What did you do today that was NOT NICE?

Replies

• AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    I was rude to someone on the phone this morning. I had explained several times why I wasn't interested in their job offer due to the time constraints - they wanted me to leave in 2 weeks out of state to do 2 weeks of training at corporate (all expense paid at least) and I just can't swing it due to family obligations and my current job.
    I lost my cool after the 3rd time I said no I wasn't interested and said "It appears you're either not listening to me or not comprehending what I'm telling you."

That was not nice. I don't feel bad about it either, and that's also not nice.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    I was rude to someone on the phone this morning. I had explained several times why I wasn't interested in their job offer due to the time constraints - they wanted me to leave in 2 weeks out of state to do 2 weeks of training at corporate (all expense paid at least) and I just can't swing it due to family obligations and my current job.
    I lost my cool after the 3rd time I said no I wasn't interested and said "It appears you're either not listening to me or not comprehending what I'm telling you."

Was it @rickswifey83 offering you a job?
  • AshleyC1023
    AshleyC1023 Posts: 272 Member
    No way, I'm always super nice when I have to call places. I worked in a call center as one of my first jobs, in collections, so I sympathize.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    My mother just called to tell me about my sister-in-law's horse that just died. Then she started going into all these details about mementos they took (cut a little mane off, etc). I am super soft-hearted about animals and could feel myself starting to get weepy here at work. I rudely cut my mom off and told her "not to call me about stuff like that at work". She got all offended so I had to explain why I cut her off. Then she tried to change the subject to take my mind off the horse and started asking me about this construction project south of town. I was like "how the f do I know?" Just leave me alone.

Now her feelings are hurt and I will have to apologize.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Was it @rickswifey83 offering you a job?

I learned from my extensive HR training that persistence pays off...I'll call again in 2 days..give em time to think it over

Good idea, offer less money the next time you call too.
  • BIGFNR0B
    BIGFNR0B Posts: 2,965 Member
    I murdered a workout and then I ate peanut butter fluff sandwiches😥
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    Visualizing punching a patron in the throat. In my defense, he was being a HUGE kitten.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    I had to report a weirdo!
  • BIGFNR0B
    Yikes
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    I lied to someone. I also ignored a text coming from the same person I lied too :#
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm doing homework at work :/
  • BIGFNR0B
    Well some dude always comes to work and does a dance so I copied him and he got mad true story!!!🤣
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Cleared a bunch of people I never interact with out of my friends list. Doing the same on all the social media accounts. Feels not nice, but feels good at the same time.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    My goal today is to NOT have a reason to post here!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I work at a food co-op as a cashier. every time a customer doesn't unload their own basket, I secretly wish their bags rip and all the berries and grape tomatoes would fly out of their containers.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    I'm still doing good!