Post your Keto dinner pics!

Replies

• Matdubya
    Matdubya Posts: 12 Member
    If you see a bun or bit of rice, or bit of potato in my meal pics it's cause I vary my carb intake different days of the week. Some days I will eat as low as 10 grams, some days between 10 and 20 grams and other days I treat myself to up to 40 grams and am still staying in full ketosis this way. I've lost 77 lbs so far :smile: Just broke under the 200 lb mark the other day and I haven't seen my weight get under 200lbs for 20 years :smile: Right now I'm on a 3 day water only extended fast to boost my metabolism a bit extra.

This is my Pacific shrimp and Albacore Tuna burgers caught by yours truly out in the open ocean :smile:

vt165ky9q2qb.jpg
    u1p0hwc6jlb1.jpg
    7nmxdcq7pn1f.jpg
    ov94ls7kjv3m.jpg
    ud2n3irnqdkj.jpg
    z2403qlyul5c.jpg
    amz7vcaae4jd.jpg

PAUL! Oh you. This looks great.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Thanks Mat. They are super delicious!
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Looking at all of this food has made me so hungry. Lunch couldn't come soon enough, lol!! :)
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Looking at all of this food has made me so hungry. Lunch couldn't come soon enough, lol!! :)
    Lol ok well here's some more for you then :smile:

This was on my 40 gram carb day per week I do...
    Dry brined and slow smoked beef brisket. Sliced then steamed for broiled toasted french hogie (32 grams carbs) melts with habanero white cheddar, creamy havarti, roasted green peppers, caramelized onions, mayo and creamy horseradish. With a side of the beef dripping aujus and low carb barbeque sauce brisket burn ends that were pre soaked in the aujus then basted then put back on the smoker before serving. So delicious!
    r4j5p6aenh7a.jpg
    ufbag30ih3n3.jpg
    v38r4tv0ymbo.jpg
    63ii0cf44f91.jpg
    qwyfoo5a5w22.jpg
    fmyqwpoummbv.jpg
    8whj9slyafff.jpg
    cqbd40eu1f00.jpg
    8npqj0290rtb.jpg
    ifmzolqsyqoh.jpg
    qkrz0i1q1few.jpg

And here's another day...smoked beef brisket hash with poached farm eggs
    lm26avfe8g3k.jpg

• 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    xsimc1ix5u1f.jpeg
    Chicken Mexican salad - very boring compared to Paul’s amazing efforts... I think I could genuinely eat better out of Paul’s leftovers than what I do
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,679 Member
    xsimc1ix5u1f.jpeg
    Chicken Mexican salad - very boring compared to Paul’s amazing efforts... I think I could genuinely eat better out of Paul’s leftovers than what I do
    Your meal looks perfect!

• PaulChasinDreams
    xsimc1ix5u1f.jpeg

Your meal looks delicious Rochelle!!
  • 23rochelle23
    xsimc1ix5u1f.jpeg

Paul if you think saying that will stop me moving across the world and stealing your leftovers you’re sadly mistaken :D>:)
  • 23rochelle23
    Surf and turf (sirloin and prawns) with greens, cheese and sour cream.. now who says ketoers don’t eat veges :D
  • PaulChasinDreams
    xsimc1ix5u1f.jpeg

Paul if you think saying that will stop me moving across the world and stealing your leftovers you’re sadly mistaken :D>:)

Lol I would share my food with you :smile:
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Surf and turf (sirloin and prawns) with greens, cheese and sour cream.. now who says ketoers don’t eat veges :D

Awesome! Seafood is so full of good nutrients and high in protein. A great way to fill up your caloric needs without carbs. And the steak goes so well with it.
  • 23rochelle23
    And so delicious - esp cooked in the pan with steak! I normally eat twice as many prawns (a whole pack at a time) but saved some for tomorrow cause I’ve been hungry today and maxing out my cals o:)o:)
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Sashimi grade Albacore Tuna Hawaiian Poke.

My spin on Hawaiian Tuna Po-kay (poke). Marinated sashimi grade Albacore tuna (caught by me :smile: ) in sashimi soy sauce, sesame oil, shallots, and green onion. Over little bit of black rice (AKA Forbidden rice) which I tossed in coconut cream and sea salt after coming out of the rice cooker, garnished with kiwi, cilantro, toasted sesame seeds, avocado, edamame beans, and home made pickled radish and grated carrot (forgot to add carrot before picture). For the pickle brine I used rice wine vinegar, stevia and fresh ground ginger root. Then a fresh squeeze of lime and lemon over top. Man this was delicious! All the flavors and textures complement each other very well. And super nutritious! I'll be making this dish often! 😋😋 I split this as an appy with my wife before eating the heavier main meal with higher protein/fat content but even this dish is still only around 38 grams of carbs which we split.

