JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - Round 46

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,745 Member
    @cpanus Chris, jumping up and down for you!!! (Maybe I can knock a few ounces off, too! :wink: )

@Ooga78 “Fat fingers” typo? I guess we all do it!

@AJB1014 I’m doing Keto and used to eat even when I wasn’t hungry - just to meet my macros. No more. I only eat when hungry and sometimes fall short on the protein macro but it beats eating something and going to bed miserable, which is what I had been doing.

@puddlegoober You go, Joe! Never give up!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    edited July 2018
    @quiltingjaine - I've been working on a similar mindset. I say "IF I make the choice to eat this what will I feel like when I lay in bed tonight. Planet fitness I've heard is great. I personally use Beachbody On Demand and stream my workout from my laptop (I have a hdmi cable to attach it to my big screen tv). This gives me tons of options for workouts and eliminates the "I don't want to go to the Gym excuse". I think its still $99/yr for their On Demand service.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited July 2018
    @SheilaBoneham, We knew what you meant :smile:

@Ooga78, And I KNOW you meant to post your weight as 166

@denicaswrex, Did you end up doing 20/4? 22/2? or OMAD? I have done them all but never on purpose. Just not hungry all day.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    @quiltingjaine - Yeah it was a failed experiment :D I was worried about being under calories for too many consecutive days around 1000 cals - but I'll probably more than make up for that deficit at some point this weekend and it will all even out. Never do I remember NOT being hungry for such a span though - pretty sure it's nerves. But, figuring out how to treat my body when I'm not hungry is a good tool to have too I suppose so I'll keep working on that too.
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    @marcvb35 To make a lasting change, you need to think of this a “way of eating” you can sustain rather than a diet you go on and off. Yes, there will be a periodic occasion for which you will splurge but going on and off (work week/weekend,) IMHO, will not lead to long range success.

at 48 years old this is my first attempt at loosing/now somewhat maintaining my weight with food alone. I have to admit it was easier to lose 42 pounds in 7 weeks for me then it is to maintain a steady weight. I love to cook and eat. I am attempting to maintain by changing one meal a day to a limited choice diet. I realize I don't have to love every meal. it must sustain life. I enjoy learning from all of you.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Ooga78 wrote: »
    Female, age 39, 5'5"
    OSW: 6/13/18, 178.8
    End of Round 44, 6/26/18, 170.6 (-5)
    End of Round 45, 7/6/18, 168.8 (-1.6)
    Total weight lost: 10.0

Round 46
    7/07: 168.8
    7/08: 167.6/Started C25k a couple of weeks ago, making progress with my runs and feeling good.
    7/09: 167.6/Sounds good.
    7/10: 166.6/Cautiously optimistic. Could not get up this morning for a run, perhaps will try tonight.
    7/11: 167.0/Ran last night and this morning. Had to do lunges as part of strength training today, my thighs will be screaming tomorrow. Tomorrow is rest day.
    7/12:166.8/Rest day and getting together with friends = anxiety over calorie consumption mixed with I don’t want to get mental about what I am eating and let it ruin my day. So a mix of both, choose wisely, but have some fun and if I go over it will be okay, it’s a ‘marathon not a sprint’ mantra for today.
    7/13 176.0/Went for run this am. Did not eat dinner yesterday, lack of options and time, don’t like when this happens. Alcohol free for 30 days today!

166.8 to 176? That did not happen.
  • denswrex
    denswrex Posts: 243 Member
    @SheilaBoneham, We knew what you meant :smile:

@Ooga78, And I KNOW you meant to post your weight as 166

@denicaswrex, Did you end up doing 20/4? 22/2? or OMAD? I have done them all but never on purpose. Just not hungry all day.

@tiabirdie56 Nothing intentional, just busy and let the hunger pangs go unanswered and they disappeared. It was actually a really good feeling to have an empty stomach. I liked it! I wish I had just gone to bed, but I somehow felt the need to "eat my calories" before the end of the day.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,941 Member
    @tiabirdie56 Nothing intentional, just busy and let the hunger pangs go unanswered and they disappeared. It was actually a really good feeling to have an empty stomach. I liked it! I wish I had just gone to bed, but I somehow felt the need to "eat my calories" before the end of the day.

@denicaswrex, Yes! I like how it feels to have an empty stomach too and not think about food. I want to do a 24 or 48 hr fast at the end of July to reap the benefits and reset for IF. My intermittent fasting schedule has been all over the place since the last week of June. Some days 12/12, some 16/8, some 20/4.