Serial Starters

Replies

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    edited July 2018

I'll be with Tracy (Twiley) at the quiet end of the pool today.

<3 Floats coaster to Lana with yummy beverage decorated with little umbrella. <3

Welcome to the quiet side of the pool. We will survive.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,321 Member
    edited July 2018
    Lana sometimes I take a really long walk to get rid of my anger/anguish..... also helps me sleep that night!!

oh yes, at work........
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Lana, you are human. Be kind to yourself. Forgive yourself.

Thinking of you,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

The temptation of using my Discover card bonus bucks got me into Amazon. Amazon could not sign me up for the bonus buck reward system, but I found 2 cookbooks that I ordered anyway - because they are cookbooks for 2 people. I will let you know how they are when they arrive.......

Idiots are making big booming noises and dog is my shadow. Just shake my head.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, Happy 4th of July! Not everyone has the day off, so I hope you enjoy it how you can.

Window open but fire smoke makes air bad and will for quite awhile.

Haircut a couple of errands including getting a little dessert for today and then home to clean?? Not too much I hope.

Looking for a little more sleep. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,823 Member

Happy 4th of July~~

Hey thanks ladies for the words of support. I think my clumsy move might actually have brought on some positive results. Too soon to say; I am supposed to have a phone visit with sister in law today. She is wise and interested in helping.

Sara - I bet Miss Tillie is the best shadow ever, and I'm sorry that the noise makes her uneasy.

Waving to Tess and Tracy and Dawn and Kathryn and Izenzo and Eryn and Saltine and anyone who stops by later on......

I might try for a little bit more sleep in a bit....

*tossing towel and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

235.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good afternoon - almost

All errands done. Got a slice of triple chocolate cake - will make into 3 portions - pre ww I would have eaten it all at once.....

Sewing up 25 orange hearts as I watch documentaries on acorn tv.

But first a dog walk.

Cboys in patriotic attire tonight with red/white and blue drinks - blue umbrellas instead?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Missy, like the new picture of dogs...... Hope you also have a great 4th.

All hearts are done and I could clean house, but somehow a nap seem so much more productive.......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    5rd9rtonpbum.png

yly19u990tgg.png

• Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Idiots up last night until 1am with very loud and very close fireworks/guns. Do these people work?? Almost half of my department has today off ......

So living on fumes (after any sleep before dog walk) I will do my best today.

Lurking from work later to stay awake.

Wishing all a great day
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    In the office today with a few other hardy souls. Very quiet (and overcast) in DC after the celebrations of last night. It’s also still very humid so everything is moving slowly. We’re supposed to get some rain - and relief! - tomorrow with promises of a nice weekend.

Waves to Sara and anyone else who is around. Lana, did the C-boys behave themselves last night or did they celebrate the 4th too energetically?

BBL,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    5rd9rtonpbum.png

yly19u990tgg.png

Good morning Sara and Tess and all other Beach Club members.

Sara - I am poorly educated with history. What was going on back in Harry Truman's time that he wrote those words against Fear? I guess something not so good was going on back then, but what?

I will be back later - need to slowly run some errands.

Lana

234.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

• LanaCabana537
    edited July 2018
    PS, if I remember (why I'm writing this here), later on I can look up President Truman and read about him. It will be interesting to look at something different for me for a change.

Tess - The Cabana Boys never tell us what they do on their own time. It might curl our hair~~

Lana
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Hope everyone had a great holiday!

Spent my 4th installing a/c in the shop. I am very sore and very tired today! And I see on the weather that the heat wave is going to end. You're welcome! (had we NOT installed a/c it would have gone on forever! LOL)

DD is in her cute little apartment. Am so glad she finally got moved and things are looking up for her after all the issues last year.

Had decent WI this morning. Very surprised since I took a little liberty with the holiday eats. I do feel swollen though from all the extra sodium. :(

Am back to work today and it seems to be wall to wall meetings. Will try to pop in later.

*snapping fingers for Cboys to take notes during meeting for me*

CW - 156
    HW - 216
    GW - 145
  • LanaCabana537

Kathryn - what is "the shop"? A workshop in/at your home or garage? is it for the Jeeps?

Glad your DD is in her apartment and the place is nice and everything for you to call it "cute"! Good for her!

I ran errands, using buses and walking. Got in 2 miles. Time for a little water exercise now.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - Truman is an interesting read. David McCullough wrote an awesome book - long but a good read. Check out from Library and save some $$?? I had hard time finding a good 4th of July phrase to send - the second one I found after and my first thought was " cheese in a can"!!

Kathryn, dont let the cboys off so easily, they should have total visual and verbal memory recall.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited July 2018
    Lana - "The shop" is my husbands Jeep business. Its a 2 story pole barn turned mechanic workshop.
    DD's apartment was built in the 20s. The owner bought the building to restore it as a "hobby" - original floors, cabinets, doors, woodwork, tile, even the little door in the wall where the milkman would deliver the milk! The manager keeps the entire place spotless. Wish I had an apartment like that when I was starting out!

Sara - wow! what talent - those Cboys sure do come in handy!!

I really need to get more walking in. These days of all meetings are killing me. Thank goodness I have a standing desk!
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hope everyone had a great 4th!

I've been gone for the past week or so in San Francisco for a work convention, and then stayed a few days to explore. Did tons and tons of walking but not the best eating! Home now and trying to get everything back in order - including my eating habits! Will be back to checking in daily. :) Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.
  • aleksis_lee
    aleksis_lee Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great 4th! I’m starting this back up again for the millionth time but I’d really like to lose some lbs and gain some muscle! I’m at the heaviest I have ever been. I’m 5’8 and currently 150lbs. My goal is to lose a lb a week, starting Monday until around the end of October for a total of 15 lbs. If you have similar goals (or even completely different ones) feel free to add me! The more friends to keep accountability, the better!

-Aleksis