 28+ years. Pretty crushed. It’s no joke, guys! Don’t trust you’ll feel it coming off your skinny fingers! (Congrats on skinny fingers though..)
  • motivatedmartha
    Lost mine today. Worn it every day for 28+ years. Pretty crushed. It’s no joke, guys! Don’t trust you’ll feel it coming off your skinny fingers! (Congrats on skinny fingers though..)

Know that feeling x
  • motivatedmartha
    RoToQ wrote: »
    It's not rocket science. If your ring has been eating more calories than it burns off, it's going to get bigger. Simple CICO.

We definitely need a 'laughing' button!
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Same here, wedding and engagement ring very loose. I can hear them jingling against each other. Going to buy cheap dress ring as a temp measure for the summer and holidays untill I have them resized. Suncream and slimmer fingers not a safe combination 😎
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Mine's been on my key ring for about two plus years. Evidently I weigh less now than I did when I married. Keep meaning to get it re-sized but about all they can do is put spacers in it. Almost lost it several times before I gave up and put it on my key ring. Wife and I both need to buy a new set (shhh... she's getting a new one for our 30th next year) but these have sentimental value so we keep them close.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!