Why did you get married?

Replies

• xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Cat3141 wrote: »
    vm007 wrote: »
    Everyone who is talking about tax benefits and what not- you realize the inverse results as well right? as in a divorce may leads to half of the stuff being gone.

Yes, but half of what I save on taxes every year is better than none of it.

Basically taxes and health insurance.

There really should be zero income tax savings for being married, or single. The "savings" comes from living in the same household, and sharing expenses.
    Just like health insurance. A family of eight should not pay the same amount of health insurance as a family of three. They should pay more. This would be based upon each person who is covered has a set premium amount.
  • jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    I got married not long after I returned from Somalia while serving with 1st Marine Division. I was tired of the weekly barracks inspections, and I knew if you were married you got to live off base. Looking back...that may not have been the best of reasons, but then again, I've heard worse! :)
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    LOL...I keep asking myself that..."why the hell did I get effing married?" If I had it to do over again...no way
  • george5911
    george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member
    So I could get divorced of course
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    To have a awesome divorce party

Just so long as you don't meet your next Ex there (Don't laugh, I know a few people this happened to.)
  • BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member

:D there will not be another Ex. I give up on men. All I need is me and my kids <3

... and batteries
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    In a year or so my answer will be “Because @lstrat115 finally said yes!”

What are we waiting for?

Idk, I think society and MFP demands you wait a certain amount of time...but hey, as I stated earlier, I’m free in about four or five weeks...
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member

What are we waiting for?

Idk, I think society and MFP demands you wait a certain amount of time...but hey, as I stated earlier, I’m free in about four or five weeks...

MFP relationships typically only last 3 months. If we make it past that we are meant to be. It's a fact

Can I be the flower girl?
  • pandacsek
    pandacsek Posts: 42 Member
    Not married and I am with you on this question. I must be missing something too. And maybe I haven't found that intelligent, supportive manly man in my life who will accept me for who I am and enjoy my personality but I am sure as hell he will agree on the fact that we don't need a piece of paper to prove that we love each other and want to be together.
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member

What are we waiting for?

MFP relationships typically only last 3 months. If we make it past that we are meant to be. It's a fact

Too easy! You accept that I like baseball, I accept that you don’t like onions on your burger...that’s called compromise!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    2VORNT2V wrote: »
    If I get married it’s because I’m guaranteed one night of passionate love making so I can ensure I don’t die a virgin

🎆🏆🎆🎖️🎆

My sister thought you deserved a trophy and a medal with fireworks for your post. ROFL.
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    If I get married it’s because I’m guaranteed one night of passionate love making so I can ensure I don’t die a virgin

🎆🏆🎆🎖️🎆

My sister thought you deserved a trophy and a medal with fireworks for your post. ROFL.

She looking to get married or nah?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited July 2018

🎆🏆🎆🎖️🎆

Depends if Velociraptor thinks to take on T.rex. Bwahahah
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    I got married because I was young, dumb and thought was in love.

Now that I'm older, and not exactly wiser, I can say I don't plan on doing it again in this lifetime.

Same
  • Breezybreeze7
    Breezybreeze7 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Not married but want to be 🙋🏻‍♀️

Me too...I’m free in about four or five weeks...whadya say???

@SpartanRunner1978 - 😮😮😮😮😮😍😍😍 You’re hot too!!!! “I do!!!” Let’s go get married at the Elvis drive thru chapel! 💍