JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Some older things from my forum notes...

@Snowflake1968
    Lovely pictures of your daughter and her beau
    Also lovely pics of your hair color. I think you look good in both shots!

@nickssweetheart
    Congrats on the job. So exciting.

@mytime6630
    OMG the quilt top! I LOVE it.

@HGSmith0920
    Ah kitties and computers. The kitty I snagged from my Mom is also a black cat. (You can see my other kitty in my pic.)

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,452 Member
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Apparently my lake weekend wore me OUT! Yesterday after my late night at work I got home, did my workout, ate dinner, and pretty much collapsed for 9 hours. The good news is that I am back in action today and feeling myself again. I guess grandma wore me out haha! Also my LOTR fitness tank top (week 2 reward) finally came in the mail and I am so excited! I've been eyeing it for months but never felt fit enough to deserve it. Obsessed: nj6b77cfa6pk.png

@cschmitz110515 I just want to say you are such an inspiration. Thanks for posting your weight loss journey. You are exactly who I want to be. Someone who, despite life's ups and downs, slowly but surely loses the weight. Way to be such a great role model!

Thank you, that means a lot to me! The support of JFT has really helped me focus on the things I know I need to do. Sometimes, I just don't want to post a frown, so I do something on my list whether I want to or not.

And I love the top! Way to treat yourself in a healthy way. :D
  • cschmitz110515
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    THEY ACCEPTED!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! OFF TO DO THE HAPPY DANCE!

Big congrats on your home ownership!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Thank you for the well wishes everyone - I'm most excited for the PRIVACY! We are moving from the city to the country! Yesterday was a whirlwind to say the least but I stayed on track and this morning I was rewarded with a real loss for the first time in 2 weeks. Full disclosure if we are friends: I track weight daily so the losses that show up on my activity are usually grossly overstated because MFP doesnt say when I gain - my weight loss report chart looks like a heart beat monitor :D

JFT Tuesday
    1. Write out recollection of brake job process issues :) Didnt use it but felt good to just vent about it on paper and get over it.
    2. Stop at farm for half and half :)
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Be kind and ALSO do no harm but take no *kitten*! :)
    5. Grocery List/Meal ideas >:)
    6. TV off at 9:30 :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Lots of water
    3. Eat when you are hungry - stop when you are full
    4. 15 Wall push ups/bathroom trip
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Bring more meds to work tomorrow
    7. Bring home all shaker cups/tumblers
  • cschmitz110515
    edited July 2018
    Recap T 7/10
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.51 mi 1:01:04 / stretched after = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks / supper will be salmon, sauteed zucchini, heirloom tomato & last of rhubarb strawberry crunch (July challenge) / all prelogged + have 250 net calories to spare ~ may have more snacks = Yay! Net calories GREEN 31, sodium -142 (that's kind of a victory), sugar -34 (popeye bread, Siggi's yogurt, fruits, veggies, rhubarb strawberry crunch & 3 Hershey miniatures), fiber & protein good & 14c water. Was thinking of having a beer last night within remaining calorie allowance, but felt full so opted to save that for another day. Instead, treated myself to Hershey minis later in evening ~ happy me. :smiley:
    3) Evening: take down & put away laundry hanging on line :smiley: (washed while walking dog & hung before work); wash towels :smiley: ; at least 1-2 to-do's = boiled eggs, made Hungarian cucumber salad, prepped kohlrabi for W snack, folded hubby's work shirts for him :smiley:
    4) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: (walk dog W a.m.)

JFT W 7/11
    1) Walked dog before work while load of laundry in washer / 3.15 mi 56:07 / stretched = happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Prelogged all meals (leftovers + yellow beans tonight) & snacks / have 400+ net calories green ~ happy me, I can have extra snack or bigger portion of salmon or maybe that beer or glass of wine tonight :wink:
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    4) Evening: make tea / bring in laundry on line / refill birdfeeders (forgot last night) & check/refill birdbaths / city band concert 7:30 / prep veggie snack for Th / 1 more to-do?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (maybe cross-train or rest day Th a.m. (stormy weather predicted) / remember appt for oil change 8 a.m.)

Have to say, I'm liking the July challenge b/c it's forcing me plan better & prelogging lets me know if I have wiggle room for the day! Might be tough when I just don't know what to fix for dinner some night.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    @Snowflake1968 Your daughter is so pretty and those pictures are great! They look so happy! love, love, love!

@mytime6630 You and your family are in my prayers, and I'm sending you hugs. I agree with @toaljasa ... everything she said. xoxo

@HGSmith0920 I'm so proud of you! I was thinking of what I was going to say because I could tell you were so "down" and then the next post I can tell you powered through. You go, girl! xoxo

@Saragirl2 Did you actually join the Half Size Me program? Or do you just listen to the podcasts? Just curious. I'm still trying to find the episode that you mentioned a while back where they were talking about menopause!

