Dkay OMAD progress

Replies

• tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Enjoy your vacation.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Have fun at the beach! Jealous - it's pretty chilly around this neck of the woods now...
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    We are headed to Panama City Beach it is supposed to be in the 90's can't wait :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    dkayingram wrote: »
    We are headed to Panama City Beach it is supposed to be in the 90's can't wait :)

Honk at me on your way down!
  • dkayingram
    @EstrangedTiger will do :) we will be flying by....nothing gets the car going any faster then when it is on the way to the beach!

I did a mid-week weigh in today since I won't be weighing (or caring about weight) for my vaca and I have stayed the same from last week 177 on the dot. It seems I have a loss of a pound or two, and then two weeks of staying the same. Mind you, I am not complaining that there wasn't a gain, since my mind has already been in vaca mode, so I am happy with that but still a small loss would have been nice.

I plan to mostly OMAD while there (not counting the cocktails of course) :smiley: just hoping they don't kill my progress...….

Have a good rest of the week ya'll
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    You'll be fine... You've got this down! Have so much fun and post some pics!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Have a great trip!!!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes OMAD is easy to get back to, have fun at the beach :)
  • dkayingram
    Hey friends,

Back from VACA and what a VACA it was. Just over too soon as always. The ocean and beach is my happy place! It was incredible. I will try to post some pics soon.
    I noticed while on vaca that in some pics I actually looked smaller than I feel like I look. In the mirror I still don't see it, but for some reason when I looked at pics, I was like wow, I have lost some weight. Mind you, I am still a ways away from where I want to be, but for the first time, I didn't actually cringe when pics were taken. Just an observation. Anyone else experience this?

I weighed 177 prior to vaca and was 181 this morning.....so that is a 4lbs upward and while i did great with food/omad it was the tikki bar that did me in...oh well, back on track today and hoping it comes off soon. Those dang salty dogs :)

Will start catching up with everyone soon!!!!

• EstrangedTiger
    Hey friends,

Back from VACA and what a VACA it was. Just over too soon as always. The ocean and beach is my happy place! It was incredible. I will try to post some pics soon.
    I noticed while on vaca that in some pics I actually looked smaller than I feel like I look. In the mirror I still don't see it, but for some reason when I looked at pics, I was like wow, I have lost some weight. Mind you, I am still a ways away from where I want to be, but for the first time, I didn't actually cringe when pics were taken. Just an observation. Anyone else experience this?

I weighed 177 prior to vaca and was 181 this morning.....so that is a 4lbs upward and while i did great with food/omad it was the tikki bar that did me in...oh well, back on track today and hoping it comes off soon. Those dang salty dogs :)

Will start catching up with everyone soon!!!!

Every mirror in my abode seems to give a difference perspective! The house of mirrors!

Yes, experienced this last week in Gettysburg. Was posed in a doorway and the picture framed my body in such a fashion to notice a difference. The shirt usually shows the typical "beer belly" for a man in pictures. No more beer belly! I was also, ummmm... less wide.

Pfft, 4 lbs? Is that statistically significant? After a vacation and drinking? Nah.

Understand with the beach. Florida born and feel out of place in middle Alabama, even having lived here for the majority of my life! One goal for retirement is to be within driving distance of a sparsely populated beach town.

• Brendalea69
    4 pound gain on vacation is nothing, you'll get it back off soon. I used to hate getting my picture taken but I don't mind anymore ;) I'm glad you had a nice vacation, can't wait to see pics :)
  • dkayingram
    Thanks everyone...back on track as of yesterday and I feel great. I will hold off on weighing until Friday or Saturday but even after one OMAD day I can tell the difference. I will get some pics up soon. I need to figure out how :)……

And yep Robert, my goal is to retire within a short drive to a beach town, nothing like that feeling in the world......
  • dkayingram
    Hey ya'll

My weigh in wasn't what I had hoped for on Saturday morning but it was okay and still moving in the right direction.

Prior to vaca I was at 177. After the beach trip I went up to 181 and on Saturday I was back down to 179 so a good loss of 2lbs. Not the 4 that I was hoping for, but I will take it. This week will be OMAD for sure, with surgery on Thursday so hoping after surgery and some recovery I can get even further down. I am typically very nauseous for a while with post-anesthesia so we will see how that goes.

Stay strong!
  • EstrangedTiger
    Hey ya'll

My weigh in wasn't what I had hoped for on Saturday morning but it was okay and still moving in the right direction.

Prior to vaca I was at 177. After the beach trip I went up to 181 and on Saturday I was back down to 179 so a good loss of 2lbs. Not the 4 that I was hoping for, but I will take it. This week will be OMAD for sure, with surgery on Thursday so hoping after surgery and some recovery I can get even further down. I am typically very nauseous for a while with post-anesthesia so we will see how that goes.

Stay strong!

Hope your surgery goes smoothly.

Anesthesia “wrecks” me for around a month, understand.

• catuccifranco08
    catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
    Awsome keep up the great work!❤👍 continue watching the OMAD REVOLUTION videos for encouragement thats what i do to stay in the zone.
    Good luck!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I hope your surgery went well and you are recovering nicely <3
  • Brendalea69
    I hope surgery works this time, I'll be praying <3
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    I hope everything is well and good!
  • dkayingram
    Hey friends,
    Sorry I have been MIA since surgery a couple of weeks ago. It went well, hopefully a success this time, just have to deal with starting PT next week and deal with being in a sling for six weeks. Not too fun at all but I am adjusting.
    OMAD has been pretty good for the most part, I am sure I have lost though due to no appetite but I haven't weighed yet. I had gotten back down to 179 (getting those vaca pounds off) but haven't weighed since surgery. Plan to do that soon.
    Will catch up with everyone now - missed ya'll!

• EstrangedTiger
    welcome back