Vegan protein powder

amyjoan1
amyjoan1 Posts: 47 Member
I am looking for a vegan protein powder ( flavored would be good) wich does not contain any xantham gum or anything of that sort, any thickening agents. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I like Vega1, there are several flavors, but you'll need to check the ingredients.
  • nattowen23
    nattowen23 Posts: 2 Member
    Check out Garden of Life products.
  • rodmelching
    rodmelching Posts: 67 Member
    I just recently purchased . . Nuzest, Clean Lean Protein (pea protein powder) on Amazon. Made two shakes so far using 1 cup of almond milk and 2-3 cups of water and various frozen fruit. Happy with the flavor, has a slight artificial sweetener taste. Contains thaumatin which is a natural sweetener similar to stevia. Hope that helps . . good luck!
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    I used to use this one but switched to a whey product because it's cheaper and I have no problem consuming animal products. This one is good and has a decent nutritional profile. I mixed it with almond milk, a little more than called for or else it was too thick for my taste. https://shop.oxyfresh.com/products/vibe/
  • bananababe10
    bananababe10 Posts: 1 Member
    I just recently purchased . . Nuzest, Clean Lean Protein (pea protein powder) on Amazon. Made two shakes so far using 1 cup of almond milk and 2-3 cups of water and various frozen fruit. Happy with the flavor, has a slight artificial sweetener taste. Contains thaumatin which is a natural sweetener similar to stevia. Hope that helps . . good luck!

Glad you got along well with it, Rod! Sadly, I didn’t have much success. Going to keep on trying to find another though as I’m in the same boat as the OP.

OP, is your issue with Xanthan gum a digestive objection?
  • amyjoan1
    Nope, not a digestive issue. I’ve tried the Vega and tastes good but xanthan gum and all those sweeteners and thickening agents seem to be in every vegan protein powder. I try my best to eat as clean as I can wich seems almost impossible- but can use the protein powders just can’t seem to find one. Still searching though!!
  • amyjoan1
    Was just hoping to find a pure- healthy protein powder I can use the nutrients a protein but want to do without any additives if possible
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    <- Not currently vegan.
    1) Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds, 2) Nutribiotic Organic Rice Protein. 3) Some people like pea protein powder but I cannot take the smell, 4) Navitas Organics Chia Seed Powder probably works although I have not tried it.
    These are not flavored. Add your own flavoring like coconut water or frozen blue berries or cinnamon and lemon.
  • rrodenius
    rrodenius Posts: 1 Member
    Kos protein powder is vegan and 100% plant based. You should check it out!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    I like Garden of Life's products. They have several different proteins depending on what suits your needs, and they have some of the cleanest labels that I've been able to find for plant-based proteins. Personally, I really love their Vanilla Raw Meal.
  • amyjoan1
    Thankyou, I appreciate the suggestions I will look into those that were suggested that I haven’t read on yet! Thx
  • djsilentfit
    djsilentfit Posts: 1 Member
    RodaRose wrote: »
    <- Not currently vegan.
    1) Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds

Hemp powder is good
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Bob's Red Mill sells a hemp protein powder without anything added to it. I use it for baking and smoothies.
  • dolcezza25
    dolcezza25 Posts: 136 Member
    edited August 2018
    Orgain Organic in Chocolate fudge or peanut butter is THE BEST. Not as gritty, pretty clean, and has a good amount of fiber, too.

edit: the very last ingredient if xantham gum. sorry.
  • maybebeccadough
    maybebeccadough Posts: 49 Member
    I always like to give a shout out to True Nutrition when people ask about protein powder. Love their stuff, you can customize your protein powder, and even with shipping it's cheaper for me than anything I can get locally. Plus it tastes better.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I've tried them all and found the best tasting is OWYN. Second favorite is vega and then orgain.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Pescience vegan line kills any vegan powder I’ve had