Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    making coffee ice cubes (black coffee into ice cube trays - not hot coffee!!) and drinking them with cold milk helps get my dairy and makes me feel like I am drinking something decadent without the extra calories.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    good evening,

was able to do well in both online sales, wanted to get another nice knitting bag and the prices were agreeable.

HOT weekend again so early errands again.

What to make for meals next week? Hmmmm.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF

Window open for last time in days....... Will get extra walking in they are asphalting my area and I need to move my car. I will not try and get too much walking in otherwise with the heat.

Leftover zucchini enchilada for lunch. I have 3 more in freezer so maybe for next week with the holiday??

Did my online notes first so need to get to my morning routine,

Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited June 2018
    Dawn - i have little ice cream maker and use it to make "ice cream" out of fresh fruit and almond milk. Nice cold treat without all the guilt & calories. Have also made it using a flavored meal replacement shake so that it is full of protein and other nutrients. Plan on trying a sorbet next.

Sara - did anyone have to be towed for the asphalt work?

Lana - *sending special UnFunk Squad of Cboys your way*

Excessive heat warnings in effect from 8am today to 2pm on Sunday. And this is when we are planning to stain the deck.... all 681 sq ft of "floor" (already did the 700 sq ft of knee walls, skirting, spindles, handrails, etc. during last heatwave!) Also have 4 flats of flowers to pot/plant and arrange.
    Focusing on landscaping/external house repairs more to get out of house with MIL than they really need to be done. Amazing how much my husband has accomplished by being outside so much these past 2 weeks! LOL
    Was promised the MIL situation would only be one week - Caveat: turns out that means one week at a time, with his sister taking her on weekends. Sister wants her to be watched/babysat like an infant - upset we don't make her use walker constantly etc. (the woman can get in and out of a lifted Jeep with no assistance and goes for walks up and down our lane several times a day, no walker needed!) DH wants her to get stronger and more independent so she can be on her own again. Talk about difference of opinion. (the other brother still refuses to have anything to do with her) I just want my own house back!!

DD moving into apartment over the holiday so I will be moving boxes instead of flipping burgers on a grill! She finally got a settlement from insurance for the burglary of her storage unit. She had so much documentation, photos, and history of her items plus all the reports where she worked with police to get her stuff back, that they said they could not dispute the claim. They were also so impressed with the way she presented all of it that they asked if she would be interested in a job with the insurance company. LOL (She politely said no.)

what the heck is going on with MFP? i posted this and it disappeared twice. so am posting once again. sorry if the others show up and you are bombarded with this in triplicate!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    kathryn quite a few cars got towed to the amazement of the management. I saw 5 this morning that were in danger.....
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Running through.....

*tossing hat and towel onto favorite lounge chair*

BBL

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Happy Friday all.

Humidity has returned to DC. I’m trying to decide if I have a cold again or allergies. Either way, I’m stuffed up and, if I’m to be honest, a little cranky. Lana, please toss a C-boy over here, stat!

Work is crazy but it’s over for the week so am determined not to think about it for 2 days!

Waves,

Tess
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Asphalt is being worked on today/tomorrow where I live, I have to move my car tomorrow before 6. I will move car and take dog on walk, so no skin off my nose. Luckily it is not done often.

Dawn - sharing treats like that as you said means you didnt eat the whole thing. I try and split doughnuts when I actually eat one, but everyone wants theirs to themselves.

Pot luck at work for 4th of July (why it cant be next week???) today, not participating and not eating. Tri tip sandwich for lunch is too good to pass up - and coworker and I split the sandwich roll, so like Dawn my calorie intake is less (the potato chips I get are not invisible sadly).

We always have to have potlucks at work on Thursdays, so anything you might buy over the weekend.... second reason I dont participate I refuse to make a second trip to store.

Off to rescue the oatmeal. Wishing all a great day.

I always hated the potlucks at work. I’m very fussy so never ate much and bring one of s few women always ended up doing setup and cleanup
  • Snowflake1968
    My husband loves ice cream so it’s usually in the house. I mostly buy kinds I won’t eat so I’m not tempted. This week though it was chocolate, my favourite so I’ve had one serving each day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    Good evening,

Just to see I googled how much salt was in the ham I ate on Saturday and I can eat my hamburger and fries and have almost the same amount of salt. Phewy on ham for awhile.

Tess - I am sending a cboy care package your way - with memo for extra foot massages....

Ice cream the new "non ice cream" I dont know what's in it (the zero fat ones) so I dont even consider it.

Will stop by before lights out. Have to go pick up car that is parked off site.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    My husband loves ice cream so it’s usually in the house. I mostly buy kinds I won’t eat so I’m not tempted. This week though it was chocolate, my favourite so I’ve had one serving each day.

Chocolate is the best! The chocolatier the better! We usually end up with the kind I like.....I try to eat it in moderation, tho...TRY
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    Okay who cannot read a calendar, fireworks for the 4th of July in June??? It will be a long week of morons setting off fireworks and shooting guns. I hope with that and the heat I get enough sleep.

If I sound a little cranky, I didnt expect this "kitten" to start until Monday....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. Will get more sleep before walk.

Decided to make chicken fried rice for other meals, so grocery list got longer. Went on Skinnytaste.com and saw the chicken/ broccoli stir fry recipe and thought that sounded good, which morphed into chicken fried rice.

Will take advantage of the HEAT and put laundry out to dry.

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • arniedog74
    Hi everyone! I have a strange question. My Gpa collected National Geographic... he has them all the way back to 1970! I know, people don't really keep magazines, anymore. Mom said, throw them away. I was thinking of donating them. Just don't know where or, if it's even worth it. Any thoughts? Maybe throwing them away is best. I just feel like it's wrong.... they meant so much to Gpa.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    I know people who donated their National Geographics to the local Library.
  • arniedog74
    I know people who donated their National Geographics to the local Library.

That was a thought I had. Maybe, we could ask. They have been in his workshop, so they're dusty. Hmmm... thanks Sara... Will check into that. Just feel it would be a shame to throw them out.
  • Snowflake1968
    Maybe someone on kijiji would be interested too
  • arniedog74
    Maybe someone on kijiji would be interested too

What is "kijiji"? Not heard of that
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    SUNDAY

Good morning.

Supposed to be cooler, we shall see. Set laundry outside yesterday and let the heat dry them off.

Chicken fried rice on tap for today. Havent made any in awhile and it freezes very well. If I get lazy I can eat it cold.

Back for more sleep with any luck.

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Good morning Sara -
    I hope you get more sleep! I will be napping later. I got maybe 4 to 5 hours, woke up and was thinking too much.

Tomorrow I have first meeting with a therapist. I need help with head and to learn better way of dealing with situation with DH.

Serial Starting today.
    Sara, I can hear your voice asking "What will I do today and this week to get on track?"
    Answer is re-write grocery list to erase foods that will derail and add foods that will support success.

Going back now to read all the posts I missed.

* beach bag and floppy hat on lounge chair for later*

Lana

241.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal