What's your go to recipe when you don't feel like cooking?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited June 2018
    1-2 scrambled or fried eggs with hot sauce and a slice of toast with jam, and a cup of tea.
    Alternatively, a fried egg sandwich with mayo and/or mustard & pickles.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Chicken thighs in a shallow roasting pan half covered with Wicker's BBQ marinade, pop it in an oven for an hour. Open a can of greens and a can of field peas. Possibly slice some tomatoes. Feels like real food and all I have to do is pour.

If I don't want to wait an hour I often make a salad - boxed greens, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, and those tiny peppers - topped with edamame and a poached egg. Egg can be done in the microwave.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Papa Murphy take and bake Pizza! Or a frozen entree
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Rice with cheese, taco sauce, sour cream, and if I have it grilled/rotisserie chicken
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Delivery.
  • imaproudmomma
    imaproudmomma Posts: 38 Member
    I usually go for nuts and fruit with peanut butter
  • Chelle8070
    Chelle8070 Posts: 163 Member
    Spaghetti is usually our "I don't feel like cooking" meal.
  • JohnnyQBelleville13
    JohnnyQBelleville13 Posts: 9 Member
    if i'm being really lazy- toast and peanut butter. If we're being a little more liberal with the definition of 'no cooking', then I'd say baked oatmeal with whatever fruit is laying around
  • theblackcatsretreat
    theblackcatsretreat Posts: 1 Member
    I get the salad kits from Aldi for a quick lunch. For dinner I do a grilled chicken salad. I buy the garden salad, sliced mushrooms, and southwest chicken from Aldi and mix it together in a big bowl. It's enough for me and my fiance with some left over.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,817 Member
    When I REALLY don't want to cook, I microwave some popcorn and pour myself a glass of wine.

This.
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    AB&J. Everytime.
  • globalbass
    globalbass Posts: 0 Member
    Corn tortillas with a spicy black bean veggie burger patty, reduced fat shredded mozzarella, and spinach.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I'll buy some pre-made taco meat or carnitas from the store and do tacos. Because tacos. Or grilled cheese and tomato soup.