vrxdm4l525an.jpg

And here's one of the Tuna's that supplied this meal and lot's of others for our family :smile: Yes I was much heavier last year :neutral: That was September 2018...
    8s18j05i3q4b.jpeg

I eat a ton of seafood that I catch myself for our family. Helps keep the good protein source available. Here's some of my friends and I's catch from our last trip fishing up to the tip of Vancouver Island. Lot's of Chinook salmon and Ling Cod.
    otq4vf0zriz2.jpg
    jxqwyjhqgbad.jpg
    9l8eoebhb894.jpg

For one of the meals at the cabin on that fishing trip I made a delicious home made Bahamian Ling Cod chowder. With all home ground spices of a Jamaican curry type mix. It is like a cross between a Thai curry and Caribean chowder. The ingredients can be tweeked to raise or lower carb content. This was my fishing partners dish I took a picture of so I made him some roasted garlic banquettes to have with his. Home made Jamaican curry spices hand ground in mortar and pestle: black pepper, coriander, cumin, turmeric, cloves, all spice, onion powder, star anise, garlic powder, thyme, red chili, dried mustard powder, ground ginger, oregano, cayenne, cinnamon.

The chowder broth: Ling Cod bone trimmings after filleting combined with vegetable broth and simmered till reduced to concentrate flavors then strained, coconut cream, coconut milk, heavy 33% cream, curry spice mix, sauteed in clarified butter sweet onion, red, orange and green peppers, mushrooms, egg plant, garlic, ginger root, plantains, yukon gold potatoes, carrots, fresh basil, cubed Ling Cod chunks. Garnished with fresh parsley, basil and chives. Served with home made roasted garlic butter baguette. Even better with a dollop of cold sour cream on top or better yet some double Yorkshire cream to raise the fat macro.
    3xnawllp9psx.jpg

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Glad to see there are some other seafood eaters here. Ours comes fresh off the coast of North Carolina.

We aren't fishermen but my husband has an enjoyable part-time retirement job with a small company that goes to the coast a few times a week and return inland with fresh fish from the commercial fishermen. It seems to be a very heavily regulated industry. The company he is with supplies the local "farm to table" restaurants and sell at our state Farmer's Market and two smaller ones in our area.

Salmon and Cod are definitely not caught locally off our coast but they sure sound good! We get a lot of grouper, tuna, sea bass, flounder, etc and less well known (though common to NC) tripletail, tilefish, triggerfish, dogfish, cobia, monkfish, amberjack, sheepshead, etc. All delicious. Also oysters, clams, shrimp, soft/hard shell crabs when in season (some of which are cultivated).

It's basically the slower season right now. I suppose the waters are too warm? Most of what we eat come from around Okracoke, Albemarle, Pamlico, Wanchese area.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Glad to see there are some other seafood eaters here. Ours comes fresh off the coast of North Carolina.

We aren't fishermen but my husband has an enjoyable part-time retirement job with a small company that goes to the coast a few times a week and return inland with fresh fish from the commercial fishermen. It seems to be a very heavily regulated industry. The company he is with supplies the local "farm to table" restaurants and sell at our state Farmer's Market and two smaller ones in our area.

Salmon and Cod are definitely not caught locally off our coast but they sure sound good! We get a lot of grouper, tuna, sea bass, flounder, etc and less well known (though common to NC) tripletail, tilefish, triggerfish, dogfish, cobia, monkfish, amberjack, sheepshead, etc. All delicious. Also oysters, clams, shrimp, soft/hard shell crabs when in season (some of which are cultivated).

It's basically the slower season right now. I suppose the waters are too warm? Most of what we eat come from around Okracoke, Albemarle, Pamlico, Wanchese area.

Wow that seafood sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing that. These kinds of posts make this forum very enjoyable to read and hang out in learning about other folks' lives around the globe :smile:
  • 23rochelle23
    Yum everyone’s food looks so good :-)
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Smoked wild hand caught (by yours truly) Spring Salmon and Albacore Tuna.
    Spring Salmon after brining for 3 days then air drying for 24 hrs and prior to smoking
    cl9rn24kz8ui.jpg
    l7zclxi5w6ob.jpg
    Albacore Tuna after brining for 3 days then air drying for 24 hrs and prior to smoking
    xcj8rm0jdrrk.jpg
    5oilhup9xmle.jpg
    Spring Salmon and Albacore Tuna after smoking and tossed in sugar free maple glaze
    j8tc1lva9n4u.jpg
    Close up of the smoked Spring Salmon
    tully2hdw6eo.jpg
    Close up of the smoked Albacore Tuna
    7jubdof6kiw0.jpg