WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
2191610q208gshr57.gif
It helps me to make a clean start at the beginning of each month. It helps to be in touch with other women who are concerned about their health. Thank you to all of you who will join me on this journey.

Be sure to bookmark this thread so you can find it again.

Resolutions for June (with end of the month comments)
*15,000 steps a day--- averaged over17,000 steps a day
*plank daily-ish---did this only a few times
*work in the yard three or more days a week---great success
*work on scanning project daily-ish--great progress

Resolutions for July:
*keep doing what's been working--log food and exercise, walk, dance, ride the exercise bike, work in the yard, spend time with hubby, drink water

My word for 2018 is "tenacity".

81824br5uyrfrsr.gif Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did Biggest Loser Cardio Mix DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Body By Bethany (yoga) DVD.

Went to the farmer’s market early today. Got 4 dozen of these really good ears of corn then came home and cooked them up. Put some in the freezer. Made a baked ziti for Vince for later, then a banana bread.

Kim – Lady Luck is on your side today. First the lady wasn’t upset about the pot then you might be getting more business. How wonderful!

Barbara – Bubba is the name of the manufacturer of the mug. You can check it out here: https://smile.amazon.com/Bubba-Classic-Insulated-Desk-Black/dp/B01DGMBBL0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530377202&sr=8-3&keywords=bubba It’s made more of a heavy plastic than aluminum. One of the nice things about them is that they are insulated.

Lisa – when we moved into this house, we found a dog dish in the woods behind our house. At first I didn’t know what to make of it but I found out that the lady who lived here had a dog that her sons wanted (they were like 7 and 9). She felt that since they wanted the dog, they should be the ones to take it out and feed it. Yea, like a 7 year old is going to take care of a dog. When a 7 year old asks for a pet, we all know who takes care of it.

M – how wonderful that hubby is home! I bet being home will speed his recovery and it’ll sure be easier (somewhat) for you

Allie – happy birthday you spring chicken!

Carol – it’s not so much a coffee stain as a coffee flavor. I like my water and I can taste the coffee in the water. I’m just hoping that the peppermint will overpower the coffee flavor

Tracey in Edmonton – when I’m “lazy” (like sitting in front of the TV), I usually wind up falling asleep! That’s one of the reasons I like to keep busy even when watching TV. I try to do some crochet or whatever

Lisa – following your blog every day

Re – love hearing from you. Pop in more often. So sorry about your personal trainer, but I am sure you’ll find one that’s just as good.

Sue in WA – please tell your daughter to take care

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    thanks Barbie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    Thank you Barbie, you are our voice of reason. You are our anchor, and without this group, I would be a wallowing mess!
    My July Goals
    - To think of tasks in 30 minute increments. Give my all for those 30 minutes!
    - To count my blessings along with my calories.
    - To appreciate my life, and have no pity parties this month!
    - To exercise with husband, (no no not THAT), I mean at the on base gym!
    - To attack my yard!
    Every one have a nice holiday!
    Love Rebecca

:) Your goals are awesome, as is your great sense of humor.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Thanks Barbie! <3:)<3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,123 Member
    Re - Great you see you - to see you looking GREAT! :p

Kim - How wonderful that your goddaughter is coming over! You must be doing something right. <3

Thanks Barbie for keeping us on the right track. :flowerforyou:

I keep waking up early thinking about the house. I am sooooooo impatient to get moving on it. Conveyancing grinds so slowly. I'm there in my head. I haven't had a reply to my email to the agents about a rough floor plan or a second measuring visit. I am definitely in love with that house and almost holding my breath. :o:o

Making blackcurrant jam today with our glut. Normally we just freeze them and they last right through the winter to put in our stewed apples, but, if we are moving, that won't work. I rarely eat jam, but DH loves blackcurrant when he does occasionally have some. We will definitely put a blackcurrant, a gooseberry and a rhubarb in our new garden. Loads of fruit for virtually no work. Our new garden is suprisingly large for a city. There is an old apple tree there.

It's getting a bit muggy here now. Some areas will be having storms, but not here I think. Don't like humid. I feel as if I want to do something for the move. Maybe wash some sofa cushions. Decluttering my study. If this move happens I won't have to get rid of everything as there is a lot of storage, but I don't want to take redundant stuff with me.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Ooh I was woo 'ed! Haahaa! Aww Barbie, humor is what will get me thru, thru anything.👍
    Love, Rebecca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    2017 Exercise to the end of June
    Walking Distance (km): 726.4
    Walking Time (min): 8877.6
    Cycling Distance (km): 1966.4 (total inside and outside)
    Cycling Distance (km): 1612.19 (total outside)
    Cycling Time (min): 6189.7

Stairs Climbed Number: 643.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 514.4
    Other Distance: 0.0
    Other Time: 50.0 (weight lifting)

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 2692.8
    Total Distance (miles): 1673.2
    Total Time (min): 15631.7
    Total Time (hr): 260 hours 30 min

The first 6 months of the year is 4344 hours, so I've exercised for 6% of the time.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited July 2018
    Machka9 wrote: »
    2018 Exercise to the end of June
    Walking Distance (km): 726.4
    Walking Time (min): 8877.6
    Cycling Distance (km): 1966.4 (total inside and outside)
    Cycling Distance (km): 1612.19 (total outside)
    Cycling Time (min): 6189.7

Stairs Climbed Number: 643.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 514.4
    Other Distance: 0.0
    Other Time: 50.0 (weight lifting)

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 2692.8
    Total Distance (miles): 1673.2
    Total Time (min): 15631.7
    Total Time (hr): 260 hours 30 min

The first 6 months of the year is 4344 hours, so I've exercised for 6% of the time.

Exercise Minutes over the past 3 months ...

lmh7q8ja65xp.png
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Thanks for July thread BARBIE

RE you look great, nice to see you pop in

Another hot day today, we are so not used to this weather, not knocking it though.

Off to do KB and cardio workout, then my treat of the week, proper English breakfast cooked by my lovely hubby, then out for our Sunday date (few wines and good company)

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up and took Alfie for a walk... today is a stay inside day as it will be close to 100... and I will try and study some and do laundry. I am sitting and having my cup of tea...
    I must admit I did buy some ice cream, but bought lots of fresh fruit...
    I can't tell you how much fun I have had since moving out on my own.. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends..
    only thing that miffed me a little bit was that I didnt get a call from my daughter, she only acknowledged my birthday when I sent her a picture of all the cards I got, last night she did post a GIF with a dog with his head out the sunroof wishing me a happy birthday, and my son was on facebook wishing me Happy Birthday.
    im only working 3 days this week...one of those days is Saterday.. was going to take it off, but want to keep what I have left which is a whopping 11 hrs..of vacation time for August 25th....
    I do have the a.c. on and can here the dollar signs flying lol
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Good morning Ladies -

Thank you Barbie for continuing to start us off each month with a clean slate. We appreciate you!

June goals - Did I meet them, no, and they were simple. My goal was to work on maintaining my weight without logging and weighing everything I ate. I failed miserably. I did log everything and I didn't maintain my weight. I just looked and I was down 1.2 lbs from June 1 - 29. I seem to be maintaining in a range below where I wanted to be.

July goals - Maintain my weight while closing all 3 rings on my watch each day AND doubling my move goal on my watch 11 days during the month. The last one is the goal my Apple watch threw at me, I HAVE to do it, if I don't, I don't get the extra badge for the month and those darn things motivate the crap out of me.

Happy July Ladies -

Okie in the TX Hill Country