JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - Round 46

Replies

• SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 2,977 Member
    OTOH, I've lots a half-inch of waist and I put on some jeans that were snug a month ago - they're loose. So don't use the scale as the only measure of progress!

Or maybe I've LOST half an inch.... :smiley:
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,745 Member
    @GrandmaJackie You may know this already so I apologize in advance. Keto strips are not an effective gauge of ketosis if you are fat/keto-adapted. They only measure the ketones your body is wasting. I bought a meter several months ago. It provides accurate readings. It also does glucose, hematocrit, and hemoglobin with a different strip!
    Oh, and it took me 4 months to get through the 140’s! FRUSTRATING!
  • quiltingjaine
    @mamasara2 , @no1racefan1 and @MadisonMolly2017 Another of those phrases that can be heard or “lip read” is ‘olive juice.’ My daughter used to say this to her toddler and I questioned her about it. Olive juice MFP pals!!

@puttyputty I blame it on fat fingers! Try leaving the decimal out of your weight. MFP doesn’t like it when you gain over 1,000# overnight! LOL

@beachbody4l WHOO HOO! Congrats!!
  • quiltingjaine
    edited July 2018
    @marcvb35 To make a lasting change, you need to think of this a “way of eating” you can sustain rather than a diet you go on and off. Yes, there will be a periodic occasion for which you will splurge but going on and off (work week/weekend,) IMHO, will not lead to long range success.

@tiabirdie56 I typed this once and seem to have lost it so hope I’m not repeating myself. I am also skinny-fat, the result of not going to the GYM in over 6 years and finding our “fitness room” seriously lacking and re-losing over 40 pounds. I need to not be so lazy and get my rear out the door and up the road to a REAL gym! Having said that, does anyone have experience with Planet Fitness? My daughter and another friend seem to like it and it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. (Retired and limited income, you know.)

@abowersgirl Increasing your water consumption might increase your loss. I drink at least a gallon a day but I live in the desert and temps over 100* and generally super low humidity do dry us out. My husband is quite proud of himself when he gets over 1/2L!