crustless quiche help

allmannerofthings
allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
I like the crust less quiche for getting in protein without too many calories but every time I make it its sticks in whatever baking pan I use. I have ruined a muffin pan and a cake pan already - both were theoretically non-stick. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Did you grease the pan?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,552 Member
    Rescue your old pans by soaking in hot water where you have dissolved a few tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda.

The only pans I have found to be truly non stick are the new generation of stone pans which I don't need to grease for eggs or pancakes.

https://www.stonefryingpans.com/5-best-stone-frying-pan-brands/

I don't like 1st generation tefal non stick due to noxious fumes when overheated. The 2nd generation porcelain coated pans lose there non stick properties after a few months because they are easily damaged. Tempered cast iron should be okay, but are somewhat high maintenance.

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I use butter and spread it in a pan with a paper towel. I use about 1/2 TBSP. After I Have the butter evenly coated in the pan, I sprinkle panko bread crumbs in the pan and shake it to evenly coat. Then fill with eggs, chopped veggies, meat and cheese if desired. The panko and butter add minimal calories and I never have issues with sticking.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Also, for the muffin pan, I use cupcake liners. They have ones made out of tin foil that work awesome.
    Bonus, if you are careful filling, hardly any clean up at all, and package in a gallon zip loc freezer bag and you can take out as needed, thaw overnight in the fridge. Remember to remove from cupcake liner before you microwave as the foil arcs in the microwave. The paper cupcake liners get soggy when thawed, but work well for immediate use.
  • 52fifi
    52fifi Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi I love these quiches and after several ruined baking tins of various shapes and sized I tried using a square brownie tin and line the bottom with grease proof paper and have never had a sticking issue since.

Hope this helps
  • laurenloporto
    laurenloporto Posts: 1 Member
    Try a round glass Pyrex pie dish and use a vegetable spray. I make them all the time and never had any sticking issue.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Second vote for parchment paper
  • confidenceinrain
    confidenceinrain Posts: 104 Member
    I also use cupcake liners!

The advantage of this for me is that I will limit how many I eat, as opposed to having quite a large slice from a full sized quiche.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Silicone all the way. I have silicone cupcake tins and silicone liners too. Nothing sticks. No buttering either.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,552 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Silicone all the way. I have silicone cupcake tins and silicone liners too. Nothing sticks. No buttering either.

I love the non stick of silicon but am saddened by the lack of browning. In our house, we fight for the crunchy corner pieces of lasagna but silicon eliminates those.
  • allmannerofthings
    allmannerofthings Posts: 829 Member
    Thanks everyone - I am going to try the silicone.
  • denniscdunbar
    denniscdunbar Posts: 1 Member
    I would throw out any Teflon pans with scratches and just use cast-iron pans or muffin tins. These pans are a health risk and shouldn't be allowed.https://thestorefrontcompany.com/
  • cyncmt
    cyncmt Posts: 17 Member
    Parchment paper keeps everything clean and easy. Just line the pan and let excess hang over side ots fine as long as its npt toucking elements. Easy release and clean up
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    Could you modify this? Or do you think it would still be too high in calories for you?

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/21551/quick-quiche/
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    I use my cast iron skillet or a glass pie plate. For muffin size I use silicone liners.