Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Yummy AF mocktail 1/3 c cranberry/black cherry juice, 1/2 fresh lemon, can of Pure Life sparkling raspberry lime carbonated water, 1 tsp pure maple syrup....Delish!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    @WinoGelato thank you for posting re moderation. Not all on this thread are looking to be AF, and though arguments could be made that we're all following a one day at a time approach, I look at total abstinence and 'planned drinking' a little differently. My goal is not abstinence, it's moderation in all things, food, alcohol, and exercise-- balance in everything.

That’s exactly me also! I know not everyone can moderate alcohol, just like not everyone can moderate their intake of ice cream or chips - but a moderation mindset works well for me. I do want to continue to post about that here so that we support the original concept of “less” alcohol, whatever that looks like for you. And even though I’m drinking more often than many here - it’s still so much less than I was last year at this time when it was mindless moderation bordering on mindless excess, not mindful moderation like I’m practicing now.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Yummy AF mocktail 1/3 c cranberry/black cherry juice, 1/2 fresh lemon, can of Pure Life sparkling raspberry lime carbonated water, 1 tsp pure maple syrup....Delish!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

That sounds lovely!

For a quick, weekday mocktail, I have 1/3 juice topped up with sparkling mineral water.

I've been having apricot nectar juice, or guava juice lately.

For weekends or treats after a long run, I add AF bubbly instead of the water, or dry ginger ale, which both add more calories.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    @WinoGelato thank you for posting re moderation. Not all on this thread are looking to be AF, and though arguments could be made that we're all following a one day at a time approach, I look at total abstinence and 'planned drinking' a little differently. My goal is not abstinence, it's moderation in all things, food, alcohol, and exercise-- balance in everything.

That’s exactly me also! I know not everyone can moderate alcohol, just like not everyone can moderate their intake of ice cream or chips - but a moderation mindset works well for me. I do want to continue to post about that here so that we support the original concept of “less” alcohol, whatever that looks like for you. And even though I’m drinking more often than many here - it’s still so much less than I was last year at this time when it was mindless moderation bordering on mindless excess, not mindful moderation like I’m practicing now.

You've done so well cutting back! Mindful moderation is now your new normal.

That's what it's all about. Making gradual changes so that we don't overdo it, feel deprived, and crash and burn.

"One day at a time", indeed.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I needed something you posted so for me it is a good thing for you to continue to post here. Oddly enough, I needed something I posted in response to a different post of yours too. I have benefited from many people here in many ways but obviously some things will resonate more strongly as they apply directly to me and my personal situation.

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    This doesn't necessarily have to do with drinking...it doesn't actually mention drinking at all, but someone posted it on Annie Grace's site. I found it incredibly thought provoking and moving. It takes around 17 minutes to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDQ1Mi5I4rg
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Thanks @lorrainequiche59 I love Craig Beck. He's very no nonsense.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    @Orphia I just clicked the link you shared a few days ago about a MFP thread that has all the links you could ever need to successful articles/posts on using this program for getting healthy. Wow! I put a star on it, so I never lose that link. Thanks!