Catfishing on MFP

Gaygirl2120
Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
So I’m pretty sure there is a dude on here trying to catfish me & other ladies. He sent me a message from a different profile & when I let him know I’m not interested & also a lesbian so he had 0 chances with me to begin with he & his profile disappeared. Now all of a sudden I’m getting messages from a different account, but same pic as before & literally asking me the same questions. So I’m pretty sure he is using someone else’s pic & just copies & pastes his pick up lines into different messages to multiple women. Now my question is can I post his profile or user name here to see if he is bothering other women or is it against the rules on here?

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    he probably is. baseball hat and sweatpants?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I think it's against the rules to call someone out by name (innocent until proven guilty) but you can email a mod and let them know you are being harassed from someone making different profiles so it's impossible to block.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Search for the thread titled "Expose the Catfish" and you'll most likely find your answer. :wink:
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    cee134 wrote: »
    I think it's against the rules to call someone out by name (innocent until proven guilty) but you can email a mod and let them know you are being harassed from someone making different profiles so it's impossible to block.

or report a post by them if you see it, that helps alot! pm staff (Alex, Betty, or Nova), they can actually fix it, mods can do anything with PMs

thanks for making me think to actually be helpful cee
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited July 2018
    Is he from Utah? Theres this one guy who keeps catfishing women on here. He also wears a baseball hat and sweatpants. Someone made a thread about hin a few weeks ago.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Thanks guys!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Is he from Utah? Theres this one guy who keeps catfishing women on here. He also wears a baseball hat and sweatpants. Someone made a thread about hin a few weeks ago.

yeah, thats the guy I am thinking of too. if you see him always feel free to report.

• Gaygirl2120
    edited July 2018
    Omg he was the first pic to pop up when I searched Expose The Catfish 😂😂😂
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    How do people have time or energy to make multiple fake profiles?

I wonder this, we have a few persistant trolls on this site, I just don't get the appeal. This guy, shouty guy, people who post fake sad internet stories for advice? Guess its some form of entertainment. Someone needs to get them addicted to fornite or something.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited July 2018
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    Omg he was the first pic to pop up when I searched Expose The Catfish 😂😂😂

He’s...prolific when it comes to a new account every day, and very persistent. :joy: I got (and turned down) a friend request almost every day for probably a month before he seemed to give up on me.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    If it is my picture, it is a catfish profile. Seems I've had several accounts made using my pics. Not here that I know of, but on many other dating and social media. Sad, really, for them.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Ooo, dear. Most of us have been through this. I quit reading all of my messages because of it. I accept friends but don't open messages.
  • cee134
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    If it is my picture, it is a catfish profile. Seems I've had several accounts made using my pics. Not here that I know of, but on many other dating and social media. Sad, really, for them.

Really? That's crazy (not that they'd use your photos, but that they'd do that).

I use your pic all the time. But people don't respond well to cartoons. :#
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    ChaelAZ wrote: »

Really? That's crazy (not that they'd use your photos, but that they'd do that).

I use your pic all the time. But people don't respond well to cartoons. :#

Especially those of a passed out cat... :laugh:
  • Mazda_Mx5
    Mazda_Mx5 Posts: 722 Member
    Did anyone read the catfish model ?
    A woman met a guy on a dating site .
    He was a good looking guy and he was a model .
    She fell in love with him and wanted to meet with him but he gave an excuse every time.
    So she did some investigation and found out that the picture he was using was not him but someone with a different name .

She was so upset that she contacted the real guy and told him about a man using his picture as him .
    The guy was very mad of course and they started talking daily .

The woman told the catfish guy she knows the truth and he admitted that he was a lonely guy and didn't think any woman would want him so he picked the picture of someone else.

Long story short .
    The woman and the model fell in love and even tho they were catfished at the end they would of never met if it was not from the other guy .

I know not every story has a happy ending but this one did .

Here is the full story with pictures .

http://www.businessinsider.com/catfishing-happy-ending-2017-10?r=UK&IR=T
  • cee134
    lstrat115 wrote: »

Pretty sad, isn't it? Imagine how nice it would be to live in a world where people used that extra time and energy to do good things instead.

Are you a catfish? That's an awfully big banana you are holding... maybe too big.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    edited July 2018
    What is the point in Catfishing? Developing a relationship with a person you can never meet?
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    skctilidie wrote: »
    Search for the thread titled "Expose the Catfish" and you'll most likely find your answer. :wink:

Weren’t we just talking about his guy!
  • cee134

Pretty sad, isn't it? Imagine how nice it would be to live in a world where people used that extra time and energy to do good things instead.

Are you a catfish? That's an awfully big banana you are holding... maybe too big.

Yes. Yes, I am

I think I just found Kevin.