WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,315 Member
    KateUK - love your colorful back yard! Isn't it nice to be able to hang wash outside?

Allie - Happy Birthday!

Kim - what a sweet deal getting the smaller embroidery orders! Happy for you!

Barbara AHMOD - enjoy your bike ride with Joe! Many years ago, my DH and I would get on our bikes and ride in the country - just pleasure ride, we weren't Machka and her DH by any means. B) And our route was fairly flat around a little lake and not much traffic.

Janetr - you look fabulous. Enjoy the wedding!

Carol
    - sorry for the long wait at the Ortho's office. I think waiting beyond 15 minutes -- they should not charge for the appointment, lol. Hope the shots give you some relief!

KateUK, Janetr, and Mary - what a testament to the kettle bell workouts! You ladies rock!

Machka
    - crossing fingers that your DH being back in familiar surroundings will speed his healing.

Heather - what a cute place!

Lisa - so glad you took the step to really check the property lines and easements and such. And, glad everything is working out. 11 acres is neat - big wood lot and places to explore - we have a 5 acre parcel we bought several years ago in anticipation of some day building. After we bought it we did a walk thru and found a cast iron bath tub peeking out from under the ferns, lol. You never know! But fun to see the wildlife paths.

Katla - I checked out Karen in VA's CBD source "Bluebird Botanicals" and they have smaller bottles at a good price, plus it's made specifically for pets. Thanks Karen for the dosage suggestions. Last night I put 2 drops of CBD oil (free sample from health food store) on Sophie's supper and she ate it right down - no fireworks noise so wasn't able to determine if it would help her anxiety.

Rebecca
    - you are so kind in continuing to reach out to middle sister - I would have given up long ago. I'm glad I still have a good - tho sparse - relationship with my siblings. Perhaps if we lived in the same town or region, it wouldn't be so amicable, lol.

Taking old Sophie - 10 1/2 - to vet this morning for her dental exam. Since we're now feeding three times a day and changed food, it looks to me like the tartar is a lot worse. After the exam, we'll get her scheduled for the cleaning. Before we got the puppy, I left her food out free choice and she'd eat when she was hungry. Now with the little chowhound around and on a diet, we're breaking up the feedings from twice to three times and adding cabbage and other veggies.

Pup Rosie has lost 1/2 pound in the past month, another 1/2 or so to go. She loves her morning walks.

OK ladies, I need to get out and pump iron.

Those if you on the prairies, Midwest and upper east coast ---- stay cool! Holy smokes I just looked at your weather report. Yikes. :s

Lanette
    Cool and cloudy SW WA State
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Allie Happy Birthday 🎂. Have a super terrific day. YOU my dear are just a baby!!!

Its mt sister's birthday and also my youngest son in law's bd. Must be a good day!!!
    Janetr OKC
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,789 Member
    <3<3 CONGRATULATIONS Machka on you husband going home!

Happy birthday Allie!!

RV Rita in Winslow Arizona
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Tracey - won't link it, but it's eggshome, with the www in front of it and the dot com after. Again, for the moderators, not making any money off it, just chronicling this journey toward home ownership, hopefully the final one.

Didn't wake up until 6:30 a.m. this morning after my insomniac evening, but slept well while I was in bed. Just kind of rustling around shifting my usual tabletop clutter into less obvious places, and making sure I have blankets, etc., for guests if they stay.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    Tracey - won't link it, but it's eggshome, with the www in front of it and the dot com after. Again, for the moderators, not making any money off it, just chronicling this journey toward home ownership, hopefully the final one.

Didn't wake up until 6:30 a.m. this morning after my insomniac evening, but slept well while I was in bed. Just kind of rustling around shifting my usual tabletop clutter into less obvious places, and making sure I have blankets, etc., for guests if they stay.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas

Thank you I will look at it :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    If anyone is interested in buying these DVD's for the price of the postage (which is typically about $3), I have:

Low Impact Aerobics with Nancy Marmorat
    Daily Exercise Routine with Nancy Mormorat
    Transform your Body with Brooke Burke
    Extreme Makeover the Workout
    Christie Taylor Totally Hot Cardio
    Christie Taylor Solid Gold
    10 Minute Solution Pilates
    Firm Basics
    More Than Mat Pilates

Moderators: I am NOT in any business, I just want to help people. I'm not making any money. I just ask for the postage, not the price of the DVD.

Michele
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Lanette. "Janetr - you look fabulous. Enjoy the wedding!"

Thank you. That pic was from going to dinner for Jack's birthday. The wedding is a week from today and I'll wear dress. :)

Janetr OKC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Machka, how wonderful that your hubby is coming home! This will definitely make your life much easier and probably speed up his recovery! Much more relaxing atmosphere than the hospital for sure!
    Rebecca, unfortunate that your sister is being a pill...
    That's as far as I got today! At work again and my boss actually wants me to do work stuff, go figure....
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    Re good t see you. You look good.

NY Karen love the Adam's house. Thank you for sharing!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Re So excited to see your post! Love it that you dropped in. You look fab.

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,315 Member
    edited July 2018
    RE- so thrilled you popped in to see us! Thank you for the update and yes, you look tres chic!! Sounds like your garden is doing great - I am jealous as you are at least 2 months ahead of us.

NYKaren - you get to see the neatest places, I love the old history like that.

RVRita
    - are you going to post a photo of you in Winslow, AZ? Maybe you already did and I missed it, lol.

Sophie's vet visit went well, she's in great shape for her dental on July 12th. Only a couple teeth need to come out and that's because of receding gums - trying to avoid future trouble. She'll still be able to chew hard kibble since her back grinders will remain and canines as well. She gained .4 lbs.... after being on a "diet" for 6 weeks. :s:p Doc said she wasn't overweight and we agreed it must be muscle from all the exercise she's getting, lol.

We also talked about CBD. He said one of the vets in his clinic knows a lot about it and works with clients. Told him what I was doing for Sophie with the couple drops of CBD for fireworks anxiety and he said it sounded fine -- THC can be tricky for the pupsters but I'm not giving her any of that. We did have a brief conversation about utilizing actual medical cannabis blends if she ended up with something that needed to be monitored closely like seizures or cancer - glad I have a vet that's savvy like that.

She ate her 2 drops of CBD on supper just fine so I'm anxious for the fireworks to start so we can test it!

Have a cool evening ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)