What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Oh my goodness of course!! Thanks, @quiksylver296 !
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    When you drop sizes it's hard to believe it's real. Those size 4's I tried on last week? Nope, not a fluke in manufacturing. I've tried on 3 more pairs at 3 different stores. Turns out I'm really a size 4! I've done this with dresses and other things too. It takes 3-4 different stores and brands before I believe it to be true.

And now for an off the track, but kind of still on subject thing...

What I call the "forearm hack" is proving to be true as I lose weight too.
    An Explanation: To see if a pair of pants are going to be worth trying on, instead of putting it in front of yourself and wrapping around your hips ; You make a fist with the dominant hand, and place your forearm and elbow into the waistline. If it fits your arm, it should fit your waist. I had a coworker show me this one time. I thought it was bull crap at first, but lo and behold it has held true since I first tried it for myself years ago. Even as I have dropped sizes. Even as I have been the same weight but a bigger size. Apparently, your forearm and elbow carry the same body fat percentage as your hips?? Has anyone else tried this I wonder?? I have always wondered if it's one of those weird universal wierd body things, or if it works for some but not all.

The forearm hack does not work for me. But if I open my fist and stick out my fingers it is a match though.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    ryenday wrote: »
    When you drop sizes it's hard to believe it's real. Those size 4's I tried on last week? Nope, not a fluke in manufacturing. I've tried on 3 more pairs at 3 different stores. Turns out I'm really a size 4! I've done this with dresses and other things too. It takes 3-4 different stores and brands before I believe it to be true.

And now for an off the track, but kind of still on subject thing...

What I call the "forearm hack" is proving to be true as I lose weight too.
    An Explanation: To see if a pair of pants are going to be worth trying on, instead of putting it in front of yourself and wrapping around your hips ; You make a fist with the dominant hand, and place your forearm and elbow into the waistline. If it fits your arm, it should fit your waist. I had a coworker show me this one time. I thought it was bull crap at first, but lo and behold it has held true since I first tried it for myself years ago. Even as I have dropped sizes. Even as I have been the same weight but a bigger size. Apparently, your forearm and elbow carry the same body fat percentage as your hips?? Has anyone else tried this I wonder?? I have always wondered if it's one of those weird universal wierd body things, or if it works for some but not all.

Not Universal, unfortunately. Way off for my pants. That is far too big for my waist and too tight ( even for stretch material) for my hips.

Try on JLo brand. I'm Latina and have the same issue - itty bitty waist, big butt. They are cut for more room on the butt and a narrower waist (I can usually find them at Kohl's so they are not expensive). Also, I reaort to a size up in "midrise" that tend to sit on my hips.

Is the fist going in the waist line or just forear to elbow? Also I feel like there would be a different between high rise, mid rise and low rise too.
  • OHammykins
    OHammykins Posts: 98 Member
    hipari wrote: »
    I have these stretchy shorts I wear under skirts and dresses to prevent chub rub, creeps and wardrobe malfunctions. Of those three, chub rub is thankfully the most pressing issue. Lately, the shorts have been riding up because my thighs are smaller, and the shorts themselves are now starting to contribute to chub rub. Might be time for some smaller shorts.

Where did you get these shorts?? I'd love to wear more dresses but the chub rub is real!!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    OHammykins wrote: »
    hipari wrote: »
    I have these stretchy shorts I wear under skirts and dresses to prevent chub rub, creeps and wardrobe malfunctions. Of those three, chub rub is thankfully the most pressing issue. Lately, the shorts have been riding up because my thighs are smaller, and the shorts themselves are now starting to contribute to chub rub. Might be time for some smaller shorts.

Where did you get these shorts?? I'd love to wear more dresses but the chub rub is real!!

Bicycle shorts from Walmart have been helpful for me in this situation when my thighs were bigger. They tend to stay in place and not rise up. And yeah, the chub rub sucks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!