Less Alcohol- July 2018- One Day at a Time

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    I am feeling calmer and relieved back to AF following a few months experimenting with moderation. The hardest moments are in the store where I see a favourite beer and need to kick myself a bit to walk on by. Once I get home with nothing it's easy - I also love having more calories for food!

Reading all if your messages is fantastic. Thanks.

I have saved about $50 per grocery trip by not buying bottles of wine. Happy you are doing so well! If it's not in the house, you won't drink it. Have a wonderful day! Xo
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    @erikNJ You have a very positive vibe. Your comments are very kind. I don't mean to single you out cause like you said we have a very supportive group here, but I just wanted to express that to...and I think it is always nice to hear something about ourselves that someone appreciates.

@NovusDies Thank you so much for the work you put into the resource lists & the tips & benefits. Really good reminders for all of us. :)
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    I am feeling calmer and relieved back to AF following a few months experimenting with moderation. The hardest moments are in the store where I see a favourite beer and need to kick myself a bit to walk on by. Once I get home with nothing it's easy - I also love having more calories for food!

Reading all if your messages is fantastic. Thanks.

This is me, too.

On another note:

The biggest grieving process over alcohol I had was how much I screwed up while drinking, how much money and time I wasted, my self destructive nature of trying to kill myself with how much I was drinking more and more, and a HOST of other you know what!! Glad I am done.............................

I gained way more than I lost. May I keep it up. So God help me!!!!

On a fun note:

Happy Birthday Julie!!!!!!! Many more!!!!!!!! You are a blessing and may you be blessed!!!!!!! If you aren't getting drunk, don't feel guilty! I bet you will do great once again! You have done well before!
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    @lorrainequiche59 awe thanks, got me blushing
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited July 2018
    I always feel weird when people thank me for the resource work. I think the real thanks belongs to the amazing participants of these threads that share their thoughts, experiences, and research. Most of what I do is paraphrasing and formatting.

ETA: If some of that looks unfamiliar it is because it is largely coming from the April thread which I have not mined for material yet.

It is very interesting to go back and read what April me wrote and compare it to now. I also laughed because I now realize what @WinoGelato was going to say after one of my posts but I didn't mean it the way she probably assumed at the time. You have to love message boards sometimes.

• NovusDies
    Thanks for the nice words but I think it is more like I am a guy that is good at highlighting passages in a book.

I like this latest round because it comes from more people which makes it more comprehensive. For instance, I think the racing heart in the middle of the night came from at least 3 people (one of which was you, of course :) )
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    I happened upon this thread on the morning of July 4th as I was updating my FMP information for the day. My occasional glass of wine had turned into a glass each evening to wind down while checking the computer and getting ready for sleep. Sometimes, it also included a glass while I fixed dinner. Occasionally, an extra after dinner with the family. But almost certainly, the one before bed. I had noticed, that over time, this had become a habit that I couldn't so easily just say no to any more. I could tell it was an issue, but oddly kept doing it.

July 4th, I saw this challenge thread and followed the directions to page 1 of the thread. I clicked on the link for "The Alcohol Experiment." It looked interesting. I love understanding the "nerdy" details of why, how... Anyway, I clicked on the option to start the experiment. Today is day 8 AF of the 30 day challenge.

So good too see you here @GardenMama129 ! The alcohol experiment and Annie Grace's other stuff for me started last August. After a few months AF I have been trying out different moderation ideas. But staying away is now the restful place. Good luck! I hope you enjoy this group as much as I am.
    Thank you. It was nice to see a familiar face when I started following the thread and it's been so helpful to hear the journeys of others.
  • NovusDies
    Happy Birthday Julie!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Happy Birthday, Julie! I hope you have a wonderful day and fun with your friends tonight! <3