The 'mom guilt' therapy thread.

LiftingSpirits
LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
Moms. I know a lot of you feel guilty that you're not doing enough to be a "good mom".

I bet that most of that guilt is unwarranted. Moms, can you come together here and offer some support and encouragement to someone who's feeling guilty when they're actually doing a pretty good job?

If you want to share something you're feeling guilty about, I'm sure other moms are feeling the same, and others still have gotten past it and can share how they got through it.

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    m7ijr0m5yrgp.jpg
    30kewavu8mmc.png

Should i be concerned.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Good Lord, please don't show this thread to my wife.

I'd be sleeping under a freeway overpass starting tonight.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    m7ijr0m5yrgp.jpg
    30kewavu8mmc.png

Should i be concerned.

Only if you can't run faster than them.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    m7ijr0m5yrgp.jpg
    30kewavu8mmc.png

Should i be concerned.

Only if you can't run faster than them.

Im screwed.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Always feel guilty when I don’t feel good and can’t take my kids outside to play!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    this is pretty sweet of you @denny_mac
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    I have a teenager and a toddler. I am trying to balance each one's needs. Some may say that having children this far apart may be nice. Truthfully, I feel guilty, because I was young with my oldest and not making much money. I couldn't provide her with the things I can now provide to my youngest. There is such a difference of how each one is raised, and sometimes it makes me feel that my oldest thinks that I give the little one more attention.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Ahhh Denny I love you!
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    More seriously, moms, the ones of you doing things right (and tight...thanks again autocorrect) matter so, so much. My wife suffers from the mom guilt. I spend some part of my time trying to help her realize how good she is, to point her to the fantastic things she does. That would be the thing I'd give you all if I could, just the appreciation that I feel for that job when well done. :smooched:

That's very nice of you as a supporting husband. I think if moms got this kind of support more often they wouldn't carry this guilt around everyday.
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    On a lighter note:
    I feel guilty for letting my teen watch caillou and teletubbies when she was younger. Those shows are terrible!
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    I don't even wanna go there... :s:(
  • jlsmith4439
    jlsmith4439 Posts: 53 Member
    Feeling guilty for working to much and then for not enough a d helping out with the finances .
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member

Right there with you. I think you’re an amazing mom, though.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

You are a wonderful mother.. doing her best.

Being a mum is one of the toughest jobs in the world but one of the most rewarding and fulfilling. Mine are grown now and I did a pretty damn good job mostly on my own, even if I do say so myself, even if I didn't always think so at the time.