I've been a member of HSM for a few years now. I really like Heather's "no gimmicks" approach to weightloss, maintenance & healthy lifestyle. Her webinars are even better than her regular podcast interviews. They routinely close the membership but it opens up frequently.

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Yesterday's Goals:

1. Adhere to eating plan. :smile:
    2. Drink 64 oz of water. :( Drank 32 oz of water and almost as much Coke Zero.
    3. Eat ONLY when hungry. :smile:

Just for Today:

1. Eat only when hungry.
    2. Log everything I eat and stay under calorie goal.
    3. Drink 64 oz of water before indulging in soda.
    4. Plan next week's eating and make a grocery list.

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    @mytime6630 sending you hugs and hoping things are better soon.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    junodog1 wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday
    :star: Stick to the planned foods - July challenge
    :star: Cleanout guest bath cabinets
    :star: Vacuum downstairs
    :star: Two books in the donate box.
    :| Work - write up procedure for processing deceased team member payments

JFT Wednesday
    Stick to the planned foods - July challenge
    Work - write up procedure for processing deceased team member payments
    Plan Thursday & Friday food
    Call Mom
    Watch next Sopranos episode
    Two more clothing items to donate
    Put away the clean laundry

Came home and our son was a house guest again last night. Dinner was burgers so I set him and his daddy to cooking. That was a nice break for me. They grilled the burgers, heated the beans, cut the 'maters, and cooked the fries. I had time to do two loads of laundry last night, all of which is either folded or hanging to dry , addition to the at home JFT items.

We are new to the world of streaming TV. We've had Amazon Prime for over a year but just really started using the Video part. Then my daughter signed us into her Netflix account. We watch a few movies, but have just started watching series. We are not big binge TV watchers unless the weather is absolute crap; if we watch three episodes in a row that is a binge. We finished Rome (which really made me want to watch the "I, Claudius' series. Anyone ever see that back in the 70's?) and now we have started The Sopranos. I am not into the whole mafia glorification thing, but this is some good writing and storytelling.

I love to hear what others think is good to watch. Some things I have enjoyed in the world of commercial TV: Boston Legal; The West Wing; Law and Order; Star Trek; Family Guy; South Park; Big Bang Theory- especially the first couple of years when they were more geeky; NCIS; ER; Crossing Jordan; In Living Color; SCTV. My reality fixes have been the Amazing Race, Survivor and Hell's Kitchen.

So what should I put on my future list - and why?

I love all family type shows. My favourites that are on Netflix Canada, which is different than US is This is Us, Sons of Anarchy (even though its violent they do thing in the name of Family). I watched Season 1 of Good Girls on tv and my daughter told me Netflix just put it on there. It was good for a laugh and some drama. I am not a big binge watcher either. Except Grace and Frankie and The Ranch. I watch those two in one evening when they post a new season.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    JFT - Tuesday July 10
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green by 150 - :/ Over by 124 - Hubby wanted pizza for supper, this is usually fine with me because I eat salad from one of the pizza places. However he also decided that he didn't want that location's pizza. So I ordered a pizza for myself. I'm not even a fan of store bought pizza anymore, but for some reason it tasted really good last night and I ate too much. It was also my Tuesday to meet with my old co-worker at KFC, so not a good day.
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Stretching Exercises tonight, depending on steps I get in throughout day - :) Ended up walking trying to get rid of some calories from the pizza.
    Write in Journal - :)

JFT - Wednesday July 11
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Exercise/Walk?
    Write in Journal

Thank you to everyone who commented about my daughter's pictures. The puppy is not theirs, it followed them around on the farm where they were having the pictures taken so they included it LOL I can't wait to see the rest if these are the sneak peeks!

All of my sales calls must be doing something we had a request for a quote yesterday. We provided it this morning so hopefully we get some business out of that. Won't it be funny if I find myself getting busy at this job just as I really need to put more time into the next one. I think I'll be doing both for a little bit anyway.

The power is out at our office today, so I have an unexpected free day. i have to monitor my emails and answer any calls but other than that I'm free! So, I am going to clean my house and organize my cupboards differently. I need to make room for some tools for my hubby.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So we all know I'm way off track again.
    So I've devised a 1 week plan (in 2 parts) to get me back on track!

1 Week Plan (part 1, Wed-Fri)

Wednesday

- Drink 8 glasses of water ❎ Total bust of a day, don't even want to get into it.

