Rants and Raves

2»

Replies

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    edited July 2018
    Amazon is a joke lately. I had to call and have them put a note on my account saying to leave packages in the vestibule if we’re not home because they were refusing to deliver. Thought that would solve the problem. Then while I was at work yesterday I received a notification that my package was delivered, and I was like “finally, they figured it out.” I get home, nope, it’s on the front lawn.”
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Rave: fireworks :smiley:

Rant: neighbor’s fireworks an hour later :grumble:
  • OHammykins
    OHammykins Posts: 98 Member
    I’m going through a major depressive episode, I hate my life, my skin won’t clear up and I’m losing focus on my weightloss goals. It’s crazy too, because yesterday I felt fine! I worked out, my back and leg were feeling better, my energy was up, and then this morning I woke up feeling super anxious, irritable and depressed. Taking care of a disabled parent alone is so HARD and isolating. I had therapy today and I just couldn’t go. I’m so sick of hearing the same bull******* psycho babble. Like you’re not helping me by telling me sh**** I already know. I didn’t eat anything all day, because I can already feel a binge coming on, so I’ve been staying out of the kitchen. I’m so overwhelmed!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. I struggle with anxiety too and it infuriates me when I go from feeling great one day to struggling to get out of bed the next... Only thing I've learned over the years is a good therapist is vital to success. I had to try a few before I found one that I clicked with. He knows what I'm like and what to say to me (especially what not to say and what I'll roll my eyes at). So don't be afraid to shop around if you feel you're not getting the benefit you need.

I also binge when anxiety hits and it's soooo difficult to resist. When I know I'm going to binge, I try to eat as "normal" as possible during the day with maybe a few extra indulgences and that sometimes minimise the effects of the binge.

I hope this helps, you're definitely in the right place for support <3
  • OHammykins
    OHammykins Posts: 98 Member
    Rave: Our country is going through a heatwave at the moment and the weather is glorious!! B)

Rant: Some people are refusing to conserve water despite a hosepipe ban :(
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Rant: some idiot brought their Irish Setter to our community pool yesterday and let him swim in it. Now the entire pool area smells like wet dog.

Rave: my bathing suit, which I used to have to squeeze into, is now hanging on me...
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Rant: liars.
    Rave: people who tell the truth
  • BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    Seriously what is up with people today? I decided to clean the common hallway before the 4th because I'm just like that and it was filthy. I swept the nice wooden stairs and mopped with murphy's and vacuumed the carpet in the foyer. Both neighbors saw me cleaning and said nothing, just treated me like the hired help. Both of them are about my age so should know better and have some courtesy.
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    Rant: kids these days
    Rave: probably kids these days
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    LouisTamsi wrote: »
    Seriously what is up with people today? I decided to clean the common hallway before the 4th because I'm just like that and it was filthy. I swept the nice wooden stairs and mopped with murphy's and vacuumed the carpet in the foyer. Both neighbors saw me cleaning and said nothing, just treated me like the hired help. Both of them are about my age so should know better and have some courtesy.

This goes right along with my version of people not giving the “wave of the thank you” hand when you allow them to get over in your lane when driving.