Thought on diet sodas

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    joemac1988 wrote: »
    People don't drink soda, diet or full sugar, for it's health benfits lol. I simply choose diet because if I'm gonna drink calories, it better be alcoholic.

I hear that. I seldom drink alcohol (unless we're talking a quarter-shot glass of wine for religious reasons, and even then I'd prefer grape juice). But when I'm out with friends, I will sometimes get a mulled cider at Timothy's, which is worth every one of its scrumptious 230 calories.
  • lhebert1969
    lhebert1969 Posts: 63 Member
    6 years ago I lost 90 lbs & drank Diet Coke with each meal..now I've lost 19 lbs & still drinking my Diet Coke..I have heard tons of bad things about Aspartame, but I also drink plenty of water in between meals. So far so good..Knock on wood! lol
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    I'ma big fan of diet Dr. Pepper and Southern Comfort. Diet Canada Dry and some whiskey is also very nice. Diet tonic and gin is always a crowd pleaser. And who could forget Diet Coke and rum?!?!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Hmmm, I have been drinking diet pop since I was a teenager.
    Wonder why it is that I am still here (67 in 3 months) and still drinking diet pop every day.

You've obviously been preserved. :wink:
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Hmmm, I have been drinking diet pop since I was a teenager.
    Wonder why it is that I am still here (67 in 3 months) and still drinking diet pop every day.

You've obviously been preserved. :wink:
    By the formaldehyde? :wink: :blush:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    kbmnurse1 wrote: »
    Soda is terrible. Simple.

What makes you say that?!?

Sipping on my Diet Dr Pepper with my lunch right now. Tastes pretty delicious, actually.
  • giulianabruce28
    giulianabruce28 Posts: 5 Member
    I love Fanta zero it helps me to keep my cravings for sweet stuff and/or alcoholic drinks at bay . At moment I am just counting the kcal not yet eating healthy all the time , 1 step for time! I have 20 kg to loose i.e. 7 stones
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    kbmnurse1 wrote: »
    Soda is terrible. Simple.

What makes you say that?!?

Sipping on my Diet Dr Pepper with my lunch right now. Tastes pretty delicious, actually.

Same. Love me some DDP with my lunch. I'm also another one who has been drinking diet soda since she was a teen. Still going strong at 32, and I lost all my weight while drinking diet sodas too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Big fan of diet Pepsi and Diet Coke.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    I love Fanta zero it helps me to keep my cravings for sweet stuff and/or alcoholic drinks at bay . At moment I am just counting the kcal not yet eating healthy all the time , 1 step for time! I have 20 kg to loose i.e. 7 stones

They're making Fanta 0 now? I need to find this.