WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,330 Member
    Did Tonya Larsens’s Step and Pump DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jeanette Jenkins 21 Day Total Body Circuit DVD.

We have a Newcomer board meeting.

Wendy – when FIL retired, I remembered him saying “I don’t know how I found the time to work”. At the time I thought “yea, right”. Now I know what he meant!!!! So glad you’re enjoying retirement. Good luck on your half, I know you’ll do fantastic

Heather – so sad about your cancer friend

Lisa – happy anniversary! How wonderful of your son to be so understanding and sending you the money which he didn’t have to but did anyway

Pip – keep exercising and take a deep breath

I think the renters across the street from us moved out yesterday. Don’t know if the owners are going to move back in, hope so. I thought they were very nice people, others didn’t. He’s from Australia and they went to Australia so their son could have an operation that he needed

Carol – lovely guest room. I especially like the rug. And the quilt

Terry in VT – so there you are! Welcome back

Taste of heaven – welcome!

Had the Newcomer board meeting, went in the pool, had dinner, then ceramics.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,501 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.13min, 134mhr, 11.6amph. 1.5mi= 74c
    apple watch- 65c
    HELIX Machine- 20min, 116ahr, 131mhr, 54arpm,lvl8, 2.37mi= 148c
    apple watch- 127c
    Arm ski machine- 15min, 101ahr, 112mhr, 39aw, 2172meters= 87c
    apple watch- 105c
    Floor exercises- 8.03min, 128mhr, 1st of 10ea, 7diff exer.= 39c
    apple watch- 46c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.08min, 134mhr, 17.2amph, 1.4mi= 47c
    apple watch- 40c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 14.41min, 12.4amph, 118ahr, 142mhr, 3mi= 123c
    apple watch- 115c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.40min, 148mhr, 135ahr, 9.03min mi, .5mi= 53c
    apple watch- 50c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 3.59min, 8.54min mi, 151mhr, .4mi= 69c
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.37min, 8.8amph, 150mhr, 2.5mi= 182c
    apple watch- 155c

total cal 775
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    edited June 2018
    Mary Let me know. It would be great to see you. I know the health of your family comes first.

Pip I hope it continues to improve for you. Difficult work situations take a toll. I hope your time outside work is filled with relaxing fun things!

:heart: Margaret
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    I am soooo behind with reading posts. I have lists everywhere to get ready for my trip. I forgot to look at the calendar this morning and missed my hair appointment. Ugh. Fortunateltmy hairdressers will work late tomorrow night to do me. Big tip coming.
    Kelly- not an anniversary but we will leave on my birthday. Our TX family is going with us. We didn’t get the final release from my DGS’s surgeon until Thursday so now I am playing catch up.
    Will try to read some more tomorrow.
    Suebdew in TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
    <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Kay the bathroom is beautiful, great job!!

Carol, I love the bedroom furniture. It makes your guest room look very elegant and yet inviting. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Happy Anniversary. Our 9th is coming up October 5th.

Janetr OKC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Lanette As you've discovered, the firework-shy dogs are Katla's; but you are correct in remembering that I give my dogs CBD oil. I'm in Virginia, so can get only the hemp-based CBD, but it's amazing how well it works for them - my anxious dog Bailey is just calmer about everything. And it really helps with my 2 thunderstorm "scaredy-cats". We used to have a problem with disrupted sleep due to managing panicky dogs during a thunderstorm. Not any more. Thundershirts and CBD oil have them under control.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    morning ladies~
    wet weather and thunder storms today..have to get Alfie to the groomer , and will take Tal to the orthodontist , then think she is going back home ,and have to be here for them to install new microwave..
    got my shark vaccume I need to put together and hunt down my ipad mini, I know its somewhere here in the condo..
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Good morning Lovely ladies!
    Thank you for listening to me whine yesterday. I really appreciate the outlet.

Micromanaging. .....OMG. .....my husband! I asked my sister in law if my start date was last week or a month ago. ....she said yesterday lol! He told me how to do my job of 20 years! I sent him home to work on whatever with his sister when she left, otherwise, I might have been in jail this morning. The Joy's of family business .

I am happier with my accomplishments yesterday. I logged food, cleaned up emails, cleaned kitchen, cooked dinner, did laundry, and totalled work invoices. 15 minutes at a time :)

Thank you all for inspiring and supporting!

<3
    Kylia taking 15 minutes at a time and deep breaths in Ohio
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Katla ~ What will you do if folks set off fireworks in the camp site? Just a thought. Hope not.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    edited June 2018
    Kelly love the children playing! I have a feeling that is why the gardener chose yellow flowers for that display. She was the one who had rocks like I got from my mom. I always thought they were from Missouri but now I think my mom got them from here in Minnesota. This gardener put hen chicks in them and they looked wonderful. When I shared my story about my mom she gave me some baby hen chicks (it is a plant) to take home. What a wonderful way to remember her garden.

The mural was done by those in town to celebrate nature.

Made myself an oatmeal pancake today. I take a serving of rolled oats, some cottage cheese, baking soda, and an egg and grind it in the blender. I cook it as a pancake. It looks just like a pancake but is not made with refined wheat flour. I am trying to avoid refined grains. This is one treat that I have on my menu.I do not think this would work with steel cut oats.

:heart: Margaret
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member
    Lanette As you've discovered, the firework-shy dogs are Katla's; but you are correct in remembering that I give my dogs CBD oil. I'm in Virginia, so can get only the hemp-based CBD, but it's amazing how well it works for them - my anxious dog Bailey is just calmer about everything. And it really helps with my 2 thunderstorm "scaredy-cats". We used to have a problem with disrupted sleep due to managing panicky dogs during a thunderstorm. Not any more. Thundershirts and CBD oil have them under control.

Karen - how much and what strength? I've been checking a FB page on CBD oil for pets and some folks are giving 4 to 6 drops twice a day of 250 mg. The hemp based I purchased out here is 10 mg per full dropper. That's quite a difference.

Lanette
    SW WA State wishing the 4th of July was over. :s