Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    @erikNJ so true !
  • spygirl2014
    spygirl2014 Posts: 53 Member
    I'm looking forward to cutting back this month. Weekends and Holidays only is it he goal. It's become too easy for the nightly glass of wine or beer to turn into 2 or 3. It's sabotaging my weight loss, and I'm looking to live an overall healthier lifestyle.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @NormInv 8 days is really good! @MissMay Glad to see you back. I've been thinking about you! @lilann1961 I loved that book. I also liked "Drinking: A love Story". I am currently reading, "Rational Recovery" which is really speaking to me right now. To the new people, this is a fantastic resource and a great, supportive group of folks. Welcome!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Welcome @lilann1961 @jaime920 @spygirl2014 Nice to hear your comments and goals. Join us for a July of sobriety or moderation. Xo
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    A simple thank you to the friends on this thread. Last night, I was anxious, bored and tempted to drink. The only thing that stopped me was thinking of the people on the thread who have abstained -
    It gave me inspiration to work through the cravings - I said "if they can do it, so can I". ❤

Excellent Job!!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Regarding sweet cravings, count me in. I get sweet cravings which is thanks to dopamine.... is the same process when alcohol consumption increases dopamine. Alcohol is sugar. All produce dopamine effect.
    I know this isn't correct thinking, but I do let myself have some sugar treats instead of caving to alcohol. But both things are harmful. For now, my health priority is to focus on cutting alcohol.

Me, too.
  • Gingergal12
    Gingergal12 Posts: 64 Member
    This is a wonderful thread, thank you for keeping it going Julie!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Snoo61 Death is difficult to cope with. I'm sorry you are hurting. Please be gentle with yourself through your grief. Thinking of you <3
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    NormInv wrote: »
    Today was Day 8

I know I am not being very supportive but I do appreciate seeing all of you making progress

I like seeing you make progress also. 8 days in is definitely progress!! And like you said, "we're still here...we still come to this place." Keep up the fight! :)
  • unequalstars13
    unequalstars13 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm in!!
  • cassiebajjey
    cassiebajjey Posts: 8 Member
    I'm in! I am very new to MFP and have already seen a positive impact with tracking my diet and exercise. Not just relating to my health, but waking up and exercising makes me feel more positive and outgoing once I get to the office. However the problem with waking up early.. I like to have a drink or two after work.

I'd like to save my moderate drinking for Saturday only. Let's start!