New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member

hgycta wrote: »
    50% Yasso Pints on Target’s cartwheel app. For those who have tried them, what’s the absolute best flavor and/or lowest calorie one they sell??

obxmj63cdjqg.jpeg

I really like the pretzel mania one. It’s lightly sweet caramel flavored with nice chunks of chocolate covered pretzel that are salty - sometimes chocolate covered pretzels skimp on salt, these were good.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2018
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    I bought some protein doughnut mix from the Muscle Doughnut company on Amazon and finally got around to making them this morning! I was pleasantly surprised, super fluffy nice texture and the chocolate icing I made went really well with them! pyu5c2vugvce.jpg
    kc01bmte2f0s.jpg

These look amazing and wow the protein to calorie ratio is perfect. Did they taste like muffins? Have you ever had dough bar donut? How did they compare texture wise? I searched for the packs but couldn’t seem to find. What is the brand name ? I searched muscle doughnut company amazon lol
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Does anyone have the recipe for the 123 cake. Angel food and chocolate cake mixes together. Add water and microwave. Can't remember the measurements. Very low in calories.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    I bought some protein doughnut mix from the Muscle Doughnut company on Amazon and finally got around to making them this morning! I was pleasantly surprised, super fluffy nice texture and the chocolate icing I made went really well with them! pyu5c2vugvce.jpg
    kc01bmte2f0s.jpg

These look amazing and wow the protein to calorie ratio is perfect. Did they taste like muffins? Have you ever had dough bar donut? How did they compare texture wise? I searched for the packs but couldn’t seem to find. What is the brand name ? I searched muscle doughnut company amazon lol

No they didn't taste like muffins or cake like at all to us! Very light and fluffy, total doughnut density lol. I've never tried dough bar donuts 🙁, I wanted to but saw these were cheaper. Here's the link!
    Protein Donut Mix https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CKQZBL9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_2J-nBbEN6558K
  • ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    For the 123 cake it is one angel food cake mix and one cake mix in any flavor mixed together. Take 3 tablespoons mix and add 2 tablespoons water in a mug. Mix together and microwave for 1 minute.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    50% Yasso Pints on Target’s cartwheel app. For those who have tried them, what’s the absolute best flavor and/or lowest calorie one they sell??

obxmj63cdjqg.jpeg

The lowest calorie pint is the chocolate/vanilla swirl (I think it's called Best of Both Swirls) at 100 calories per serving. The other pints ranged between 130-150 calories per serving. I liked the Party Animal, Caramel Pretzel Mania, Coconut Caramel, and cookie dough flavors. I never tried the swirl one as I wasn't a fan of the chocolate base in the Chocolate PB & Yay flavor - in my opinion, chocolate doesn't work that well with the natural tartness of frozen yogurt. I felt the same for the coffee and mint flavors, though if you enjoy those types of flavors in regular yogurts, then you might like them in those pints as well.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Does anyone have the recipe for the 123 cake. Angel food and chocolate cake mixes together. Add water and microwave. Can't remember the measurements. Very low in calories.

You should be able to find by searching in the recipe sub forum here.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Have you ever seen this before @hgycta? I thought of you immediately when I saw it in the store today. It's a coconut water that tastes like cotton candy; 100 calories a bottle. I've never tried it myself.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Herrs-Carolina-Reaper-Cheese-Curls.jpg?resize=450%2C600&ssl=1

Good luck to those who try this one!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited July 2018
    I bought the following frozen meals at Giant today

Indulgence-Cordon-Bleu-Orzo.jpg?resize=600%2C450&ssl=1

Lean-Cuisine-Origins-Linguine-with-Ricotta-Spinach-Meatless-Meatballs.jpg?resize=550%2C520&ssl=1

I bought another two, but I can't remember off the top of my head what they're (left the bag in the freezer at work & if someone eats the meals I'll be ticked).

Thanks again for alerting us about the free Swell ice cream coupon! I bought the Salted Caramel Crunch. Has anyone tried the Chocolate Chip Cookie Batter?

Another new bar I'll have to try

Protein-One-Chocolate-Chip-Protein-Bars.jpg?resize=550%2C550&ssl=1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    s9ag2v4ma0x4.png

@Hgycta I don't know if any convenience stores near you sell this brand, but Kwik Trips across MN-WI-IA have these right now!

I do! I love those milkshakes but they’re also 500+ calories so I try not to have them that often, it’s hard to fit that many calories in for something that doesn’t even fill me :/ it’s hard enough resisting Cold Stone Creamery’s cotton candy ice cream!

