How to lose weight when your body is comfortable?

ash1864
ash1864 Posts: 24 Member
edited July 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I am female, 5 feet 8, aged 25, and weigh 11st 2lbs.

For my height and weight, I'm a healthy weight with healthy BMI but I don't feel great at the moment and would really love to shift about a stone. I've been eating healthy for some years now and lost around 2 and a half stone from 2014-2016. I don't lose weight quickly, which is fine, but I do seem to gain and lose the same 7lbs quite a lot.

I exercise between 3-5 times per week depending on my schedule. I do zumba, hiit classes, and the odd weight class if I feel like it. I eat healthily, lots of smoothies, salads, fruit, veg, lean protein - but I do have the occasional treat on weekends. I don't restrict myself but eat a generally very healthy diet. I usually eat between 1300-1500 calories per day.

My body is really comfortable at this weight and just doesn't like to budge. I have been 10st 7lbs in the past but I was not eating enough and had cut down my calories considerably. I do get hungry very quickly after eating (probably an hour or two after a large meal) which I find irritating even though I'm eating enough.

If anyone has any tips or ideas for kick starting the weightloss that would be great - I can change my diet quite easily, but I don't like following fad diets or programmes or taking anything unnatural.

Thank you!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Log everything as accurately as possible. You have little to lose, which means you need a small deficit (about half a pound a week). Because of that, you need to ensure your diary is on point because you have little room for error. If you don’t have one yet, I would recommend getting a food scale to weigh your solids on and make sure you aren’t accidentally overeating.
  • ash1864
    Thank you! I do weigh pasta and rice - but that's about it really.
    What do you suggest weighing - not all food but most?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2018
    ash1864 wrote: »

all food AND drinks (those that are not actually - calorie - which is mostly just plain water). anything that goes in your mouth (the general we) are very bad at assessing weight of the food we eat and underestimate calories. It is the only way to know if you are actually hitting your calorie goal or not.

it can also recommend macros to ensure you have a balanced diet (protein is important).

• ash1864
    edited July 2018
    Thank you - everyone is very insightful. Weighing my food and logging drinks is something I'll definitely start doing. My main worry is I'll get hungry - no one likes being hungry! I do get hungry even an hour or so after my evening meals. I drink about 3 litres of water per day, so it's definitely not that. Do you think it could be the amount of sugar in some meals? For example I often make stir fry veg with chicken and noodles - an hour after my stomach starts gurgling! :D
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Thank you - everyone is very insightful. Weighing my food and logging drinks is something I'll definitely start doing. My main worry is I'll get hungry - no one likes being hungry! I do get hungry even an hour or so after my evening meals. I drink about 3 litres of water per day, so it's definitely not that. Do you think it could be the amount of sugar in some meals? For example I often make stir fry veg with chicken and noodles - an hour after my stomach starts gurgling! :D

Which is not necessarily a sign of hunger but more the physical fact of the food and liquids (and any air swallowed along with it) being processed through your stomach and intestines.

Habit probably had you feeding the rumbling and it's now hard to get used to it. Perhaps up your calories a smidgen and add a post dinner snack if you really feel you need it.

Also, how fast do you eat your food? The faster your eat it, the more air you swallow along with it, which might also lead to more air gurgling around in your intestines.
  • ash1864
    I know I have a feeling it's not hunger at all - although it feels like it!

I am quite a fast eater, I always have been so that might also be something to watch.

It's interesting getting other people's perspectives as you become so accustomed to doing things your own way you don't see where you might be going wrong!
  • Pnuttiest
    Pnuttiest Posts: 11 Member
    I'm in a similar situation. It is so tough getting those last few pounds off. I weigh and measure everything, and I count everything that goes in my mouth. Mini Hershey's bar 45 calories. it seems like nothing, but it is all calories.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    All food that you eat.