What happens when we will reach our ideal bodies?

Replies

• AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    I've reached my ideal body but I just keep going. I still do the things I did while losing weight. Also I make new fitness goals and try new activities, sports and workouts when I can.

Also I eat more so I won't lose any more weight, plus I'm more active now compared to when I was when I was losing weight.

I thought once I reached my goal things would be perfect and I would be done. It actually took me a couple years of maintenance to tighten up and feel completely comfortable wearing a bikini and getting rid of that last bit of stubborn fat.

But it’s so inspiring to hear that you were able to do it! You did actually tighten up. That’s always been one of my biggest fears. That I would lose weight but not be able to tone the way I want. I just have to remind myself to be patient with myself.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited July 2018
    Teamleslie wrote: »
    But...even with an ideal body, what do you do about the cellulite and the stretch marks? Get un the bikini anyways?

Yup.. that's what I do
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I'm not going to reach my ideal in this lifetime, I have loose skin and don't want to deal with scars from surgery. But I am so much happier now, down 125 lbs.

For me there will always be fitness goals to pursue - faster run, lifting more weight. I'm currently working on being able to do a handstand and pull-ups. And I get compliments now all the time. Last Sunday we went to the park after church and a lady passed and called out, "That is such a pretty dress!" Thanks, I like it. But if I was wearing the same dress in a 4x like when I started, it wouldn't look pretty on me, and she wouldn't have said anything. Feeling pretty also inspires me to take better care of myself. I subscribed to a makeup service to try to ease in to updating my makeup. And I take care of my fingernails. Last time I went out I got compliments on both.

I also enjoy buying vintage clothing now that I can fit into it. I bought an Art Deco formal dress from the 1930s which is the bomb. I don't know where on earth I'm supposed to wear it, no one is inviting me to the Oscars as far as I know, but I love it and my husband loves it. I'm planning to do a photo session in it.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    I've reached my ideal body but I just keep going. I still do the things I did while losing weight. Also I make new fitness goals and try new activities, sports and workouts when I can.

Also I eat more so I won't lose any more weight, plus I'm more active now compared to when I was when I was losing weight.

I thought once I reached my goal things would be perfect and I would be done. It actually took me a couple years of maintenance to tighten up and feel completely comfortable wearing a bikini and getting rid of that last bit of stubborn fat.

But it’s so inspiring to hear that you were able to do it! You did actually tighten up. That’s always been one of my biggest fears. That I would lose weight but not be able to tone the way I want. I just have to remind myself to be patient with myself.

Thanks! Patience is key. I'm older and was overweight practically my whole life too. I thought I was just going to have to deal with that deflated skin, but over time - lots of time, it got better and better!
  • Iffiormana
    Iffiormana Posts: 244 Member
    I'm not going to reach my ideal in this lifetime, I have loose skin and don't want to deal with scars from surgery. But I am so much happier now, down 125 lbs.

For me there will always be fitness goals to pursue - faster run, lifting more weight. I'm currently working on being able to do a handstand and pull-ups. And I get compliments now all the time. Last Sunday we went to the park after church and a lady passed and called out, "That is such a pretty dress!" Thanks, I like it. But if I was wearing the same dress in a 4x like when I started, it wouldn't look pretty on me, and she wouldn't have said anything. Feeling pretty also inspires me to take better care of myself. I subscribed to a makeup service to try to ease in to updating my makeup. And I take care of my fingernails. Last time I went out I got compliments on both.

I also enjoy buying vintage clothing now that I can fit into it. I bought an Art Deco formal dress from the 1930s which is the bomb. I don't know where on earth I'm supposed to wear it, no one is inviting me to the Oscars as far as I know, but I love it and my husband loves it. I'm planning to do a photo session in it.
    I’m gonna spend so much money on clothes after loosing these extra lbs.Everything looks flattering when you are thin—not fair !!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    There's no such thing as the finish line when you reach your dream weight. The work is not done.

There's the brain weight and the dream weight. The dream weight is often lower than what the brain wants. You may bounce off of the dream weight with a glancing blow but you'll be holding on tight to keep it right there.

There's a tendency to relax the reins when you reach your goal weight and old habits start creeping back in. The due diligence it takes to get there is what it will take to remain there for the rest of your life. When you reach the optimal weight the body and brain are not simply fixed and repaired and finished. Enjoy the clothes but don't ever take your eyes off the ball and data points. Keep tracking when you get there.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    But...even with an ideal body, what do you do about the cellulite and the stretch marks? Get un the bikini anyways?

Absolutely.
    My stretchmarks are my battle scars, mostly from pregnancy. They are a part of me and what my body went through to bring my baby girl into this world. I'm not gonna hide them, even though I have a LOT of them... <3
    This is my body, and I refuse to be ashamed of it. I will continue to work to make it better (which will be an ongoing thing for life) and be comfortable, but I won't hide.
    If I want to wear a bikini and I feel comfortable in one, I am going to wear it. With my stretch marks, cellulite, scars, and whatever other flaws I might have.

That being said, I am pretty conservative with my clothes. But I might do as @CoffeeAndContour said and buy the sluttiest bikini to wear at home. :D haha
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    You have to fight like hell to maintain the "perfect" body. The minute you slack off and workout less/eat more you'll start to backslide. Maintenance is a lifelong commitment.
  • LIBOR_cat
    LIBOR_cat Posts: 197 Member
    Have sex in multiple positions. Upside down. Downside up. Reverse cowgirl. Perverse cowboy.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Hopefully I'm going to ruin it again by gaining 35-40lbs of baby weight.. but it will be worth it.. I think. :p

Same here when I hit my current goal!

I honestly don't think I will ever hit my "ideal" body. There will always be something I want to improve. Even so, I still rock my bikini with all my stretch marks and cellulite. If people don't like it, they don't have to look.
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,653 Member
    actually be glad to walk on the beach in the sun with no shirt on, instead of cringing each time I do it
  • Iffiormana
    Iffiormana Posts: 244 Member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    When I get that dream body, I'm gonna be a big ol slut.
    I’m glad to hear that lol
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    I have no idea. I've come a long way and still have lumps, bumps, sag... :blush:
  • joisfit
    joisfit Posts: 7 Member
    I will buy my clothes in the regular size range, not the plus size range. I will have energy to keep up with my grandchildren and will continue to be a fun grandma. I might even be able to stop one or two medications. I will weigh weekly, continue daily exercise, and maintain what I have worked hard to achieve. That's the plan.
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,653 Member
    tinak33 wrote: »

You can come to my house and we can wear our slutty suits together and be proud of our baby steps. My pool is heated and my fences are high so come whenever!

Can I be your pool boy?
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    When I get that dream body, I'm gonna be a big ol slut.

Owen Wilson wow
  • BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member

You can come to my house and we can wear our slutty suits together and be proud of our baby steps. My pool is heated and my fences are high so come whenever!

I would just like to get into a pool without the water getting out...