JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Recap M 7/9 ~ planned rest day, wanted to sleep in before work today
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick with plan / net calories w/i 100 green (I allow myself on non-workout days) = Net calories -121, sodium -311, sugar -23 (Siggi's yogurt, popeye bread, fruits, veggies, rhubarb strawberry crisp), fiber & protein good, 12c water ~ close enough :D
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 7,089 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 & 35 floors :smiley:
    3) Find & update weekly weigh-in post ~ know it's not pretty & no idea how far back that even is at this point (thanks for the Search feature info @junodog1 glad to see you back!) = last logged 6/12 & updated :smile:
    4) Remember to shut down 4:20 at work / arrive early to hair appt since she's double-booked & juggling us = done :smiley: shorter hair than expected again, easier to deal with & hot weather so I will enjoy :D
    5) Something on to-do list = got minor things done... at least I sorted laundry for T a.m. :|
    6) Unplug 9:00 :/ 9:30 / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :neutral: 10:30 (dog walk T a.m.)

JFT T 7/10
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.51 mi 1:01:04 / stretched after = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks / supper will be salmon, sauteed zucchini, heirloom tomato & last of rhubarb strawberry crunch (July challenge) / all prelogged + have 250 net calories to spare ~ may have more snacks
    3) Evening: take down & put away laundry hanging on line (washed while walking dog & hung before work); wash towels; at least 1-2 to-do's
    4) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog W a.m.)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    @Snowflake1968 Oh my word what gorgeous shots! Your daughter is glowing!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I know I said I was logging off - but we just heard that they are "Strongly considering our offer" and I'm beside myself trying to think all the good thoughts. Quick vent and back to work - also I've totally put off drinking any water so I just filled up!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member

JFT Monday
    :star: July Challenge - got my meals planned thru Wednesday
    :star: Two things out of the closet into the garbage or donate bag
    :anguished: Cleanout guest bath cabinets.

I could not cleanout the guest bath cabinet because my son came by unexpectedly to stay the night. He was fed up at home and decided to walk away from the situation for the evening. It is good to be here for him but sad to see the marriage disintegrating.

My daughter on the other hand is doing OK. She remains with the a5shole boyfriend, who she says is afraid to see us. :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question: We do think this is part of his manipulation. We do not yell at him, her, or each other. We do not say negative things to her about him (as this may drive her away.) We may make an uncontrollable frowny face when she talks about him. :innocent: Honest - sometimes you just cannot smile.

In other news she recently had to resuscitate a child - full on CPR to bring them back from drowned. When the paramedics arrived they instructed her to continue the CPR instead of taking over so she must do it properly. She is following the progress of the child giving us the daily updates she learns (has brain function, put in medical come, breathing on own, taken out of coma, etc) so I know this has affected her more than she will admit. "No, I'm fine," she said when it all happened but we are keeping our eye on her.

JFT
    • Stick to the planned foods - July challenge
    • Cleanout guest bath cabinets
    • Vacuum downstairs
    • Two books in the donate box.
    • Work - write up procedure for processing deceased team member payments
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member

5oi5hf6f19hp.jpg

What I'm dealing with at the moment. Lol.

So it is incredibly hard to type but I dont have the heart to move him. Lol
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Found my wallet. Lol. It was in the glove box in my car. Lol. I have things to do outside of the house but I really dont feel like doing them because that means I have to take a shower and one of them is the gym. I dont want to take a shower, then go to the gym and then take another shower! I also have to run to two banks and possibly the library. I know that there are other things I'm supposed to be doing but I'm too lazy to look for goals. Lol. I'll do it in a second. I also have a bunch of money things to think/pray about before I bring them up to my husband.

And honestly I dont want to do a thing. I kind of just want to sit and do nothing. I know that will be a terrible idea because I need to get some activity in. Flo also just came to visit so I'm not pregnant which is a major bummer but also might explain why I'm so down. Idk...I just hate feeling like this.

Thank you all for listening to my random complaining.

@Snowflake1968 It probably is a combination of all of the above. I just want some normalcy again. I really REALLY wish I could be a Homemaker like I was last fall/winter. I enjoyed that immensely. Also, your daughter is absolutely breathtaking! She looks so happy.

@AJB1014 WOOHOOOOOOO!!! That is sooo exciting!

• auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Goals for yesterday:
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work: not even close!
    No extra snacks from work ✔ I actually fought every temptation to snack at work, and I won!!
    Prepare work lunches for the week ✔
    Make dinner for me and my husband ✔

I even put away all the laundry I didn't put away the day before. Also, this morning after work, I went and fixed the very minor roof damage we got from a storm yesterday. I'm pretty proud of myself, but I'm dead tired now, too, ha!

Goals for today: (It's another work day, so my goals will be pretty much the same. Keep in mind I work from 7 pm to 7 am. So, I'm at work all night and sleep all day.)
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No extra snacks from work
    Make dinner for me and my husband

Keep on keeping on!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    THEY ACCEPTED!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! OFF TO DO THE HAPPY DANCE!

Woooooohoooooo congratulations! Have two cups of water to celebrate!!!
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member

FABULOUS!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    junodog1 wrote: »
    JFT Monday
    :star: July Challenge - got my meals planned thru Wednesday
    :star: Two things out of the closet into the garbage or donate bag
    :anguished: Cleanout guest bath cabinets.

