Need quick BREAKFAST ideas. PLEASE HELP

124»

Replies

• Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Egg muffins, I make them in about 30 minutes on Sunday for the whole week.

5 eggs
    chopped veggies - I do onion and mushroom
    2% cheddar cheese
    muffin pan
    muffin cups

Pre-heat the oven to 375.

Scrambled the five eggs into a bowl or mixing cup with a spout. Put five muffin cups in your pan and spray them with cooking spray. Layer first you veggies, then add a bit of cheese. Once down with all five them pour the egg mixture into the cups over the veggies and cheese until each is mostly full.

Bake for 25 minutes.

Remove, let cool, and then store in the fridge, they'll keep for a bit over a week. I take mine to work with a english muffin and nuke it for about a minute.

These are quick & easy and taste great. Sometimes I add cut up pieces of turkey sausage or bacon too.
  • High fiber English Muffin with a tablespoon of PB and a tablespoon of honey....SOOOOO good :)
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    bump :-)
  • proctorgirl07
    proctorgirl07 Posts: 68 Member
    bump
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    A protein bar would be quick and easy to eat while driving.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    I eat a Kind fruit and nut bar every morning. I buy them by the case on Amazon with free super saver shipping. 180 calories.
  • MysterriGal
    MysterriGal Posts: 52 Member
    Bump. I love breakfast but am not very creative.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    I am on an apple and peanut butter kick lately...quick, easy, and tasty! In nursing school I would pack peanut butter banana sandwiches. You can make a few at a time and stash them in the fridge. Very tasty, and good with the 100 calorie whole wheat sandwich thins (my other latest obsession). If you are usually in a hurry, you could also pre-measure cereal into a ziplock baggie. Grab that and a banana on the way out and dip the banana into the cereal, bite, and repeat! Quick, easy, and when you are done you have a trash bag for the banana peel. Bars also work well...I love the Kind almond coconut bars. They don't melt easily and are great on the go!
  • 1 cup Kashi go lean + vanilla light n fit yogurt + 1 sliced banana all mixed together. Very filling!
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    hard boiled eggs are my go to breakfast usually with fruit
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Egg muffins, I make them in about 30 minutes on Sunday for the whole week.

5 eggs
    chopped veggies - I do onion and mushroom
    2% cheddar cheese
    muffin pan
    muffin cups

Pre-heat the oven to 375.

Scrambled the five eggs into a bowl or mixing cup with a spout. Put five muffin cups in your pan and spray them with cooking spray. Layer first you veggies, then add a bit of cheese. Once down with all five them pour the egg mixture into the cups over the veggies and cheese until each is mostly full.

Bake for 25 minutes.

Remove, let cool, and then store in the fridge, they'll keep for a bit over a week. I take mine to work with a english muffin and nuke it for about a minute.

This is my go to easy breakfast! Kids can put in their own ingredients even if it is just ham and cheese. I can load up on veggies. I don't always use the muffin papers, may need to try this, but they can be frozen and heated from the freezer as well, I will sometimes slice them in half (top from bottom) and put on a bagel/muffin for a sandwich too!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Bump, so I can reference this thread later.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Gonna have to read through these but love the pre-made burrito idea!! Then I could grab it out of the freezer and pop it in the microwave when I get to work.
  • veggievixen79
    veggievixen79 Posts: 109 Member
    So many great ideas on here!

I LOVE these muffins: http://www.joyofbaking.com/muffins/OatBranMuffins.html , and according to MFP's recipe tool they're about 119 calories each. You can put blueberries or cranberries in too.
  • c0rinth517
    c0rinth517 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm gonna try the egg muffins !!!
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    bump
  • LynneGG
    LynneGG Posts: 95 Member
    bump