Help with snacking!!

Replies

• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Day 26 if anyone cares good luck still looking for some good snacks healthy ones
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Day 26 if anyone cares good luck still looking for some good snacks healthy ones

Good job!

I like half an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter. Or fresh berries with Greek yogurt. Or sliced veggies with hummus or cream cheese.
  • arl999
    arl999 Posts: 5 Member
    For evening snacking it can help to brush you teeth after dinner (and make it as satisfying a meal as possible, of course). This can signal that eating for the day is over and help with the cravings which are not likely to be due to hunger. I have started to do this and it helps.
  • ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    I am an evening snacker, just had a yoghurt as I am not the type of person that can eat one piece of chocolate or one biscuit, if its there and open I get tempted to eat it all so make there is norhing like that in the house.
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    I always have "a touch of the fang" sometime after dinner and before bedtime so I save up enough calories to indulge. The sugar free jello cups have only 5 calories, a 100 calorie bag popcorn is also available, and the fiber brownies are only 90. I also make sugar free pudding using almond milk which has only 30 calories a cup. I'm not really trying to give up snacking but making wise choices are imperative. Sadly, I cannot stop at one bite of chocolate, ice cream, etc. as I lose control. Self discipline for me means choosing low calorie options.
  • Ralphone
    Ok 28 and counting no late snacks we are doing good
  • Ralphone
    OK Iam up to 30 now so doing good with it
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Have you conquered the late night snacking, Ralphone?
  • Ralphone
    I am working on it trying for 31 night's now. Losing slow now almost to goal weight.But feels so far away
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    30 days is a whole month, congratulations! They say it takes 3 weeks to develop a new habit, you should be well on your way. Hang in there, goal is not too far now.
  • Ralphone
    Thanks 31 and still good.
  • Ralphone
    32 nights
  • Calildur
    Calildur Posts: 27 Member
    As far as snack goes I usually try to make log my meal for the whole day at the morning and thus I try to min/max in a way that I can have a few calories just for snacks. Also if you like vegies thats a good snack option. I always have a carrot or something to chew on if I really need.
  • Ralphone
    I do like carrots . I eat them often .day 33 still good
  • makingmistakes
    makingmistakes Posts: 3 Member
    Yay! Good job. I have a problem going for ice cream for my late night snacks... one serving always turns into four. I try to avoid it altogether or get low calorie ice cream.
  • Ralphone
    34 days no late snacks having a good run. Hope you are too. B)
  • Ralphone
    Made it to 35 if anyone cares lol
  • Ralphone
    36 still good
  • Ralphone
    Another night down keeping on track. Good luck all
  • Ralphone
    38 Night's Down I Think I Got this