Reaching goal weight by Dec. 31st, 2018

alteredsteve175
alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
This challenge is simple: get to goal weight by December 31st, 2018. I got the idea when I participated in a similar challenge. I'll be posting weekly with my weight and other information.

Please join in. Just a place to encourage and support each other. It's great to read about your progress and trials and tribulations.

link to the thread where I got this idea.
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10613012/reaching-goal-weight-in-june-2018/p1

Replies

• Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    I’m happy to join in, I will write a bit more when therés a quiet moment.
    Im Enkhtuya,
    Female, French and 46 years old.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Female- age 53 (54 in September)
    Height - 5'2"
    Starting weight February 2016: 269
    Current Weight June 2018 190
    Goal Weight 170
    6/29/18 I have been maintaining with a 3 pound spread for nearly a year now. soooooo frustrating. But I have been heavy lifting for that year and I feel great but mentally, I need that scale to move. This will be a good incentive. Thanks Steve!
  • alteredsteve175
    6/29/18 I have been maintaining with a 3 pound spread for nearly a year now. soooooo frustrating. But I have been heavy lifting for that year and I feel great but mentally, I need that scale to move.

Heard that, Carmen. I'm glad that I was able to retain my initial 40 pound loss. It shows me that I can maintain a stable weight in the future. But it's time to shed those love handles and that little gut. Let's do this!

• jocan11112017
    jocan11112017 Posts: 21 Member
    Female- age 47 (48 in November)
    Height - 5'6"
    Starting weight November 2017: 193
    Current Weight June 2018 177.6
    Goal Weight 150 (first is 160 and see if I can live there)
    6/29/18 I’ve had sciatica issues the last 3 weeks. I have been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds. I started an Isagenix challenge today for the next 30 days
  • lorabelllee
    lorabelllee Posts: 54 Member
    Female-age 59.5 (60 in January)
    Height-5'4"
    Starting weight (I've been a member for years but this year decided to Focus )so after my birthday in Jan I was 183
    Current weight-171
    Goal weight- 145

6/29/18 The July 4th vacation at the lake will be challenging but I lost (1/2#) while in LA seeing my son for 6 days and walking a lot so I hope to be just as successful.I plan to plan meals to help with the temptations.

Thanks for starting this Steve.
  • melissaloibl
    melissaloibl Posts: 1 Member
    Female - age 43
    Height - 5'9"
    Starting weight (June) - 236
    Current weight - 230
    Goal Weight - 175

6/29/2018 - Started a new career as a school counselor this last year. Spending my first summer break doing deferred maintenance. Gained 60 pounds during grad school and I'm tired of hauling it around. Having the summer off has allowed me to spend extra time on fitness and nutrition. One of my favorite discoveries has been Yoga. Hoping to be able to get some healthy new habits in place before I have to get back to work.

This should be fun! Thank you!
  • Themajez
    Themajez Posts: 61 Member
    I'll join in, I don't actually think that I can reach goal weight by 31 December, but I can reach goal weight + 10 kg. It'll take me another 6 months to get to goal weight. Yeah I lose weight slowly, I don't have any reason to lose weight quickly. But it would be good to be 76 kilograms at the end of the year.

Start of the challenge weight, today 86.8 kg
    December 31 weight 76.0 kg
    I need 59 grams a day, 100% achievable
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Hello people everywhere! Here we are at Monday! Fresh week for self love and care. Let's be kind to our bodies this week!
  • willcandi7
    willcandi7 Posts: 1 Member
    best of luck to you, My husband and I did keto for several months last year, we both lost a lot of weight, unfortunately we had a parent get very I'll with cancer.. our whole life changed and eating healthy got lost in the mix. Took us back to unhealthy eating, high sugar. high carbs.....we felt horrible We are back on track now and know this is the right way for us, our bodies tell us that. Best of luck and it sounds like your off to an amazing start! Happy Keto!
  • alteredsteve175
    This week's workout schedule

Monday - lifting AM (squat day) - yoga PM
    Tuesday - circuit training - AM
    Wednesday - lifting AM (bench press day)
    Thursday - circuit training - AM - yoga PM
    Friday - lifting AM (deadlift day)
    Saturday - cardio - 60 minutes minimum hiking/walking - hills if possible
    Sunday - rest day

What do you all do for workouts?
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    I need this! I've been hanging around the same 3-4# since Feb. Changed my MFP setting 5/5/18 to 1/2# per week loss ~ within 10# of UGW, weight loss had stalled + was feeling hungry more often.

Female, age 60, 5'4.5"
    MFP SW 195 (Nov 2015)
    CW 156.0
    GW #1 150
    GW #2 145 (normal BMI)
    GW #3 maintain 140 -145

My "workouts" are walking the dog. Treadmill (non-dog) in winter when snow and ice make falling a reality ~ I live in Green Bay, WI. Occasionally our basement for weight machine & "circuit training" (home version for beginners ~ looked up ideas on the Internet). Aim for 5 - 6 times per week depending on life ~ I like a rest day now and then ;)
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    bikecheryl wrote: »
    This week's exercise schedule:

Just getting out to walk on my "coffee breaks" gets me away from the desk and adds 590 calories to my weekly deficit ...... lol every little bit counts! :)

I do this as well!
  • WanderLaura30
    WanderLaura30 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m Laura— 31.
    Starting weight: 250
    Current weight: 241
    Goal by December 31: 200
    Overall goal: 160-170