Catfishing on MFP

Replies

• justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    OMG GIRL YES!!! I asked him (jokingly) if he was a catfish and then his profile was GONE! We were talking about the gym and he said he had t worked his arms in “like 5 years hahaha” so I asked how his arms looked like that if he didn’t work out and then I asked if he was a catfish. Boom.. GONE
  • george5911
    george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member
    ChaelAZ wrote: »
    Actually just learned of and confirmed a catfish here the other day. Pretty sad.

So weird.

There's no catfish on MFP. Y'all just bein silly.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Teamleslie wrote: »
    Yessss sweatpants and baseball cap guy from utah. He stopped talking to me last week. Im devestated............

@lstrat115 is this the one that pretended to be a girl and have a kid with cancer?

I feel like I should know what you are talking about and have no clue

I thought you were around at that time, It's been years ago. The fake army guy.
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Actually just learned of and confirmed a catfish here the other day. Pretty sad.

I’m a full on catfish 😂
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 wrote: »

I’m a full on catfish 😂

Kidding of course 😊
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member

I’m a full on catfish 😂

Kidding of course 😊

Sounds like something a catfish would say
    *As I hide my whiskers and act like a bass
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    I am the fish who knocks
  • Misty_1375

I’m a full on catfish 😂

I knew it! You are wayyy to fine to be real.

Dang it! I’m busted. You know catfishing is truly awful when there’s a reality show about it.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Teamleslie wrote: »
    Yessss sweatpants and baseball cap guy from utah. He stopped talking to me last week. Im devestated............

@lstrat115 is this the one that pretended to be a girl and have a kid with cancer?

I feel like I should know what you are talking about and have no clue

I thought you were around at that time, It's been years ago. The fake army guy.

Ohhhh wait. This sounds familiar now. Maybe an AK in the name?

Das it.
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Catfishing? Here? Nah....

I would type more on the subject but my private jet is waiting. I'm off to Moscow to watch the World Cup final with Mick Jagger and his friends.

There's an extra seat available on the jet, PM me if you're interested, okay?

I’m so in. Couldn’t care less about Mick Jagger and friends, but a private jet, World Cup final, and a date with a cartoon? How could anyone turn that down?
  • Iffiormana
    Iffiormana Posts: 244 Member
    That baseball cap,shurtless guy messaged me yesterday too,telling me I’m too pretty.But hasn’t replied to him and now I’m glad that I didn’t lol
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Iffiormana wrote: »
    That baseball cap,shurtless guy messaged me yesterday too,telling me I’m too pretty.But hasn’t replied to him and now I’m glad that I didn’t lol

Yeah he keeps changed his user name but keeps the same pic lol
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member

Same :neutral:
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Lol the catfish either blocked me or changed his name again when I called him out on it lol! His profile is gone.
  • Iffiormana
    I’m new to MFP so I started talking to a guy here,he seemed like a decent bloke but he started calling me fake.He was like “are you real?”.I said I feel real to me.But it turns out he was catfished before.
    Oh and we stopped talking because he was married and wanted to hide it from his wife.I ain’t a homewrecker my friend. 🙄
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    I’m new to MFP so I started talking to a guy here,he seemed like a decent bloke but he started calling me fake.He was like “are you real?”.I said I feel real to me.But it turns out he was catfished before.
    Oh and we stopped talking because he was married and wanted to hide it from his wife.I ain’t a homewrecker my friend. 🙄

And this is why he was paranoid and thinking you were cat fishing him! Guilty mind! So, he’s probably thinking you’re a friend of his wife’s or something and you’re on to him!
  • Iffiormana

And this is why he was paranoid and thinking you were cat fishing him! Guilty mind! So, he’s probably thinking you’re a friend of his wife’s or something and you’re on to him!
    Yeah I realized that when he told me he is married & can’t talk to me while he is at home.I asked then if his wife saw my msgs then? He said oh I delete kik when I went home.
    I blocked him as soon as I read this.