I’ve been trying to find a cotton candy flavored extract to add to yogurts and smoothies and so far this is the closest tasting one to cotton candy (and not bubble gum) I’ve found!!! I’ve been adding it to Enlightened and halo top haha
    p6fcsp6pcrip.jpeg

How much did you pay for that? Might have to get that & try it out on yogurts.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kc01bmte2f0s.jpg

I'm not usually a big donut person, but those look good!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Funny you guys just were talking about those freal shakes. They are giving away gift cards if you are in the bracket. I picked yes I’ve had freal before and got it https://vonbeau.com/offer/free-gift-card-for-a-freal-milkshake-if-you-qualify.htm
  • Noreenmarie1234
    The donut flavor looks interesting anyone ever try these? 12g2nuru95b4.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2018
    t2fsbgannp40.jpeg

These were pretty good. My favorite were the blondies. They were more brownie like in texture than other keto bars I’ve had. But still more of a larabar/dense texture than brownie

. The blondie had nice chocolate chips in it which I liked. Most keto things seem to be heavy in calories so I liked these were able 200 per square. Probably wouldn’t have again though, they weren’t amazing just good.i3vl40svbllg.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Maple Waffle Quest Bar Review!

Notable points -
    Base- same as blueberry muffin
    Chunks- same as blueberry muffin or smore's chunks
    Bonus chunks- caramel globs though out the bar
    Taste- definitely tastes like maple, though it has an artificial taste. If you like sugar free syrup, you'll probably like this taste. It also has a slight saltiness to it, I think from the caramel.

Overall, not my favorite Quest bar, but it's definitely yummy and a unique flavor. The caramel is also an interesting addition since no other Quest bar has a gooey mix in. For me, definitely good enough to buy another box.

odhdqarog12h.jpg
    5hkvfka1cyal.jpg
    dy0fp3sjtno7.jpg
    rht3rwupx8jm.jpg

Omg thank you for the review!! Wow I like the caramel globs! Didn't expect that since maple waffle, but I love caramel, so I think I will really like these. Hope some more new flavors start rolling out.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited July 2018
    Have you ever seen this before @hgycta? I thought of you immediately when I saw it in the store today. It's a coconut water that tastes like cotton candy; 100 calories a bottle. I've never tried it myself.

Cotton candy coconut water??? I’ve never heard of it! Where do they sell those? I hate the taste of coconut water on its own, but for whatever reason when you blend a cup of it with a scoop of quest protein powder with some ice it gets the BEST texture and brings out all the best flavors in each thing, it surprisingly makes the drink a lot sweeter, and no longer has that disgusting coconut water aftertaste to it! I highly recommend blending protein powder with coconut water for those who haven’t tried it and might not normally like coconut water, because the stuff truly is super nutritious. I wonder how nutritious a cotton candy flavor of it is, though? XD
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    s9ag2v4ma0x4.png

@Hgycta I don't know if any convenience stores near you sell this brand, but Kwik Trips across MN-WI-IA have these right now!

I do! I love those milkshakes but they’re also 500+ calories so I try not to have them that often, it’s hard to fit that many calories in for something that doesn’t even fill me :/ it’s hard enough resisting Cold Stone Creamery’s cotton candy ice cream!

I’ve been trying to find a cotton candy flavored extract to add to yogurts and smoothies and so far this is the closest tasting one to cotton candy (and not bubble gum) I’ve found!!! I’ve been adding it to Enlightened and halo top haha
    p6fcsp6pcrip.jpeg

How much did you pay for that? Might have to get that & try it out on yogurts.

I paid like $6 or $7 (that includes shipping) from eBay, which isn’t bad for how good it is! I’ve already mixed it into the Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurts and I like it :) It won’t sweeten anything since it doesn’t have sugar, but if you add it to something that’s already sweet it adds a nice flavor!
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Maple Waffle Quest Bar Review!

Notable points -
    Base- same as blueberry muffin
    Chunks- same as blueberry muffin or smore's chunks
    Bonus chunks- caramel globs though out the bar
    Taste- definitely tastes like maple, though it has an artificial taste. If you like sugar free syrup, you'll probably like this taste. It also has a slight saltiness to it, I think from the caramel.

Overall, not my favorite Quest bar, but it's definitely yummy and a unique flavor. The caramel is also an interesting addition since no other Quest bar has a gooey mix in. For me, definitely good enough to buy another box.

odhdqarog12h.jpg
    5hkvfka1cyal.jpg
    dy0fp3sjtno7.jpg
    rht3rwupx8jm.jpg

Omg thank you for the review!! Wow I like the caramel globs! Didn't expect that since maple waffle, but I love caramel, so I think I will really like these. Hope some more new flavors start rolling out.

I agree, I’m a sucker for caramel globs so that sold me!!!!