Sorry, how many servings per packet?

Replies

• DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    My ridiculous serving size complaint is with Kellogg's Sugar Frosted Flakes. This product is offered in a wide variety of packages, each of which nutrition label has a different serving size.

What about the weight of each serving size? Does Frosted Flakes come it different flavors, that might be a reason.

EDIT: I went to the website, it has the same serving size for the different sizes.
    Serving Size 3/4 Cup (29 g)
    https://www.frostedflakes.com/
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited July 2018
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Some frozen pizzas give a serving size as 1/5 of a pizza. Cutting a pizza into 5 pieces is awkward. I doubt anyone is really cutting their pizza that way.

Serving size of one pizza = one pizza! :D

They could list it that way and it would make sense. The point is no one is cutting the round pizza into 5 slices .

My dad used to cut pizza in to 5 slices. Although there were 5 of us in the household at the time, so I guess that made sense.

And we had more than one slice. Obviously. Because who eats 1/5th.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    That sort of stuff is never accurate in terms of portion sizes. I could easily eat a whole pack of that sort of thing to myself!

I look at the weight of the pack and then the info per 100g to assess how many roughly will be in a serving.

Like crisps..."sharing pack" and it's not one of those massive ones, it's just a larger pack, 50-60g. Who's going to share that? We all know most people will just have it to themselves.
    30g of cereal as well? It takes 100g just to have a half decent bowl a lot of the time.
    1/4 pizza?
  • DoubleUbea
    This is true of soda as well, that 16oz bottle of soda is TWO servings. You have to watch carefully
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    I'm the exception and love when things are split into thirds because I cook for myself, my S.O. and brother-in-law, so 1/3 is perfect LOL
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Ramen... 1/2 block :)

I found a recipe for a fabulous Asian ramen soup and to get the carbs and calories where I wanted it had to split the ramen in half. So yes, I am that person who only eats half a ramen at a time ;)

Me too! I'll do the whole block if I'm making it for lunch with some shrimp, but if I'm doing it with chicken thighs and a stir fry, it's perfectly adequate for just half a block.
  • DoubleUbea
    edited July 2018
    Non-fat Greek yogurt, national brand & store brand, same ingredients.
    sj15g96pqvna.jpg
    i2dq81x6j7vm.jpg

There must be some difference, if I took equal amounts the calories would be different.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Non-fat Greek yogurt, national brand & store brand, same ingredients.
    sj15g96pqvna.jpg
    i2dq81x6j7vm.jpg

There must be some difference, if I took equal amounts the calories would be different.

Eeeeeeeeevil yogurt. I feel your pain.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Corn chips, large packet, only half full but apparently has 6.5 servings per packet? It looked to be around 5-7 chips is one serving.