Serial Starters

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Maybe someone on kijiji would be interested too

What is "kijiji"? Not heard of that

Kijiji is a website that you can sell items on. You post what you are selling and people can respond, like a virtual yard sale. I thought they were North American, but maybe they are only Canadian.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Snowflake - I love the name Kijiji~~

This morning I wrote to my friend James to ask him if he wanted to come down sometime in July for a visit.

Holy Toledo - he wrote back that he is coming tomorrow!!!! Oy!!!
    He's a vegetarian who is always watching his weight, so this should be a good week! yay!
    Thank heavens I keep the guest room clean and clutter-free. Whew~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Oh, bummer.....

Turns out James didn't proofread the texts or emails he sent me. Spell checker made a mess of his cryptic message.

He is going to Buffalo for a week.
    I'm really disappointed, but didn't say so. He does have family business to clear up there; his mother passed away a year ago, and of course, the brothers are not getting along as to how to deal with everything.

Why do some people send such short, vague missives that are so easy to misunderstand? I try to write whole sentences when I write to people.

I guess I'm just lonely and that's why I'm so disappointed.

*ringing bell for Cabana Boy to come and console me*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Lana- you still invited him and July just started. The one thing that I hate is that I didnt expect to be alone or feeling lonely at this point in my life. I do so much for other people, I guess I need to get selfish.

Have a to do list I cant ignore but I would really like to.......

Okay left my message unfinished, watched first half of Denmark/Croatia came home and did the hand washing for dishes ( I need the frying pan for dinner).

I see another nap today.....

• Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon,

I just cleaned out all of my "friends" request - I have no idea what to do with them and this is the 2nd time since this board started that I just got tired of looking at that icon and mass deleted. Do not take it personally.

• EspressoLvr
    EspressoLvr Posts: 100 Member
    The name of this group...I've found my people! haha! Howdy from California!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Well nuts to the scale tomorrow morning, I just munched myself into a caloric "kitten".

Wishing all a good night.
  • Snowflake1968
    Good afternoon,

I just cleaned out all of my "friends" request - I have no idea what to do with them and this is the 2nd time since this board started that I just got tired of looking at that icon and mass deleted. Do not take it personally.

I accepted a friend that I feel I may regret today.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    MONDAY

Good morning.

Scale not my friend this morning, but then I see a pattern 2 weeks of loss and then I gain it all back. So I need to be more disciplined in week #3 and not celebrate with food as much. I know heat this week also played a role.

Weather is cooler and while that will not last long, it is appreciated.

Strap the shoes on try and keep walking and move forwards.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Monday.

Edit- I also left the water off my routine last week - booo - so "back in the saddle again"......
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    I've been lurking and reading every day. Currently nothing positive in my life, so I shall just share in all your joys. You all do make my days a bit brighter. Please keep sharing.
  • Snowflake1968
    Twiley510 wrote: »
    I've been lurking and reading every day. Currently nothing positive in my life, so I shall just share in all your joys. You all do make my days a bit brighter. Please keep sharing.

Hope things turn around for you soon :)
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member

Hope things turn around for you soon :)[/quote]

Thank you. It will be a long process, but recovery will happen.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2018
    Not a good day here.

Just checking in

Be back tomorrow. Tomorrow has got to be better than today

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    aeka2akdxbz9.png

Here is one for Lana

1zzasv6vrb3k.png

yes, long day
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Waves, smiles and (if appropriate) hugs for all who are having a tough time right now. One day, one hour at a time. It will get better. Been there, am there more often than I’d like.

With you,

Tess
    In DC, where it’s hotter than “kitten” right now
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Hey Tess!

Decided to soak my feet in epsom salts, cant hurt - lavender scented for my coworker's benefits and what a shame no foot massage afterwards.

Fires not in my area but the smoke is making extra walking difficult , so I got some done inside and will say "monkey nuts" to the rest of it. Remember my feet will be soaking in water -cant walk after that.... except dog.

Curl up and watch your favorite movie or read a good book.....

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Maybe someone on kijiji would be interested too

What is "kijiji"? Not heard of that

Kijiji is a website that you can sell items on. You post what you are selling and people can respond, like a virtual yard sale. I thought they were North American, but maybe they are only Canadian.

Oh... there are lots of selling sites...we may have it and I just haven't heard of it... interesting..I will check it out... thank you
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    All I have to say "monkey nuts" think that will be my new way to not curse....aaaaahhhh monkey nuts... :)
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    It’s 93 degrees right now...and it’s 10:00 at night.

I am grateful for air conditioning.

G’night all,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning.

Fire in area is making air smoky. Did not hear fireworks last night, cop patrol probably. City has 2 day firework show tonight /tomorrow. I hope tomorrow to get enough naptime in to make up for noises.......

Doing a little better on scale and feet. Speaking of sleep hoping for more between now and dog walk. Dog needed out she drinks more in hot weather and allergy season. Cannot blame her.

Wave to all who follow.