I could not cleanout the guest bath cabinet because my son came by unexpectedly to stay the night. He was fed up at home and decided to walk away from the situation for the evening. It is good to be here for him but sad to see the marriage disintegrating.

My daughter on the other hand is doing OK. She remains with the a5shole boyfriend, who she says is afraid to see us. :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question: We do think this is part of his manipulation. We do not yell at him, her, or each other. We do not say negative things to her about him (as this may drive her away.) We may make an uncontrollable frowny face when she talks about him. :innocent: Honest - sometimes you just cannot smile.

In other news she recently had to resuscitate a child - full on CPR to bring them back from drowned. When the paramedics arrived they instructed her to continue the CPR instead of taking over so she must do it properly. She is following the progress of the child giving us the daily updates she learns (has brain function, put in medical come, breathing on own, taken out of coma, etc) so I know this has affected her more than she will admit. "No, I'm fine," she said when it all happened but we are keeping our eye on her.

JFT
    • Stick to the planned foods - July challenge
    • Cleanout guest bath cabinets
    • Vacuum downstairs
    • Two books in the donate box.
    • Work - write up procedure for processing deceased team member payments

It is so hard to see our children struggle and keep quiet. Saving a life is remarkable but it has to play on you, reliving the moments. I bet it is on her mind more than she admits. Hugs to you
  • nickssweetheart
    It just occurred to me that I never posted goals for today.

1. Adhere to eating plan.
    2. Drink 64 oz of water.
    3. Eat ONLY when hungry.
  • Snowflake1968
    Found my wallet. Lol. It was in the glove box in my car. Lol. I have things to do outside of the house but I really dont feel like doing them because that means I have to take a shower and one of them is the gym. I dont want to take a shower, then go to the gym and then take another shower! I also have to run to two banks and possibly the library. I know that there are other things I'm supposed to be doing but I'm too lazy to look for goals. Lol. I'll do it in a second. I also have a bunch of money things to think/pray about before I bring them up to my husband.

And honestly I dont want to do a thing. I kind of just want to sit and do nothing. I know that will be a terrible idea because I need to get some activity in. Flo also just came to visit so I'm not pregnant which is a major bummer but also might explain why I'm so down. Idk...I just hate feeling like this.

Thank you all for listening to my random complaining.

@Snowflake1968 It probably is a combination of all of the above. I just want some normalcy again. I really REALLY wish I could be a Homemaker like I was last fall/winter. I enjoyed that immensely. Also, your daughter is absolutely breathtaking! She looks so happy.

@AJB1014 WOOHOOOOOOO!!! That is sooo exciting!

Maybe allowing one down day will give you the gumption to start going again. We all need a mental health day once in a while,
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    @mytime6630 & @PackerFanInGB

You both have some great plans ahead of you. Very inspiring! I took a break from tracking & MFP but continued to exercise. I know the food tracking is crucial and this group keeps me accountable so I need to keep posting.

Today I will:
    Listen to a Half Size Me webinar.
    Tracked my meals today, trying to come up with a low cal supper.
    Eat clean & drink more water (hot today).
    Try to stay in a calorie deficit.
    Walked our dog at beach.
    Do 5x5 Stronglifts routine at gym. Took yesterday off b/c we helped a friend move heavy furniture on Sunday and my muscles were done yesterday. My DH was impressed w/my energy & increased strength (see honey, that gym membership paid off lol).
    Meditate for 20-25 mins.
    I'm curious about intermittent fasting so I will look into it. If anyone has a good resource please share.
    10pm bedtime.

My mantra this week "Pretrack to lose weight, track to maintain weight".

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    My daughter had her engagement pictures taken on Sunday. I waited “patiently” all day yesterday for the photographer to post her sneak peeks. g7p9v1uyazwf.jpeg
    7ukbbwby5jiq.jpeg

Beautiful beautiful! Thanks for sharing. She looks gorgeous and I do love "pokey-dots"
  • toaljasa

Yea for you!!! Tell us your favorite things about your new home!
  • toaljasa
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    @mytime6630 & @PackerFanInGB

You both have some great plans ahead of you. Very inspiring! I took a break from tracking & MFP but continued to exercise. I know the food tracking is crucial and this group keeps me accountable so I need to keep posting.

Today I will:
    Listen to a Half Size Me webinar.
    Tracked my meals today, trying to come up with a low cal supper.
    Eat clean & drink more water (hot today).
    Try to stay in a calorie deficit.
    Walked our dog at beach.
    Do 5x5 Stronglifts routine at gym. Took yesterday off b/c we helped a friend move heavy furniture on Sunday and my muscles were done yesterday. My DH was impressed w/my energy & increased strength (see honey, that gym membership paid off lol).
    Meditate for 20-25 mins.
    I'm curious about intermittent fasting so I will look into it. If anyone has a good resource please share.
    10pm bedtime.

My mantra this week "Pretrack to lose weight, track to maintain weight".

I was thinking about you the other day! Glad you've still been exercising. I have also come to realize the importance of consistently logging my food.
  • nickssweetheart
    My daughter had her engagement pictures taken on Sunday. I waited “patiently” all day yesterday for the photographer to post her sneak peeks. g7p9v1uyazwf.jpeg
    7ukbbwby5jiq.jpeg

They look so beautiful and happy together!
  • toaljasa
    From my friends at GEM Training:
    “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.” -Unknown

"You live in your mind 24/7...what you think is POWERFUL! Your state of mind and your success are all up to your own choosing...and it starts in the mind"

f2y5a3a8efvq.png