From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Replies

• hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    And thanks everyone, for the lovely words! :blush:

Sorry quoted in the wrong window :(
    Hi! I just noticed that you did list your workouts above - Thanks again :)
  • spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    Wow what a transformation. You’re such an inspiration thank you for posting, it’s such an encouragement to me. I’ve been using 5kg weights and going to spin and body pump and have just started to notice a very gradual change with some more tone and definition but I’m desperate to really see a big change. Can I ask how long before you moved up in weights? I do 10-12 reps three sets of 6 exercises I’m starting to feel it’s getting a little easier so would like to try moving up. Thanks for any advice would be much appreciated x
  • Jams29
    Jams29 Posts: 108 Member
    So jelly of your amazing legs!!! (Mine are basically jelly right now lol)
  • Paleo_Babe
    Paleo_Babe Posts: 26 Member
    Those legs!!!! AMAZING! Good work!
  • sruv
    sruv Posts: 27 Member
    So beautiful - before and after!! So fit after your hard work at home. What an inspiration you are. Thank you for posting. Love that you enjoyed weight training and did not pursue cardio, by choice - AND, that you did this all at home.
  • katelynstanton0426
    katelynstanton0426 Posts: 1 Member
    How did you do it,if you dont mind me asking? Ive always had a stomach and now im at the point in my life where i found out i have diabetes and i want to lose the stomach so that maybe I can reverse the diabetes. So if you dont mind please let me know.
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Thank you all for the comments, encouragement and questions, I LOVE it and I will answer each one of you as soon as I can!! Life is crazy these days but I am doing AMAZING amidst it all.. Love you guys, thank you for following my journey and thank you for working so hard to reach your goals!!! We got this, together.. -Gen
  • Zodikosis
    Zodikosis Posts: 149 Member
    SweetAzn wrote: »
    You look amazing! May I ask what a typical strength training workout looks like?

That's a hard one to answer because my workouts change daily!!! I tend to do upper and lower in one workout (just prefer it like that for me) with 4-5 exercises for each.

Here are some example exercises I would do, for about 30-45 mins:

Squats 3x10 at typically 30lbs (using either barbell, dumbbells, kettlebell, etc)

Walking lunges 3x10 with 15lb dumbbells each side

Hip thrusts off bench 3x10 at 25lbs

Step ups with milk crate 3x10 at 32lbs

Clean and press 3x10 at 32lbs

Overhead press 3x10 at 30lbs

Bicep curls 3x10 at 15lbs each side

Tricep kick backs 3x10 at 10lbs each side

As you can see, I don't lift too terribly heavy when I lift at home but it's heavy enough for me and as long as I'm seeing strength improvements, I'm happy and will keep doing it. I enjoy it so much!

Wow I'm actually quite surprised. When I saw your results, I thought "she must be lifting heavy to look like this in just a year". It's pretty inspirational for me. I had to quit really heavy lifting almost a year ago due to an injury. I bought a set of adjustable dumbbells for my home so that I could get back into lifting without the expensive gym membership, but I felt discouraged to really make it a regular routine because I thought I couldn't possibly get that far with dumbbells when I used to lift 100+ lbs on a barbell and barely saw results in 6 months. I guess I'll give it another shot. Thanks.
  • msegalrubin
    msegalrubin Posts: 10 Member
    Congratulations! You are an inspiration.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Thank you all for the comments, encouragement and questions, I LOVE it and I will answer each one of you as soon as I can!! Life is crazy these days but I am doing AMAZING amidst it all.. Love you guys, thank you for following my journey and thank you for working so hard to reach your goals!!! We got this, together.. -Gen

Oh my gosh you are the QUEEN!!!! #Amazing and a totaly sweet person!!! I am going to follow your steps and can’t wait to post my results. Do you have Instagram?
  • ashleyrebekah392
    ashleyrebekah392 Posts: 50 Member
    You look so amazing! Congrats on your success! Go strength training! Yessss!
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    I've set a goal for the month of August! I want to lose 8-10lbs!! Who's with me?!

me to
  • mrsctpace
    mrsctpace Posts: 20 Member
    Bump
  • Ms_Lezli
    Ms_Lezli Posts: 11 Member
    So inspiring!!! Congratulations 🎉
  • adamwatt305
    adamwatt305 Posts: 35 Member
    You look awesome. What an amazing transformation 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😃😃😃😃😃😃
  • Clau_Ioana1202
    Clau_Ioana1202 Posts: 40 Member
    You look amazing! Very young and playful photos :smile: The transformation is really wonderful, great job! Inspiring for my home workouts!
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    SweetAzn wrote: »
    You look amazing! May I ask what a typical strength training workout looks like?

That's a hard one to answer because my workouts change daily!!! I tend to do upper and lower in one workout (just prefer it like that for me) with 4-5 exercises for each.

Here are some example exercises I would do, for about 30-45 mins:

Squats 3x10 at typically 30lbs (using either barbell, dumbbells, kettlebell, etc)

Walking lunges 3x10 with 15lb dumbbells each side

Hip thrusts off bench 3x10 at 25lbs

Step ups with milk crate 3x10 at 32lbs

Clean and press 3x10 at 32lbs

Overhead press 3x10 at 30lbs

Bicep curls 3x10 at 15lbs each side

Tricep kick backs 3x10 at 10lbs each side

As you can see, I don't lift too terribly heavy when I lift at home but it's heavy enough for me and as long as I'm seeing strength improvements, I'm happy and will keep doing it. I enjoy it so much!

This was so helpful to see! Your progress in one year is amazing! Ive been wondering recently if I will be able to make progress without lifting super heavy and having a full gym set up, so its super encouraging to see a transformation like yours with a modest equipment set up. Thanks for posting!!
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Bump
  • Painterdee
    Painterdee Posts: 18 Member
    I'm glad to know that even after 4 years (from posting your success story) that you have been able to maintain your goal. I have about 20 lbs to lose and after menopause have been frustrated. But being honest with you and myself, I have not been at the same exercise level as I used to be. I was encouraged to hear that you did your weights at a moderate level and still achieved great success. I will be working on a new plan. Thanks for your post! ♥️
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!