Thursday

- 8 glasses of water
    - nursery walk x2
    - log food

Friday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - nursery walk x2
    - log food
    - exercise
    - 1 piece of Marleys birthday cake!

F?!K today. Try again tomorrow

Tomorrow is a new day!

Is the 8 glasses of water definitely the easiest one to start with - I think you've struggled with this one in the past?

Maybe one of the others would be easier to start with?

I think you agreed with me before - though it might have been someone else - when I said that for me, exercise is the key habit where if I do that, I'm more likely to do other things as a result?

There's a scientific reason for that, it gives you endorphins which make you happy and this has a positive knock-on effect on everything else :smiley:

You could get back into Sweaty Betty? OR put on some of your favourite music and just have a crazy dance with the girls?! :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    junodog1 wrote: »
    We are new to the world of streaming TV. We've had Amazon Prime for over a year but just really started using the Video part. Then my daughter signed us into her Netflix account. We watch a few movies, but have just started watching series. We are not big binge TV watchers unless the weather is absolute crap; if we watch three episodes in a row that is a binge. We finished Rome (which really made me want to watch the "I, Claudius' series. Anyone ever see that back in the 70's?) and now we have started The Sopranos. I am not into the whole mafia glorification thing, but this is some good writing and storytelling.

I love to hear what others think is good to watch. Some things I have enjoyed in the world of commercial TV: Boston Legal; The West Wing; Law and Order; Star Trek; Family Guy; South Park; Big Bang Theory- especially the first couple of years when they were more geeky; NCIS; ER; Crossing Jordan; In Living Color; SCTV. My reality fixes have been the Amazing Race, Survivor and Hell's Kitchen.

So what should I put on my future list - and why?

Couple of my favs are The Closer (on TNT 7 seasons) and its subsequent spin-off Major Crimes. I have the whole West Wing series, and love L&O, Big Bang Theory, NCIS, ER. I also watch lot of PBS series/shows. If available I will always watch reruns of Columbo, Murphy Brown, MASH, and Mary Tyler Moore Show.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

I've been a member of HSM for a few years now. I really like Heather's "no gimmicks" approach to weightloss, maintenance & healthy lifestyle. Her webinars are even better than her regular podcast interviews. They routinely close the membership but it opens up frequently.

I will check out the HSM website --- right now, I think I need to extra motivation from her podcasts! Thanks for sharing
  • mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So we all know I'm way off track again.
    So I've devised a 1 week plan (in 2 parts) to get me back on track!

1 Week Plan (part 1, Wed-Fri)

Wednesday

- Drink 8 glasses of water ❎ Total bust of a day, don't even want to get into it.

!

F?!K today. Try again tomorrow

I'm right with there Bex! Water is my biggest struggle. OK, lets make a pact! We have to drink 8 glasses of water before we go to bed!! (even if it means gulping down 6 glasses before bed ... and being up all nite :p
  • mytime6630
    I'm trying to find my post from last nite ... and realized I didn't even get on here!

Another crazy day... I think I am losing it guys :'( Our daughter again had her toilet overflow, but this time, at least she remembered how to shut off the water before it got so bad as to run downstairs.

She is afraid to move to a ground floor apartment, so that is not a option. But my husband and I both worry that the day is coming where she is unable to live alone. There are no easy options. We can hire a place that takes her disability money, and finds her a apartment, and they will give her a caseworker, and check on her once a week. But that makes me nervous ... because these places are all downtown - a good 30 minute drive from us. And once a week is not enough for someone to check on her. She comes out to our house everynite ... we are her only friends, and only stabilizing force. She lives just 2 miles from us, so that is a plus. I am kinda like her caseworker - I count out her pills, see to whatever she needs. But ... it is exhausting, emotionally mostly. I know when we are gone she will need this, but we have to get her to agree, something she does not do.

So we are just taking this, like everything else in life , one day at a time.

But as far as my diet ....I'm not so good. Its like I am burning out, and just don't care. But ... I DO care.
    So here goes .... another day. If I can just keep from gaining, right now, I consider that a win. I lost 27 pounds since January 2107 ... so I have to remember that. Those last 10-15 pounds will eventually come off.. but the key is not to regain.

JFT, THursday

DO THE BASICS:
    1. DRINK WATER
    2. EAT PROTEIN
    3. EAT PLANTS - veggies, fruits
    4. EXERCISE
    5. PLAN AHEAD

• mytime6630
    My daughter had her engagement pictures taken on Sunday. I waited “patiently” all day yesterday for the photographer to post her sneak peeks. g7p9v1uyazwf.jpeg
    7ukbbwby5jiq.jpeg

Beautiful pictures!!! Your daughter is just glowing, and looks so very happy! I'm sure you are so proud of her! Thank you for sharing such a happy moment.