Go ahead and hit the Woo..

Does anyone here use Thrive by LeVel? I am constantly hounded by people on FB to try it. I know a calorie deficit is the only true way but I’m so burned out and want a boost. I know exactly what people are going to say so I’ll just go ahead and woo myself now. Lol. I’m bored. Any advice on pushing through a time that you are just so sick of counting?

Replies

• DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    If you're burnt out, take a diet break, don't crash diet!

I just don’t want it to get out of control and go far backwards. I am not sure I even know how to take a “break.”
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited June 2018
    DanniB423 wrote: »
    Does anyone here use Thrive by LeVel? I am constantly hounded by people on FB to try it. I know a calorie deficit is the only true way but I’m so burned out and want a boost. I know exactly what people are going to say so I’ll just go ahead and woo myself now. Lol. I’m bored. Any advice on pushing through a time that you are just so sick of counting?

You obviously know that it's woo. So what's going on? Why the struggle?
  • DanniB423
    psuLemon wrote: »
    How long you been dieting? How aggressive is your deficit? Do you consume caffeine? How many calories are you eating?

ETA, if you have been dieting for awhile, a diet break or refeeds can help.

I started April 2016. I lost 66 pounds in one year eating 1400 calories. I had a bump and I’ve gained back 20. Back to 1400 and I have now added exercise. I do drink coffee.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    If you want to be sure if something might have a possible benefit, you can always pull the label info(required by law in most countries) and check examine.com for efficacy and amazon for generics.

In your specific case, a diet break is probably best, but for anyone interested in the actual product mentioned... there's a third option.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    I don't know what Thrive is, but I personally like to try different types of diets when I get burned out. I find that when the scale creeps up, it's because I'm eating the same foods but just a wee bit more of them than I should, and sometimes a new approach gives me a reset and I also enjoy reading all of the many blogs/articles/pins etc. on different plans. I don't think this makes me "woo-ey" but self aware; it's not like I actually believe only Weight Watchers or Keto or whatever is the ONLY way to lose weight, but I do like having something shiny and new to plan my menu around.

If Thrive is a supplement, though, that's where I am very "eh"--that's literally just throwing money down the drain. But limiting a food group, using colorful Tupperware, deciding to count "points" instead of calories--whatever leads to a reasonable caloric deficit, go for it!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Here, have a heartfelt Woo from me. And a hug <3
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    I agree with the diet break. I have taken both short and long ones. In fact, I was on one from mar-June because I was first trimester tired, sick, and hungry and just way too busy to want to think about it. Now things are better and I’m back and only gained a few pounds (although I’m eating at maintenance now because I’m pregnant!).

It’s okay to take a break! Sometimes you just have to let your mind relax. If you can keep tracking though, you should...
  • DanniB423
    yirara wrote: »
    Here, have a heartfelt Woo from me. And a hug <3
    thank you! <3
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    I tend to agree with the statement of thrive being snake oil. I know several people who have lost weight while using thrive. Notice I said while not because of. Guess what? They are now sales people for the company. I believe it is kind of like a pyramid scheme. When I asked them what was in the patches, I was told, "vitamins and minerals that make you not hungry and help you thrive." If such minerals at vitamins existed, don't you think drug companies would have a monopoly on them? Could be worth trillions of $ ! I think a better, cheaper idea, would be to eat your fruits and veggies. If you need extra, a good multivitamin would do. All of this is IMHO.