Best nondairy morning snack?

darreneatschicken
darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
edited July 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hello everyone,

So I usually eat a big meal before bed so that I don't wake up hungry and can just go straight to work.

When I get to work, I usually have a small cup of yogurt that's been waiting in the company fridge for me.

However, I've been reading a lot of articles online recently, that state that dairy is actually not good for your skin or your digestion.

Therefore, I've been thinking of cutting out dairy from my diet.

So I'm just wondering: what is a good replacement for yogurt?

I just need a light snack that takes 0 time to prepare.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Do you have any problems with skin or digestion?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Do you have problems with you skin or your digestion?
  • darreneatschicken
    My acne is not that bad. I only get the occasional pimple. But I'm hoping that by eliminating dairy, I will never get even one pimple.

Also, if I eat too much dairy, I feel very bloated and full. A little is fine. I like to eat yogurt and smoothies in the morning because they go down easily (I'm usually very full in the morning from eating late at night).

I just want to eliminate dairy to see if my skin and digestion improves.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    It sounds like a small portion of something is what you're looking for so nuts might be an easy alternative.
  • darreneatschicken
    Allergic to nuts unfortunately... lol
  • darreneatschicken
    edited July 2018
    Banana maybe... it's a bit hard to get down... but maybe I'll just have to do with.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Banana, orange, apple
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Dern420 wrote: »
    Allergic to nuts unfortunately... lol
    Maybe something like carrots and hummus? Fruit would be easy too, like apples and oranges that carry to work well. Doesn't necessarily have to be "breakfast" food.

• darreneatschicken
    Yes fruit seems to be the answer.
  • anastasiapuzur
    anastasiapuzur Posts: 16 Member
    Yes NON-organic dairy is extremely bad for a whole body. It’s not dairy that causes health problems but hormones IN dairy itself! Best substitute would be organic dairy only or goat milk/kefir/yogurt. Also green smoothies are great for breakfast or for snack.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,299 Member
    you can get non dairy yogurt at Whole Foods
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Fruit, vegetables, olives, pickles, jerky, dry cereal, granola bar, protein bar, hard boiled eggs, nuts, seeds, muffin
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Dern420 wrote: »
    Banana maybe... it's a bit hard to get down... but maybe I'll just have to do with.

If you're so full in the mornings, why are you forcing yourself to eat anything at all? Just wait and eat when you're hungry.

Also eating nothing but a banana in the morning would have me ravenous within an hour.