Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Moist Snack Cakes
  • cee134
    Options
    You sure are posting a lot @caco_ethes. By the way Caco is pronounced like Taco but with a C.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I always thought you had a monopoly on the bananas
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    One "inside joke" that isn't brought up much, but is one of my favorites, was Lexi. The girl that lied about having cancer, then when she was found out started changing her profile names but by then she was already known as Lexi. If you called her out she would say "BLOCKED" and then want to fight you in a Wal-mart parking lot. @lstrat115 @km8907 @Avocado_AS5 were there.

She also was a bartender, lived in New England and drove a BMW and had a hip tattoo. But her hospitalizations were all in Florida. She was quite a gal and really kept us all on our toes with her shenanigans.

I miss her. I sure hope she beat the cancer! ;)
  • cee134
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I always thought you had a monopoly on the bananas

I did. @lstrat115 just likes pictures of bananas.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    There was something about chicken nuggets but I never really got that one. Anyone want to fill me in? Was that also related to Deb and Carl? I need details on all of these things

The flex Friday gif I did where I eat a cookie? Bacon thought it was a chicken nugget. He called me nugget after that. Not sure if that’s worse or Hank
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    One "inside joke" that isn't brought up much, but is one of my favorites, was Lexi. The girl that lied about having cancer, then when she was found out started changing her profile names but by then she was already known as Lexi. If you called her out she would say "BLOCKED" and then want to fight you in a Wal-mart parking lot. @lstrat115 @km8907 @Avocado_AS5 were there.

Don't forget the BMW her dad bought her that wasn't out yet and the tattoo she got that was quickly found on Google.

Edit: I'm slow to the draw.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I am disappoint. Being the king of adopt a noob should bring privileges, not shaming into silence. :rage:

I have a question for you. What was the adopt-a-noob thing initially about?

@4legsRbetterthan2 captured the heart of it well, but...she left out the parts where mods took over.

It started as a forum convo between Whierd/Wheird and I. Technically I'm the King because I had the guts to start it, but the idea originated with him. He has a rich forum history in case anyone cares - much drama around a female forum member. He wasn't loved by the mods of the time.

I don't recall whether it was around New Year's or April Fool's, or some other holiday, but I decided to get the ball rolling. I created the thread, and it took off.

A short time later, I got messages from mods of the day trying to decide if this was okay. They weren't pleased with the idea. Eventually they locked it down. We got threats about being banned, despite being perfectly open about what we were trying to do. Somehow I had a reputation for being untrustworthy. :ohwell: It might have had something to do with the Phallic Fruit series of threads. :neutral:

Anyway, eventually original thread died, but the idea was brought back via a thread created by and stickied by a mod a few hour/days later. It's been awhile, so details and recall might not be exact. I don't believe there was any credit given for the idea, but the important part is that it lived on. It's had yearly thread renewal since.

@caco_ethes

ahhhh the good ole days

your older than google arent ya?
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    1st - I can't say this any more clear than this:

THERE ARE NO INSIDE JOKES

All the "inside jokes" like cream puffs or Kevin were all from the forums where anyone could read them at any time. So no one needed to be on the inside if they read the forums for that day.

2nd - @lstrat115 you forgot about Sam.

3rd - People expect lists to be in 3's or more. So...

Also, if you ever want to know why people are referring to something just ask.

Quit witchur inside jokes
  • cee134
    Options

She also was a bartender, lived in New England and drove a BMW and had a hip tattoo. But her hospitalizations were all in Florida. She was quite a gal and really kept us all on our toes with her shenanigans.

I miss her. I sure hope she beat the cancer! ;)

I've been waiting in that Wal-mart parking lot for quite a while now.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    There was something about chicken nuggets but I never really got that one. Anyone want to fill me in? Was that also related to Deb and Carl? I need details on all of these things

The flex Friday gif I did where I eat a cookie? Bacon thought it was a chicken nugget. He called me nugget after that. Not sure if that’s worse or Hank

No, what I am referring to is much older than that. Like before I spent much time here.

Chicken Nuggets was started with Deb and Carl. I think later on Deb and Carl were mentioned again and the chicken nugget arose again. Here is a thread I found.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10590925/deb-carl-where-dey-at/p1

And don't forget Emily the rising lawyer.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    New people are welcome to ask me about any inside joke or vague, cryptic, insiderish post that they see here. I'll answer and I've been here for awhile.

I have to know..... Did you believe that I was a stripper after that thread?

I really did because I saw your cleavage pics and lower body selfies too. You mean you were just joshing?

Actually that cleavage shot was a joke too because I purposely overdid that and used a ridiculous filter and then said it wasn't for attention and there was no filter.

I have never been a stripper nor anything similar. I just couldn't help but take that opportunity to prove a point. I can be a real *kitten* like that sometimes.

Lstrat you're destroying all my illusions. I thought you had a history of letting it all hang out and I could so relate.

I would bet a lot of people in the forums have a very wrong impression of who I am and what I am about, but I don't bother trying to set the record straight. I come here to have a good time and not try to prove my self worth to anyone so I just let people believe what they choose.

My first impression of you was discovering your love of peen so there's that.
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    Moon_Stone wrote: »
    When I first discovered the forums there was Lexi but people kept mentioning someone named Bella. What was that about?

If I remember correctly when she kept making new accounts she would tell everyone her name was Bella once they called her out for being Lexi.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

No, what I am referring to is much older than that. Like before I spent much time here.

Chicken Nuggets was started with Deb and Carl. I think later on Deb and Carl were mentioned again and the chicken nugget arose again. Here is a thread I found.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10590925/deb-carl-where-dey-at/p1

And don't forget the Emily the rising lawyer.

Thank you. I heard of them, but don't remember ever seeing the original info.

I will never be able to forget Emma.

Oh man, chicken nuggets was way before my time 😂
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

And don't forget the Emily the rising lawyer.

Thank you. I heard of them, but don't remember ever seeing the original info.

I will never be able to forget Emma.

All of her threads were shut down.

Yeah Emma... I had her name wrong. The ask me anything threads were a hoot, for both of her accounts. :smiley:
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I cannot keep up with this thread
  • cee134
    Options

• Caporegiem
    Options
  • cee134
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Yea show us the door! I secretly hope this turns into Fence Girl 2.0

I saved a picture of the fence because it took forever to get her to post it.

0apxk1lyoajr.jpg
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Yea show us the door! I secretly hope this turns into Fence Girl 2.0

I saved a picture of the fence because it took forever to get her to post it.

0apxk1lyoajr.jpg

I really hate that she had the thread deleted. It was a great few weeks of build up to her getting caught on her BS story.